It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Products banned in Russia...(list)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
home.mytelus.com...

These wide ranging bans will definitely have a negative effect.
The EU is not the only one to suffer.......much of whats banned is what we produce in the way of foodstuffs save grain....
Russians will be up in arms by spring if this ban goes on too long....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I guess they missed those trade talks we had with China this year. And they WANT our crude. Good luck with that Vlad. He can punish his own but it's dick to Canada.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

* Food.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
PORK www.theglobeandmail.com... ern-sanctions/article19929850/

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am thinking that we compete to sell our products and there may be other countries waiting in the wings to sell some of their stuff to Russia . Russia will probably even except their own country's currency .I can see countries like Cuba and South American Countries looking at what is happening as a good thing . a reply to: stirling

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
How are we going to get our crude to the west coast ? We still haven't been able to get the pipe line to the south and the trek to the west coast has way more hurdles . a reply to: intrepid

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Same as we've been doing it for decades. Rail. I know. But you're not going to see a pipeline to the coast....EVER. BC isn't online. Don't even talk about FN and they've got the clout.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Definitely a boon to other waiting suppliers.....but Canada produces quality goods mind you.....
Anyway as doomy as it sounded....I looked up the trade volumes....here they are...
www.edc.ca...
it looks like we may hurt not so much......kind of a pittance really in some circles....the pork farmers may feel it though...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am assuming that the oil we ship by rail there now ,we have been selling to someone .China although thirsty for oil just may find a closer supplier in Russia . There was talks that Iran were going to trade oil for technology awhile back and that would help bypass the sanctions on them . Russia has plenty of oil of their own but they could sell it to China or Japan . a reply to: intrepid

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Personally I'd like to see us cut off part of that and give Canadians a buck/gallon. We're not 35 million people. What? We can get a break on the crap that comes out of our ground? And build refineries. Sell an end product.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Not looking good all around with these sanctions. Read earlier Russia will be purchasing their beef from Brazil. Can't say I blame them though, wait till they make the airlines travel around Siberia. That's going to hurt.

Side note - this is the second time I've been unable to access that website from the US, (get a 500 gateway error.) Had to use an EU proxy just to read the list. Media blackout?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That's weird....worked fine when tested from this end.....

How much re arranging of the world trade does this whole thing entail....and will Putin end up with a wider sphere of influence buying elsewhere for cash rubles...I think so....He has the crude to trade as well.....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think it is a good thing, Russia standing up for itself.
I bet they would do the same with US products...If we produced anything at all that is.
This game is just becoming a great pissing match in between the worlds richest folks, and we regular people will follow them all the way to war again!
We fall for the lies every single time, with only the slightest of a push.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Oh man, that is going to make it hard to get good corned beef. Brazil makes some of the best canned corned beef.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey you mice love that # hey......whod a thunk it...The quality of beef will surely drop a bit comparatively IMHO....We grow the best beef bar none....
Pork and chicken all same same...but beef gotta be Canadian...
Just take the national anthem for example...
O Canada.....We stand on guard for...beeeef!

edit on 7-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wonder if this is GMO?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
...but beef gotta be Canadian...

The southern hemisphere may become the only producer of edible beef in the near future.

90% of the world's nuclear reactors are in the northern hemisphere.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - Russia has banned the import of food products from Canada and other western countries for the next year. Here are the impacted Canadian products:

— Fresh, chilled and refrigerated beef

— Fresh, chilled and refrigerated pork

I am not surprised as Pork is prohibited by the Islamic dietary laws since Islam is the second most widely professed religion in Russia.Throughout the Islamic world many countries severely restrict the importation or consumption of pork products.

so we want to play

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Lets see harper wiggle his way out of this predicament.....this was to be expected...don't these politicos ever try a little extrapolation......coulda seen this coming a mile away.....whatll we ban back Caviar.....no thje elites need their caviar....

new topics

top topics

join