It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gene that cancer can't live without: A discovery may have just cured all cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

I would rather be the big pharma company who says "cure" but in reality the drug will cause other issues, like weakening the immune system, which creates more dependency. And let's be honest here: "when someone else develops the drug" I guarantee you whoever develops a so-called "cure" or at least a vaccine (which is what this is actually, it does not cure cancer), they will not be able to monopolize on it.

It's ignorant to assume that something as viral (pun intended) as a "cure for cancer" would not be immediately investigated by those (TPTB) who have a vested interest in keeping people sick.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Every illness gets cured, and a new one is born to continue the greed of the industry. Even big Pharma knows they need to produce results eventually. Cure cancer and invent a new illness to keep the money rolling in.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
It always amazes me what humans are capable of...that being said, cancer is too big of a business for big pharma. One way or another, unfortunately this will probably never go anywhere beyond this forum. Oh, and as a vaccine for the very rich and powerful. I hope I am wrong, but we all saw what happened with Dr. Burzynski

Yes, he eventually got to do FDA approved trials. Burzynski is proof that discoveries can't be silenced as some of you suggest. I do believe that the government treated him unfairly, and had been hopeful for his treatment, unfortunately that hope has waned.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Hope is eternal but a cure for cancer cannot be found by the researchers.

Focus on righteous conduct - the five pillars - non-violence, truthfulness, no stealing, no accumulation of wealth and no prostitution. This is the way to health.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A very dear friend of mine is currently battleing Sarcoma, and it does not look good at all. So this thread is hitting home for me in a major way. Of course I can't share this with his family and give them nothing but false hope since there needs to be further research before a drug is developed. The mortality rate is terrible being that the cancer is so rare, but nobody thought he would make it this far, except me. I told him to use every ounce of positivity he can muster up to try to beat this. His name is Chris Ciampi... Love you brother

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughthound

Sorry for the suffering that your friend is going through. I will say a prayer for him

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thank you so much, your prayers, thoughts, your light... I truly appreciate you reaching out, Thank You So Much!!!a reply to: adjensen

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Could you imagine this scenario?

Big pharma decides to let this get out there, people who don't already have cancer will no longer be at risk, and people who have it, their's will no longer spread. They get the public spotlight, everyone loves the pharmaceutical company now that they proved they aren't a piece of trash, just after money, right? Well, an ebola epidemic starts, (MSM has been building up to this moment for a while now) now a large percentage of the world is becoming infected with ebola, and there is an antidote that doesn't quite cure you, but take one dose a day and you can keep all your symptoms away and live a normal life.

Think about it, they can wipe out their bad reputation in a heart beat plastering "CURE FOR CANCER" all over the news, everywhere, and then under the table they are just replacing their profits from the cancer pharmaceuticals with the new ebola antidote.

I don't see why they wouldn't take this route, cancer isn't contagious, lucky for us, but ebola is, which means a lot more people could potentially get it, and a lot more people would require treatment. This could be extremely bad for us. I don't doubt this will be played off in some way. Something bad is coming. There is so much going on right now I won't even be surprised when it does.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Erich94

I can completely get behind that. Something is coming for sure.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
I'm all for it, but unfortunately it will never see the light of day. Big Pharma and others make way too much money off of people sick with cancer. Sad but true.

You are 100% correct. Readers around the world spread this story far and wide because it will one day stand as evidence as these drug company executives face trail for crimes against humanity. The stories will get out and these scum bags will face trails all across the world.

If these drugs executives had any sense they will do the right thing and maybe all the past crimes will be forgotten. The truth about this will spread and all past wrong doings will come to light as they all throw each other under the bus.
edit on 9-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: thesmokingman
It always amazes me what humans are capable of...that being said, cancer is too big of a business for big pharma. One way or another, unfortunately this will probably never go anywhere beyond this forum. Oh, and as a vaccine for the very rich and powerful. I hope I am wrong, but we all saw what happened with Dr. Burzynski

Yes, he eventually got to do FDA approved trials. Burzynski is proof that discoveries can't be silenced as some of you suggest. I do believe that the government treated him unfairly, and had been hopeful for his treatment, unfortunately that hope has waned.

Burzynski's a fraud.
Always has been.
He can show not one shred of evidence that his essence of tramp's urine has prolonged the life or cured anyone of any cancer anywhere.
He flaunts the FDA drug trial rules by applying to perform trials, recruiting a few victims, sorry, patients, then never completing these trials.
Just have a search on the US clinical trials website to see how many are listed by him and how many have been completed and the results submitted.
Zero have been submitted by the way.

