It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World Order Bible Versions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
What I am disputing is the idea that the modern Roman Catholic community is descended from the ancient Catholic church in a sense that the rest of the church is not.
Clinging on to and trying to monopolise the label "catholic" isn't enough to do it.
Your community is one of the fragments of the original catholic church, nothing more, and that is what makes invalid the argument of "Anything that was done by the early catholic church, we did it".

edit on 8-8-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
a reply to: BlackManINC

The Catholic church is the organization that brought you the Bible.

Why not trust theirs?

Douay-Rheims Bible -- the original English version pre-dates the King James, and doesn't have all of the errors that the King James Version has in it.

The Arimeic Catachysm of the syriac Church is older still, there bible is pretty much in agreemant though they grew out of the first century Jewish follower's of christ, they also were never part of the conclave if nicenea but do use a version of the nicean creed, they schismed into two churches and one merged with the catholic church fairly recently in term's of history.

The catholic haters though are so blinded that they forget the protestant bible is based on the catholic bible but was translated from Latin to German by a augustinian monk and priest called martyn Luther.

The war with the catholic church began when power mongers fearing a loss of power tried to stop the spread of the truth.
His followers were actually catholics who now read what had previously been the domein of only the preists and they would never go back, the church eventually ceded to there original calls but only after hundreds of years and many massacres on both sides', when the Rome itself was taken by a protestant army and the fat and corrupt pope ran for his hife which his skirts flapping in the wind, many swiss guard lay down there life for him but after an age of more enlightended popes was born, today's pope is the best for a long time but it is true to say that any priest who serves god is the successor to saint peter and not just the pope.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Your community is one of the fragments of the original catholic church, nothing more

While I would agree with that, the point is that the entity which is now the Catholic church, along with the Orthodox Catholic church, can claim a direct line of descent from the Apostolic church, which determined Biblical canon, which is something that Protestant churches, apart from the High Anglican and Lutheran churches, cannot claim.

You and I have discussed the differences between "little 'c' catholic" and "big 'c' Catholic" in the past and are in general agreement, but I guess that I've never asked -- as an Anglican, when do you think "big 'c' Catholic" emerged as a church? When did we go from just this "community of believers" to the actual Catholic church (recall that there is no such thing as the "Roman Catholic church" -- "Roman" was tacked on by Protestants who didn't like the official title of the church, which was, is, and will likely always be the "Catholic church".)

edit on 8-8-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
You are defining continuity through the hierarchical structures, and I don't.
If we define continuity through the community at large, then the Reformation churches of the sixteenth century were the northern half of the western European church of the time, and what then became the Roman Catholic church was the southern half.
Given that kind of continuity, those churches too can claim to be part of the church which provided the original Bible.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
When did we go from just this "community of believers" to the actual Catholic church

I suppose the Catholic church in the modern sense goes back to the Council of Trent, when it defined itself over against the opposing groups.

But the pyschological groundwork was being prepared earlier, as a by-product of the seventh-century invasions of Italy which had the effect of cutting off Italy from the rest of the Empire and cutting off the western church from the rest of the church.
From that time onwards, the western church under the Pope was really in a little world of its own, and in that isolated world the Pope was supreme in a way that he had never been supreme in the church at large.
He was the big fish in the small pool.
That was the origin of the pyschological attitude of "We are the church, and our leader must be the head of the church", which grew up in the mediaeval western world and has now carried over into the modern Catholic community".

edit on 8-8-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are defining continuity through the hierarchical structures, and I don't.

Well, I do and I don't.

When I decided that I didn't want to be a Methodist any more, I set out to decide what I did want to become. Because I had rejected Sola scriptura as being irrational, I went to the writings of the Early Church Fathers, because I figured that the closest I might come to the "true" church (which I did not, and still do not, believe still exists,) it would be a faith that held the same beliefs that the earliest non-Apostles held.

