It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Humanitarian Airdrop Mission in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

It would just be called a false flag anyway, some people can't have the US being the good guys. Waiting for the first false flag thread about these events to pop up on here so predictably

Poor you. Accuse the man of having nukes, bomb his country to 1790, put him to jail, watch as the chaos arises and people start killing each other THEN you drop some rice.

You know the saying, good guys always finish last

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

The MC-130 is specially designed for covert insertion of special forces troops, and the MC-130J is the best out there at it. They can be in, drop food and whatever else, and be on the way out before ISIS knows they're there. If they see them coming they could be in trouble, but done right they can be in and gone before trouble starts looking.

www.af.mil...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

that's my sole concern. that ISIS folks would get the opportunity to 'get the drop' on any sort of humanitarian aide mission.

now.... before you say.... they'd be all safe and sound.... in an out in no time flat.

i'm well aware of their training and abilities.

but... these ttype folks and today's dayt and age have a way and measns of often FUBARing all of the above to their advatnage, is all i'm saying.

I'd be prefacing it all with a half dozen or so A-10s to start things off with.

let the 130s and/or what not come in 15-20 mins after it all having been strafed and safed, so to speak.

????

[ETA] send the cowards to their cover.

then start dropping the rainbows and lollipops, etc.

edit on 8/7/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

Well what do you know. . . .

Obama did something I agree with.

Will wonders never cease?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The fact that this is in the news here before they make the drop, inclines me to think ISIS might see them coming

Jus saying

X

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Well what do you know. . . .

Obama did something I agree with.

Will wonders never cease?

he should have been authorizing cleansing of the drop zone prior to actually sending these via parachute.

the 130s can place stuff amazingly close to desired locations, but that's not to say a few meters in altitude won't make the difference between said rations and the like finding their way to supporting the ISIS folks despite and no matter.

should have authorized clearing of the area first.

though. I'm quite certain that's how it will play out amidst the commanders in the field until it's all said and done anyway.

????

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Oh by no means am I ever thing to say they'll be safe and sound. There's always the chance for things to go wrong. Hell a mechanical problem has shot more missions in the foot than just about anything else.

But all things being equal, my money is on the Combat Talon, just because the guys on the ground aren't trained fighters. They aren't going to have radars monitoring the area sitting on mountain tops to watch into the Valleys, etc. The Talon was designed to go in against some damn good defenses. It stands a good chance of getting in and out here too.

There's always a chance of something going wrong, or someone getting lucky, but you have as much chance of hurting the people you're trying to help if you go in and level the area first.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

They might know the mission is coming, that doesn't mean they know where it's coming from or when it's coming. All the advantage is with the Talon crews.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

thank you for that.

Needed a good laugh today.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

There's an SOP for things like this.

I'm sure it's being done the right way.

(hopefully)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
let's see how this goes.

someone has to get 30+k people to safety.

they can't live up there forever.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

There's an SOP for things like this.

I'm sure it's being done the right way.

(hopefully)

I'm sure there are, but that's not to say 'extraordinary circumstances haven't been considered nor added to the equation either.

It's quite the dynamic environment. to say the least.

delivery of goods too low in altitude gives support and much needed supplies, stuff to ISIS.

too high, to the people designated

in betwee is or could be anyone's guess.

the ISIS folks could very well fight to secure the same from an otherwise less armed iraqi portion or the populace.

drop pamphlets notifying that in two hours you'll be dropping pallets of humanitarian aide, supplies for those trapped on the mountaintop/side..

but that you'll be strafing the area of rebels throughout that timeframe, all the while, with A-10 gunships.

that whomever ventures into said areas be open game.

when the drops happen... include pamphlets that if your found, make known or demonstrate to be affiliated with ISIS.

your fate/destiny isn't guaranteed beyond your next breath.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Now I wonder
Will anyone say this is hypocriticle that the US helps ISIS in Syria, turns a blind eye in Iraq, but as soon as some Christians on a mountain are threatened the US is blowing stuff up and bringing in aid.

Not saying this is my opinion, but it has occurred to me

X

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
Now I wonder
Will anyone say this is hypocriticle that the US helps ISIS in Syria, turns a blind eye in Iraq, but as soon as some Christians on a mountain are threatened the US is blowing stuff up and bringing in aid.

Not saying this is my opinion, but it has occurred to me

X

i've bitten it enough, already.

seems it take a few hundred/thousand 'christians' stranded on a hilltop in Iraq to bring about US forces to either support of protect the same.

gotta protect that image of being the world's righteous pontiff pilate. no?

:derp: :derp:

if our resident president had half a set, he'd have already cleared that mountainside before it became an obstacle for those folks.

!!

???

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
POTUS is explaining his decision now
Starts out with first there were American assets that needed protection
Second Iraq asked for our help

Hmmm didn't Iraq ask for our help 6 months ago when Faluga fell to ISIS?
Oh, sorry ISIL according to the pres?

X

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The president is speaking about this now.

I stopped listening after he said 'the world is more secure'.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Genocide ?

If that is indeed 'Christians' trapped.

That is about a persons religion, not their race.

People are neither born Muslim or Christian.

They learn that behavior.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

I hope on one of those 72 pallets droped from US planes of food and water was a palet of M-16's and ammunition to help these people defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think the aim is precisely that....get a C130 shot down and have at these fiends.....the Stenis is nearby I think....with 80 ready to go jocks and lots of ordinance too.....
Why send a carrier force and then send them home bored....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
well it seems that the US operation went as planned

Now what?

x

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join