It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC news crew threatened with arrest for filming a FEMA camp??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
PINAC!!!!
Photography is not a crime, when on public property and private with permission.
It is good this happened to an "accredited" journalist as this has been an issue for awhile now.
I hope to see the corrections officers fired for violating these peoples rights.
I do not believe the facility to be a FEMA camp however.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I can dig this view as well. Maybe that is all it is, however I still wonder about LT. Dornes comment about being up here for different purposes. If the prison was active I could see the concern about potentially adding to the camp walk away name, however that is not the case.

I mean I guess if it is standard operating procedure to have to "clear it with Albanay" before filming in the area they would have addressed that in the days before when they were there filming the reenactment.
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmThursday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: smurfy

Are you refering to this in Magnum's post?

The part where the lieutenant said your up here for other reasons got me.

Could be that he was suggesting the news crew was there to catch some big-name celebrity on camera. I don't know. That statement could mean many different things.

Therefore also Irrelevant, like the dicky thing about pictures of the prison, (closed in July) used for potential escapees, when there are no escapees available, but while there are plenty of pictures available already of the low security prison. Actually it looks like Butlins,

www.google.co.uk... 5253A%25252F%25252Fkackad.com%25252Fkackad%25252F%25253Fauthor%2525253D3335&source=iu&usg=__Q3Bedxj91LS8NpqLxwHMmDXQW-Q%3D&sa=X&ei=gBrkU5PXEKb4yQO_6oD QAw&ved=0CDIQ9QEwBw&biw=1024&bih=670#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=7DU3MU8EmMgNyM%253A%3BhlaTGn3M1m6_7M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fkackad.com%252Fkackad%252Fwp-con tent%252Fuploads%252F2013%

I'll add to that, take a picture of General Grants home, Meh! take a picture of the prison as well.

edit on 7-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Nice try..

www.recordernews.com...

In addition to Amsterdam, the movie has also been shot at the former Mount McGregor Correctional Facility in Wilton.
Chase said filming at the correctional facility helped prepare him to play an ex-convict. Chase, who plays a deputy sheriff on the show "Longmire," said he does not normally portray disturbed characters.

Kill For Me on IMDB

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: MrSpad

There job is to observe and report, to block the entrance then yield when other cars comes tells you they had no real authority. Again impersonating a police officer is a felony and they have the whole thing on tape.

This is not normal and they need to get a film crew up to that prison and film whats really going on there. You could tell the Real cop was questioning why he needed to take there film, apparently they had no legal reason to take there film.

Well now nobody would care the movie is done filming, the guards have been replaced by rent a cops, and the place is being divided up between park land and private developers.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So this is what it looks like to see the community of Above Top Secret respond to something close to you.

Hmm...

I live in Saratoga Springs, NY. Actually, I reside in Ballston Spa, but Saratoga is where all the work and play is. Wilton is directly adjacent to Saratoga Springs and is the main commercial area of Saratoga. People who are in Wilton tell everyone they live in Saratoga. Might as well, because we're all centered here.

It's nice to be able to get a baseline for how people respond to things like this. It's also interesting to be able to actually say that you're all a little nutty.

News Channel 13 was supposedly going to attempt to film the cottage where President Ulysses S. Grant spent his last days. The cottage just happens to be right next to the prison.

There were no prisoners in the prison except any that might have been helping to close down the facilities.

There was a film company also filming inside the prison at that very moment. They claim the film company is a small indie firm, but I don't know the facts there.

But no permission was received for News Channel 13 before they went to film. Of course, they considered they should not need permission if they were simply going to be filming property which is legal for the public to film, i.e. - Grant's Cottage.

The officer who dealt with the news crew is his own man. As well, when dealing with reporters who are known for being determined in getting their jobs done, I imagine this man may have felt the need to be more aggressive.

The fact remains that the prison itself should not have been seen in any of the shots at all. The crew should have been filming the cottage and that is it.