The key things that I took away were belief in the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist, and faith in the teaching authority and structure of an overarching church hierarchy. The first, because I think it is absolutely clear that when Christ was talking about himself being the living flesh that we must consume, he wasn't being metaphorical, or else he wouldn't have lost most of his followers, and early critics of Christianity sometimes accused them of being cannibals, so it was apparently widely held in the earliest days of the church. The second, because I think that some Protestants go off the rails because they can interpret scripture to their liking, and because there is no ruling authority, they are welcome to come to all sorts of conclusions, from the rejection of the trinity to thinking that "God hates fags."

There are other consistencies between the Catholic church today and what the church appeared to be in the First and Second Centuries, but those two were the most important to me.

So, for me, the line goes back in two ways -- theological consistency and Apostolic succession, with a line of Bishops of Rome that goes back to the First Century (whether it goes back to Peter is debatable, but going back to Linus is not.) The first is far more important, but I believe that the second is a part of it, as I don't think that improperly ordained clergy are capable of the consecration of the Eucharist.

That was the origin of the pyschological attitude of "We are the church, and our leader must be the head of the church", which grew up in the mediaeval western world and has now carried over into the modern Catholic community".

One thing that I was a little surprised to learn recently is that the Catholic church recognizes the communion of the Orthodox Catholic church, but they don't recognize ours (there's a bit in the missal that talks about "Orthodox Catholics should respect the teachings of their church" that I always wondered about, so I went to an Orthodox church and checked -- it's there because the Catholic church says that Orthodox Catholics can take the Eucharist in a Catholic Mass, but the Orthodox Catholic church says that they cannot, and, as a Catholic, I am not welcome to take the Eucharist at an Orthodox Catholic church, which I didn't know.)

edit on 8-8-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
Good vid, I have watched Pastor Anderson some on youtube. He is a good teacher.

My only problem with him is that he is a Baptist which has been infiltrated and controlled by those in power.

I do completely agree with his KJV beliefs though.

BTW, everyone in the video appears to be Baptist which raises some huge red flags as well...

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this. Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts. I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools. I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

edit on 8-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Murgatroid
Your source is dead wrong. Full of hate and untruths. Opus Dei is full of very nice prayerful people. They pray and read scripture and go to mass most every day. They aren't at war with anyone. They are good helpful people who haven't got even a smidgen of hate in them, unlike the links you have provided.

Official Opus Dei Website

Work, family life, and other ordinary activities are occasions for spiritual union with Jesus Christ.

Opus Dei provides spiritual formation aimed at helping people develop their spiritual life and apostolate. These activities are held in Opus Dei centers or in a church, office or private home.

Opus Dei's work of spiritual formation complements the work of local churches. People who join Opus Dei or attend its activities continue to belong to their local dioceses.

These are ordinary people who want to pray and learn and be closer to God.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Opus Dei is full of very nice prayerful people.

So is the government, does that justify what the government does?

Religion is dead wrong.

It is nothing BUT hate and untruths.

God and religion are enemies.

They are OPPOSITES.

All one has to do is look at the fruit, it is obvious.

God loves, religion hates.

God speaks truth, religion lies.

God creates, religion kills.

Satan is the author of religion, NOT God.

God HATES Religion.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I personally believe in a pre-trib rapture as its littered throughout the text, you just have to pay attention tothe details. The problem I have with his rapture view is he believes your view on when we are caught up can effect salvation. I personally don't care if I am right or wrong on the timing as if god wills me to go or stay gods will be done.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

You are the one who introduced me to his videos. PM the best video you think he has defending his position on the post trib rapture.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have one thing to quibble with you. A Rapture belief says only the "saved" would be sucked off the planet. There is a difference between a good person and a saved person. They are not necessarily always the same thing as I understand the two concepts. It is perfectly possible that a Rapture could occur (assuming one happens at all) and leave plenty of good people behind.

Which is again why no sane person actually wants to see the End of the World.

edit on 8-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto
Pastor Anderson preaches the Bible.

So does Satan, he quoted the Bible when tempting Jesus.

He will quote the Bible when tempting you also.