If he was this miracle the gullible people tell us he is why hasn't he completed the trials?
Surely if his therapy was so successful it would make him a multi-billionaire overnight?

But no, he's happy fleecing desperate people of hundreds of thousands of dollars for unproven and ineffective treatment.
The people who champion him are as complicit in this hucksterism as he is.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm all for it, but unfortunately it will never see the light of day. Big Pharma and others make way too much money off of people sick with cancer. Sad but true.

Which is why they will attempt to make a drug for this, patent it, and/or make it unavailable outside the one source.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I've had cancer twice, so this is exciting news to me. Let me tell you that it's a scary experience, and let me also tell you that if you're smoking cigarettes, you need to STOP RIGHT NOW. The evidence is overwhelming that smoking leads to cancer, so unless you enjoy having medical instruments shoved in every orifice you have and think you'll enjoy chemotherapy, knock the smoking off.

As a baby boomer, I have long believed that many of the problems of my and successive generations come from food additives. The post WW II generations are the first to consume these chemicals in almost everything we eat. I believe the effects are showing up as ADD, autism, bipolar disorder, and other widespread health problems.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Agree 100% because if cancer were to be cured tomorrow the next day the economy would start contracting due to huge layoffs in most every major city on the planet, ie. most every major city has a huge cancer research centre, plus research centers in universities, research in private labs, etc.

Sure those researchers could would move on to new challenges..... ie man made pathogens to cull over-population.....

Yes, I'm jaded when it comes to big business.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Agree 100% because if cancer were to be cured tomorrow the next day the economy would start contracting due to huge layoffs in most every major city on the planet, ie. most every major city has a huge cancer research centre, plus research centers in universities, research in private labs, etc.

Sure those researchers could would move on to new challenges..... ie man made pathogens to cull over-population.....

Yes, I'm jaded when it comes to big business.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: turboneon
-- snip --
“Aluminum is not perceived, I believe, by the public as a dangerous metal. Therefore, we are in a much more comfortable wicket in terms of defending its presence in vaccines,” said Dr. John Clements, WHO vaccine advisor.

Notice he said that aluminum is “not perceived” by the public as a dangerous metal … he couldn’t say simply that aluminum is safe, because this would be a lie.""

Very revealing

Two things... (& I'm not intending to do anything to create thread drift)

Aluminum cookware is banned in some countries.

Cancer is a lucrative means of thinning the herd in slow motion. If those already wanting to reduce world population by the hundreds of thousands allow a cure for cancer then something will become necessary to take its place.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I hope us living in Europe might get this free

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigPharmaShill
a reply to: poweref

adjensen's daughter here, also known as BigPharmaShill. poweref, you're totes right, I am basically the mafia. The University of Minnesota is very well known for keeping the masses down with it's millions of dollars spent on research. Because, you know, what the heck else are you supposed to do with money.

There was a paper published in Nature about stimulus-triggered acquisition of pluripotency, which concerned the pH of stem cells, including cancer cells. It was a huge revelation in the scientific community, until it was retracted due to falsified data (www.nature.com...#/News-Features). Soo, you can argue that pH causes cancer, but honestly everything causes cancer. Living causes cancer.

www.nature.com...

READ MORE RESEARCH MORE. Cancer is super complicated, so if you want to really understand it READ MORE AND RESEARCH MORE before you say anything.

The amount of money and effort put into finding the cure for something is like what, 15 Trillion Dollars so far? Likely a lot higher.

Naw, no chance in the world the best disease ever that takes out huge swathes of humans could be helped along and made sure that no one can find out EXACTLY what is going on.

Ya, because Science is totally on the level dude, and no one is brainwashed into systems they cannot even SEE that change the ways they look at data, at well, HELL.

Any lab in the world could find ANY cures for ALL THINGS, in about a year if allowed to, unless you are telling me we are the stupidest creation in the Galaxy, oh WAIT, that is what the religions are for!!

Time to rid you not from the World, but from all memory of existence------>LOOKING RIGHT AT THE CANCERS!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hi All. Just new to this website but thought would contribute to this thread as I have some expertise (a Ph.D in Cell biology). Your title is fairly that cancer cells cannot live without the DNA ligase III gene - this may or may not be true but what is certainly true is that the gene most probably cannot be knocked-out as it serves vital purposes in other healthy cells. DNA ligase III is essential in the maintenance of our mitochondria (the energy producing factories if you like) of our cells. If you knock it out or block its expression it would be lethal (Simsek et al 2011). So at best this discover will lead to insights into cancel cell biology but no imminent cure I am afraid.
edit on 10-8-2014 by RangerRich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RangerRich

Thanks for your input, Rich.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join