It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do if all these conspiracies come to pass?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
...and become real?

If there's a police state will you deny it? Will you say its for our own good?

If (and i say if) Bush stays president after 2008, will you say its for the good of the nation?

If they take the Internet away will you cry to friends and relatives or will you support this?

A lot is said here back and forth but still somethings remain unanswered.

Will you still support this government if all of the above come true?

[edit on 4-12-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I dont see any of the thing you mentioned happening.

If the things did happen, besides the internet, I would fight, or die. period.
I have lived to long free, to let someone just take it away.

I hope americans havent lost the way, or thier will. We need to stand for what we believe. I hope we can come together to be one in our time of need.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE WILL FALL.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Cobra, i too, value my freedom and would rather die than see any of these things come to pass.

Somehow i get the feeling there are those who wouldnt mind.

I guess a better question is, IF all this happens, will we wake up when its too late?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand your question. I know that I'd fight for what I believe - which may be different than what my neighbor believes. However, wouldn't this be considered anarchy?

I guess it would depend on whether we are being 'conditioned' (which we may not even know, until it is too late), or being 'controlled'. Control may be required to save me and my family. So, I think the question is too general. Can you elaborate some?

BTW, I do not believe Bush will stay on after 2008. How could he? Even if he wishes to stay or wishes to change a president's 'tenure', it would not start with him. Possibly the next President, but no way would he stay on.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
, wouldn't this be considered anarchy?

Or revolutionaries

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by SourGrapes
, wouldn't this be considered anarchy?

Or revolutionaries

Well, I guess it's all perspective isn't it? (Such as the Iraq situation)

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I just went over 1000 points! (With this thread, so thought I'd post the 'kudos me' here!
)

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ok. I am afraid that all these speculations about this government taking away ALL our liberty will come to pass. It surely looks like they're working at national ID cards, looking at the Internet, etc. The things we dare talk about here are NOT very far-fetched. Its very depressing to hear this news on a daily basis. I already lived in a dictatorship. Everything this country is doing right now is suspect.
The people who think this government is wonderful and stand behind everything it does dont know what could happen or how bad it is to have ALL your freedoms taken away.
This is all very sad, to think that the greatest nation on earth, would stand for and back all this up.

People, do whatever it takes to be free.
Many other nations have been victims of terrorism, and though its a horrible crime, have not resorted to Patriot Acts to take freedoms away from everyone or alter peoples way of life.

sad, sad.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I will probably be put in prison or a concentration camp because I'd unknowingly break some new law. I would'nt be very accepting of a "police state" here in the u.s. I also get extremely angry when I think my rights are being violated. So I'd probably give someone in "charge" a piece of my mind...and it's off to jail I go!
While in jail or concentration camp I'd be constantly plotting how to
escape.

And when I did, I'd try to find the pockets of resistance that hopefully will be in this country somewhere.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I just think that when we are born, they already make you a part of the society wheter you like or not...

They give you a nationality, social number...you have to follow every rules and still you are a child...they put stuff in your head to make you conform to society then when growing up, you mind is set up to work, pay bills, and continue to live for society

What can we do about it? Absolutely nothing..what is freedom today, I don't know

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Elaine, i feel better knowing we'd end up in camp together.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If everything was sooooo nice and perfect, there would not be people like us wondering what the hell is goin on and what the point of living if it all comes to "follow the mass and shut up"

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yep. They'd let us out maybe just to shut us up??

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think in todays life, unlike in the past were you would fight for something you thought was right..

examples..

Unions, protests about the veitnam war, equal rights, and so on..

Today I dont think people would go into a mass protest unless they got rid off football, beer, and or pizza shops stopped ordering delivering pizza's
(btw thats a quote from someone but i cant remember who.)

I think most of the american socity is worried about who is screwing who in hollywood, and what the next big reality tv show will be..

So I think f the things happen the way they do I dont think much will be done about it..

But then again we still have militant groups all over the US so I do think there will be some type of fighting, but hopefully it will be enough to show that there is a problem and have others wake up from whatever hole they are in..

But the way.. speaking of protests.. according to NYC mayor its a privledge to Protest not a right...

so they are throwing it in our faces that we are losing our rights and nobody is doing anything about it...

[edit on 4-12-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You know oddly enough my mother once told me something that applies, I believe to this thread. She said that people will not do anything or change until their fear of the future/change of the status quo becomes overridden by the fear of today. I think this is absolutely true most people wouldn�t fight it until it came literally knocking on their doors... Its the common, "oh but that wont happen to me." misconception that is so prevalent in our society. And by that time, I am afraid it may be too little, to late.

Look at it this way, if you hit some one over the head with a frying pan they are going to notice. If you slowly poison them, upping the dosage until that funny taste becomes familiar, gospel as the status quo, by the time you notice something�s wrong you are beyond help. So if all these things come to pass I would expect it in that form rather than the frying pan.

Then what do you have, a bunch of people all of the sudden looking around going, hey wait a minute when did all this happen?
I don�t remember agreeing to this... ahhh and off to the concentration camps we/they go shaking their heads with blank faces.

The moral Deny Ignorance!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Tusayen, i like how you think. Its a slow poison, alright.

I know that not everyone thinks like me, but i'm baffled by the ones who refuse under any circumstance to see what is really happening. You dont have to wear a foil hat to see whats going on.If it doesnt happen, good. I'll be the first one to say i was wrong.

Someone said it best when they said all we care about is "will our pizza be delivered on time" kinda thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It has always been my opinion that if people cannot question their own beliefs then they don't truly believe... I am all for the skeptic but if you dont consider even the remotest possiblitity that there might be game afoot then ... well I stand with my original cocept you are being poisoned slowly but surly with propaganda.

But back to the matter at hand how would I personally react? it is really hard to say I would like to be able to honestly say oh yeah I would fight to the death. But the fact of the matter is I cant say where I will be when this all comes down... kids, family... would I fight for them hell yes... would I die for them yes... but would I let them die for the cause...??? No I couldn't... wouldn't... so I would and I think all of us would end up walking a fine line between protecting what we love and fighting for what is right. In the end too many innocent people will die. And I hope to God that this never happens

but we have to be aware of the possibility... nothing is impossible, just improbable. I say prepare for every thing you can. dont bank on it but be aware...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's so disturbing nowadays, all people care about is their creature comforts and everything.

But I find the world scary. I keep thinking of this scenario:

You're at a carnival. Everyone is having an absolute blast. Right in the middle of it you're threatened. You're being tied up, because you're going to be taken away. No one else notices because they're having too much fun.

Things seem to be fun on the surface, but underneath the surface, all is not well at all. I see things from a different viewpoint now. All the entertainment, the fun things to do, how society perceives things--it's all just an illusion, a sham, a facade.

As much as I love the illusion, I realize that I have to deal with reality, and it's just scary.

new topics

top topics

join