It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces Air Strikes On ISIS In Iraq To Prevent Genocide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He should have just authorized it and did it AND THEN announced what happened. Why did he make the announcement like that? Political posturing. It gives ISIS time to dig in and prep. The element of surprise is gone. This operation is screwed up already.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ia reply to: FlyersFan

It felt like an apology to me. As if he were apologizing to his supporters. His speech seemed very strange, Imo.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He should have just authorized it and did it AND THEN announced what happened. Why did he make the announcement like that? Political posturing. It gives ISIS time to dig in and prep. The element of surprise is gone. This operation is screwed up already.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Think about it....what you said is what he did....the air drop was over this morning according to one poster...(Mr Spad)
the airstrikes will be intermittent and on call probably when the fighters need it.....
Seems the announcements WERE after the fact so to speak....no sense advertising...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Its a nice cover story though, of cause we will soon read how some (99%) of the dropped supplies fell into the wrong hands because of prevailing winds.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"Obama isn't doing anything about ISIS ... what a coward!"

("What? Wait, he is doing something about it???)

"Obama is doing something about ISIS ... what an idiot!"

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Assad hasn't been going to bad against them in Syria and I'm pretty sure the US could give them a knock out blow if they really wanted to. It comes down to whether they actually want to or not.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I am wondering how many Kurds or Iraqis will get hit by US friendly fire.

The problem I have is not knowing if the US is secretly backing ISIS or in fact who is backing ISIS. Someone sure seems to be.

When an enemy jumps out of nowhere one has to ask the question.

We have seen this before, Alciada jumped up out of nowhere and said Boo. We know who set them up.

This is all very strange.

Is this the playbook or is someone messing up the playbook?

Hmmm.

P

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I agree with you, Phoenix.

The whole ISIS 'thing' is very odd'.

They're supposedly muslim. OK. Yet they go around blowing up Muslim buildings, tombs, mosques etc?

How is this?

Who are they funded by and who is paying their 'wages'? To me they appear a mercenary army following orders to destroy the past and destroy the present.........to create what kind of future?

This is hanging oddly and I smell a RAT...........a very BIG RAT!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Assad hasn't been going to bad against them in Syria and I'm pretty sure the US could give them a knock out blow if they really wanted to. It comes down to whether they actually want to or not.

Assad has a better disciplined army than iraq, the kruds are a better fighting force but aren't armed well enough.
the only way the they would have a chance is if the U.S. puts observers in and calls in the air strikes. if they have stingers and sams that's a whole new ball game.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Don't trust Obama. He's a snake in the grass. Says one thing does another. If the stories are true about the ISIS leader being a Mossad agent then I doubt Obama would be fighting against them. He doesn't do anything against his beloved Israel.

Remember all the 9/11 lies, Iraq lies, Libya lies, Syria Chemical Attack lies!

Remember that Humanitarian aid came in the form of NATO Air raids over Libya. It's going to be the same thing with ISIS. The US will bomb the Kurds and help the ISIS then the media will show the lies that shows it the other way round. Everything is inverted with these idiots.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hilux1996
Don't trust Obama. He's a snake in the grass. Says one thing does another. If the stories are true about the ISIS leader being a Mossad agent then I doubt Obama would be fighting against them. He doesn't do anything against his beloved Israel.

Remember all the 9/11 lies, Iraq lies, Libya lies, Syria Chemical Attack lies!

Remember that Humanitarian aid came in the form of NATO Air raids over Libya. It's going to be the same thing with ISIS. The US will bomb the Kurds and help the ISIS then the media will show the lies that shows it the other way round. Everything is inverted with these idiots.

Or more simply, maybe you are the one with the inverted view? Nobody else has to jump through impossible hoops while doing magic dances for that reality to exist.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Elliot

It's well documented that most of the fighters come from failed States which were blown to bits by Western nations. Remember, we armed and funded the opposition fighters in those countries also. ISIS have had the West in their back pocket for a very long time... ISIS are not Muslims, not Sunni Muslims, no association with Islam. They are Western mercenaries posing as Muslims.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Pentagon: US military aircraft conduct strike on Islamic State artillery 'used against Kurdish forces defending Erbil' - @PentagonPresSec

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Initially people thought ISIS was a Saudi backed group.. So, is Obama really going to fire missiles at Saudi backed militants?
doesn't seem likely, are they not Saudi backed militants or is the US military going to assist ISIS?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
ooh look a twitter alert

'' US Military have conducted a strike on ISIS artillery in Iraq - Pentagon says on twitter ''

edit on am811318082014-08-08T08:11:58-05:00082014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I watched his speech last night, and thought, Okay, good. Still it's the first step into the gates of war, but, at least we are trying to do "some good".
Then I thought, Why are we not reporting on what Everyone one else IS NOT Doing, or Is Doing? Are we alone in this? France? Aussies? Japan? Anyone Will Do. It seem to Me that the Russia & China are In Cahoots, while we can't even get on board with Canada and well....F any plans to work with Mexico or The Southern Region for that matter.-Argentina going bankrupt and stuff.

American gives and gives, makes treaties that, in the short term seem great, but in the long run bite us in the arse because the other side that signed will be like, Hey! You broke your treaty, so now we hate you for everything you did to make us recover and prosper, now go F-urself.

Why is one side of the world seeming to Fair better than ours? wtf moments.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is right in time to get the world to stop looking at Israels war crimes and the attacks starting back up today. Funny that.
I think we should let our allies handle it this time. Small bombing runs will do nothing. Allied troops need to focus on ISIS.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I agree with you 100%.

Only one thought tempers joy at this news and that is the fear that US will only end up doing air strikes that help ISIS. US seems to exist on bad intel, and/or not care a lick for what they are doing... I would worry here.

I don't want anyone else helping ISIS...not even a little bit. I want to see the death of each and every one of them!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have dissed Obama over the last few weeks when he stood by and did nothing while ISIS went on their mass murder spree through Iraq(using stolen US weapons and vehicles.
I am actually glad he is finally taking action-if anyone deseves to be J'damned out of existence it is these degenerate killers.

What is sad is the fact they allowed the death of so many shia muslims in Iraq,but when the christians start getting killed,the US and allies start threatening airstrikes..

Does that not reinforce a popular belief in the muslim world that muslims are somehow less deserving of protection/peace than christians/Kurds etc?

The allies should have started bombing them the moment they moved from Syria into Iraq IMHO.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, well, when he made a prisoner trade by "just authorizing it and doing it", he got reamed by Congress and the right for "lawlessness". If he HAD announced that trade ahead of time, it would have been considered "political posturing" and would have completely screwed up the opportunity.

To some, Obama can't do ANYTHING right, because no matter what he does, there's always another way he COULD have done it and his critics will support THAT way, regardless.

I applaud Obama for this humanitarian and aggressive move. There's not a lot I approve of lately, but this, I support. Unfortunately, he's still having to clean up the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld mess.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join