Therefore, the most reasonable conclusion is that the crew noticed there was something interesting happening and chose to attempt to get footage which they should not have done.

If you want to get all theoretical, let's at least do this intelligently. There is always the possibility that News Channel 13 wanted to find a way to purchase the public's approval. There are many reasons as to why this would be an intelligent method. Firstly, it makes News Channel 13 look like the martyrs of real investigation, making them to appear as if they do not report as they are told to report. This would segregate them in the public's eye from being manipulated by any governmental organization. Or, this could simply be a way for them to gain a ratings boost in general. These are just a couple of the reasons why this could work.

However, the reporter in charge of this particular investigation has been working with News Channel 13 for many years and has been to the prison before. Actually, the very same reporter reported on the building of the very same prison at its very inception. Therefore, he may have simply felt comfortable enough to take some footage, or at the very least, to be in the area freely. Therefore, I think the whole conspiracy theory thing is a little off.

However, if you must know, and maybe also if it is still a viable theory, there are many from this area who considered that possibly the prison was being refit to be able to retain the illegals which are coming in. They imply that this prison may be converted into housing for the mass migration of illegal immigrants.

Some of the people who mentioned this theory seemed to be those who were relatively eloquent and they dominated the approval of most of the people who interacted with the comments on News Channel 13's page.

All of this stuff is easy to find for yourselves. It was extremely easy for me because I live here.

But you should most definitely do your research before possessing a thought. Do research well before you manifest your thoughts into the tangible format. In this manner you will partially mask the vast ignorance which we all possess with our extremely limited minds.

Good evening, ATS.

- Tarzan

P.S. - I do recognize the couple who know a little of what they're talking about. That's nice to see.
edit on 8/7/2014 by TarzanBeta because: From = For, extra note

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
So this is what it looks like to see the community of Above Top Secret respond to something close to you.

Hmm...

I live in Saratoga Springs, NY. Actually, I reside in Ballston Spa, but Saratoga is where all the work and play is. Wilton is directly adjacent to Saratoga Springs and is the main commercial area of Saratoga. People who are in Wilton tell everyone they live in Saratoga. Might as well, because we're all centered here.

It's nice to be able to get a baseline for how people respond to things like this. It's also interesting to be able to actually say that you're all a little nutty.
However, the reporter in charge of this particular investigation has been working with News Channel 13 for many years and has been to the prison before. Actually, the very same reporter reported on the building of the very same prison at its very inception.

- Tarzan

Do you mean this beautiful place, owned by MLI up to around 1945. To add, built for their employees around 1913 and still looks much the same.

Am I mad, or is this a time when some if not all people really cared about everything?
edit on 7-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Thank you for your well informed reply!

The purpose of ATS is to bring together people to discuss potential conspiracies if I am to understand it correctly. As I stated in the OP I was wondering as to what others on ATS thought of this one.

Being from there you have a better understanding of the news channel itself, as well as what is going on with the filming.

You are correct to an extent in that I could have researched this a bit more before posting here, however that is the point of ATS, I could never have found your personal view as someone from the area without doing so.

Even at that though it seems that people are questioning what is going on directly in that area, I suppose it is in the sense of immigration concerns, seems plausible enough.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

When the story first broke, smurfy, it was incredibly easy to find out how News Channel 13 covered the conversion and expansion of the prison. Now, because the search engines are saturated with this story, it seems difficult to find a proper link for you.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's my understanding that members of the press do not "need permission" to film anything. They are the eyes and ears for the public. Once it's deemed the press "need permission", well the republic is gone and we're something else.

Taking a stab here, but I submit that the film crew inside the prison were not a movie crew but were actually there to produce some propaganda to be used at a later date. This of course could not be caught on another film or it would be rendered useless. That's my conspiracy theory

edit on 18425Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I love to see people discussing.