Most cults use the Bible as well.

In fact, the Bible is called the 'dead letter' when it is not brought to life by the Holy Spirit.

Like John MacArthur, Billy Graham, John Piper, Hank Hanegraaff, Mark Driscoll, the Catholic church, and so many other ministers of Satan today, Steven Anderson believes you can blow your brains out and go to heaven. This teaching well fits Satan's agenda. He is a murderer (John 8:44), and he wants people lost and sent to hell (e.g. Luke 8:12). What better way to get them dead and in hell than to lie to them about suicide?

Steven Anderson Is Unfaithful To The Word

"...in sharp contrast to the Bible, Steve Anderson teaches that the saints (Church) will be raptured 75 DAYS after the Abomination of Desolation. In part 15 of 22, he says the saints will be Raptured AFTER the Tribulation, but BEFORE God's wrath is poured out. This is commonly referred to as a “Mid-Tribulation” or “Pre-wrath” position of the Rapture. Anderson teaches that the saints will be removed BEFORE the wrath of God is poured out upon the world."

Steve Anderson Errantly Teaches A Mid-Tribulation, Pre-Wrath, Rapture

Steven Anderson, pastor of [Un]Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona, teaches a horribly damning and twisted view of eternal security. Besides his utterly hypocritical stance, Anderson encourages utter debauchery and outright "superfluity of naughtiness" (James 1:21 KJV) as he declares no restraint on sin for anyone who has ever been supposedly saved.

Steven Anderson's Twisted Eternal Security

So unless a person hears God’s voice and senses His Spirit when receiving the words from God, there is no rhema, there is no faith, there is no life, and there will be no good fruit produced. In fact when people quote scriptures with out being led by the Holy Spirit they produce death not life. Remember even Satan can quote scriptures, Mat. 4:6. People in the New Age movement quote scriptures, Muslims accept some scriptures, and many cults will use some scriptures from the Bible, but there is no true faith produced when they quote the Bible.

The Pharisees and Sadducees used the scriptures to bring death, as do some religious leaders today, but when Jesus quoted scriptures it brought life. Jesus says “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) Too many pastors and Bible teachers are bringing death to people instead of life by speaking un-anointed words, that is words that the Holy Spirit has not led them to speak.

Too many people are teaching the written word without teaching the Spirit, which is how to hear God’s voice in you, the Holy Spirit. "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. (Mat 12:35-36) Idle words are dead words that do not carry the anointing of the Holy Spirit, which means that they do not carry God’s voice and His spirit to penetrate the heart of the hearer bringing life and faith.

Hearing God's Voice

Run, don't walk away from Steve Anderson and stay very far away. Pray that he can see his own heresy, and seek repentance. As James 1:8 says A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Just because he uses the KJV doesn't mean he a man of God. As 1 Jn 4:1-6 says we're to test the spirits to rightly discern if they are truly of Christ.

Anderson is nothing more than a modern day gnostic who's like a little boy that play's church every Sunday and Wednesday. Isn't this the same guy who picked a fight with the patrolmen at the border and then begged the brethren for money for his legal defense and medical expenses? He could at least have had enough integrity to accept responsibility for these problems that he alone caused for standing on his "civil rights" What a phony this guy is and has been from the beginning.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I`m looking forward to the end of the world. It couldn't come fast enough. For the saved, the way to salvation is narrow, but for those who consider themselves "good", to those who believe in salvation through good works, the gate to hell is wide open for them.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC
I`m looking forward to the end of the world. It couldn't come fast enough.

But the bride isn't ready yet...

What we now know as the Orlando House of Prayer (OHOP) came about out of a personal encounter that I had with the Lord. On May 8, 2005, I was encountered by an Angel. My spirit-man came out of my body and I could feel someone cradling me. As I was taken to Heaven, I was allowed to hear a conversation that Jesus and the Father were having; it was a conversation that shook me and has brought about the birthing of OHOP and what it is today. The conversation with the Godhead dealt with the following key values:

1. Intimacy –“It’s time to get your Bride”

2. Character – “The condition of your heart is now”

3. Urgency – “Son, you are not ready”

4. Holy Spirit Power – “For the next great move of My Spirit”

5. Intercession –“Lord show me how to get ready”

www.orlandohop.org...