I am annoyed when people feel the need to make random and pointless statements which are generally hypothetical without any good foundation whatsoever. But I do laugh if someone says something really funny. People should at least do that.

I would like to point out that I highly doubt immigration is a topic which should have any weight in this particular matter. I am more inclined to believe that this is another mechanism designed as leverage for those who are politically motivated. I personally am not very fond of politically motivated individuals for one way or another. I am an individual who enjoys discerning this muddled reality without blind bias. I would rather judge with good wisdom.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

That is a very naive, technologically, and legally uninformed position. But this is the United States of America after all.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

That is a very naive, technologically, and legally uninformed position. But this is the United States of America after all.
Please enlighten me with you technologically and legally informed brilliance.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Here take a gander at this and let me know how it doesn't apply. Link

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
It is illegal to film in and around prisons. That has been a long-standing law, because that is how escape attempts get planned. Now this place was just recently closed, but what are the plans for it? Will it will be reopened? Apparently it earned itself the nickname "Camp Walk Away" from the high number of breakouts. Guess that might be why the CO's are still edgy, even after it was just closed.

Who knows maybe they turned it into a blackops rendition site.

It may be law regarding filming at a correctional center but why would they fuss about filming from Grants Cottage?..maybee there are no filming signs?
Well I found the visitor info page and no mention of filming or picture taking.
www.grantcottage.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing regading the already on site film crew.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Technologically, the filming of the prison can be done from any place. Did you see the officer fighting off satellites?

Legally, the news crew is not allowed. Lawfully, I might agree with you. However, just because something is lawful, it does not mean that it is the proper thing to do at a particular moment in time. There are crazy people out there who can't wait to get their hands on celebrities. There are also crazy people out there who want an opportunity to kill certain people. There are also crazy people out there who just want to find a way to dance in front of any camera available. And crazy people do much worse things than these. However, legally the news crew was supposed to obtain permission from the Department of Corrections in order to be able to film any aspect of that prison. The reason should be clear for the technologically and the legally informed: It is entirely possible that News Channel 13's van was stolen. It is entirely possible that the crew are not the people, in reality, that they claim to represent. It should also be noted that the film crew inside the prison, regardless of what kind of film crew you think they were, had a right to the footage they were shooting/enacting/re-enacting.

I warn you now, and may you learn for future reference: Not everything that people do could, neither should those things be, construed as "conspiracy"; particularly in the sense of the term which is used here most regularly at ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They were allowed to film the cottage. Not the prison. That's the point.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Please look at bullet number 2 and bullet number 6 at your link.

For the entertainment of those who liked your post for some unknown reason, here is bullet number 2 from your link:

When you are on private property, the property owner may set rules about the taking of photographs. If you disobey the property owner's rules, they can order you off their property (and have you arrested for trespassing if you do not comply).

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Technologically, the filming of the prison can be done from any place. Did you see the officer fighting off satellites?

Legally, the news crew is not allowed. Lawfully, I might agree with you. However, just because something is lawful, it does not mean that it is the proper thing to do at a particular moment in time. There are crazy people out there who can't wait to get their hands on celebrities. There are also crazy people out there who want an opportunity to kill certain people. There are also crazy people out there who just want to find a way to dance in front of any camera available. And crazy people do much worse things than these. However, legally the news crew was supposed to obtain permission from the Department of Corrections in order to be able to film any aspect of that prison. The reason should be clear for the technologically and the legally informed: It is entirely possible that News Channel 13's van was stolen. It is entirely possible that the crew are not the people, in reality, that they claim to represent. It should also be noted that the film crew inside the prison, regardless of what kind of film crew you think they were, had a right to the footage they were shooting/enacting/re-enacting.

I warn you now, and may you learn for future reference: Not everything that people do could, neither should those things be, construed as "conspiracy"; particularly in the sense of the term which is used here most regularly at ATS.
It's clear you really have no clue what you're talking about so I'll move on.
edit on 20251Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join