Sid: Now I have to ask you what were the most terrifying words you heard in heaven?

Carlos: Well in that encounter at one point in the conversation between the Father and the Son, the Father looked at Jesus and this was near the end of that conversation; near the end of the encounter. When the Father said to Jesus “It’s time Son go get your bride!” And Sid the only way that I could explain how I felt at that time was the terror, the terror. It was like the terror I didn’t understand what the terror or the fear of the Lord was. But at that moment I felt the terror and fear of the Lord. And what came out of my lips; what came out of my mouth were these words that said and I screamed it at the top of my lungs, “No… we are not ready!”

www.sidroth.ws...

End Times Instructions from Heaven (@ 10:45 min.):

Carlos Sarmiento (@ 8 min.):

Carlos: You know I was shocked by what I said; I was really disturbed by what I said; as a matter of fact when I came out of my encounter. I said “My God, my God what was that?” And I remember I was so disturbed by those words that I was shaking and crying out loud I realized that it was 4:00 AM in the morning and I threw myself on the floor and four 2 hours Sid all I could tell you was that those words “No, we’re not ready! No, we’re not ready!” They kept coming back to me and I didn’t understand why I said that.

I said “Lord, am I not ready? Is my life not ready? Am I not ready to meet you? Is my family not ready, is my ministry not ready? Why would I say that, and for 2 hours I cried out, show me, speak to me? So finally at the end of those two hours of standing, sitting before, laying before the Lord I heard the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit that said “Son, if I took you home right now you are ready to meet Me for eternity, but in the condition your heart is in right now you are not ready for the next great move of the Holy Spirit that I’m about to visit the earth with.” And that’s what put me in a seeking mode where I said “Lord, I don’t know how to get ready, teach me; show me how to get ready.” And that’s what brought me to the place where we are today.

Sid: Tell me just a few things that the Holy Spirit showed you to do personally to get ready.

Carlos: The first thing He showed me was through a series of events and through me seeking the Lord about that. He said “Carlos number 1 you must return to your first love.” And he reminded me of the Church of Ephesus in the Book of Revelation; how the Church of Ephesus had great works.

Carlos:And the Spirit of God began to reveal to me, "Son, because you left your first love, therefore, there's a lack of humility."

www.sidroth.ws...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So God's word can be corrupted? If it can, how do you know your version isn't corrupt? Imagine how you'd feel if you ended up believing the wrong version and were sent to hell.

Put yourself in the shoes of all those "fake" Christians. Their beliefs and convictions in their version are just as strong as yours are in your version.

My point is just because you have beliefs and convictions in something does not mean that thing is true especially if you call other believers in the same book as you "deceived". It's just as likely that you are just as deceived as they are.
edit on 8/8/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

PM'd you.

Watch his videos and sermons before you find and re-post some dribble online from someone with no Biblical knowledge that hates him. How many times does the Bible say or imply that true Christians who preach the Word of God will be hated?
Many.

a reply to: Everyone

I've watched over 500 of Pastor Anderson's videos. This man has been reading the Bible cover to cover 4 times or more per year for almost 20 years. I've been a Christian for 22 years, and have never heard anyone with so much Biblical knowledge, nor have I ever heard a preacher who's sermons resound so much in my heart.

Pastor Anderson is a true man of God. I don't believe that anyone who actually and truly believes what the Bible says would be able to say otherwise.
edit on 9-8-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

God HATES Religion.

Glad to see that you still think that you can speak for God.

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. (Matthew 6:8 NIV)

… even when you're 100% wrong about him.

"Me and my Bible" types are in for a rude awakening at some point, when they realize that their arrogance and false superiority are their gods. The only question is whether that realization comes before or after judgement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join