It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists and militants planned cynical terrorist attack at Aeroflot civil aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

During the investigation of Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 downing the law enforcement and intelligence bodies established that terrorists and militants have cynically planned the terrorist attack at Aeroflot civil aircraft, AFL-2074 Moscow-Larnaca, which was flying over the territory of Ukraine at that moment. Hereof informed the Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Mr. Valentyn Nalyvaichenko during the briefing today.

He underlined – the crime was planned as a ground for bringing of Russian troops into Ukraine, that is – CASUS BELLI for the Russian military invasion.

Terrorists and militants planned cynical terrorist attack at Aeroflot civil aircraft

There's as much presumption in this press release from eth SSU as there is in most such propaganda from both sides in this sad affair - for example -

The terrorists (most of them are not locals, but the Russian mercenaries) misrecognized the namesake villages and moved the other way, the SSU Head said. The odd route of the ‘Buk’ missile system on the territory of Ukraine proves that fact.

No - the alleged odd route of the Buk system doesn't prove any such thing!

An intent to cause a very public False Flag is something that is always of interest here on ATS, and certainly something that I think no-one would put past the Russians.

However I also am mindful that the radar on the Buk TELAR does not have the systems to identify civil flight numbers - those functions are in the command system which would then "hand off" tracking of a target to the TELAR - so the presumption is probably false.

ETA - I guess they could have used FR24 to identify a flight & correlated that to what they had on their TELAR radar.....
edit on 7-8-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Horribly sorry, but I have to ask:

WTH is a cynical terrorist attack? I keep trying to wrap my head around that.....

Is that like a sarcastic terrorist attack?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Horribly sorry, but I have to ask:

WTH is a cynical terrorist attack? I keep trying to wrap my head around that.....

Is that like a sarcastic terrorist attack?

I actually think it was more of a sardonic attack, but that is just me.

Not sure I buy the story.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
99.9 percent of terrorist threats in America are self induced. If it wasn't funded by federal agents setting up and facilitating the operation through disillusioned immigrants then it was allowed to happen by those same federal agencies.

Terrorism is real in some sense but not the way they would have you believe and the threat is far less than most may think. The biggest threat is our own government funding terrorism. Our government is the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the entire world.
edit on 9-8-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Hmm...

99.9% of rapes are self-induced. 99.9% of murders are self-induced. 99.9% of burglaries are self-induced. 99.9% of assaults are self-induced.

See where I am going here?

That! was a cynical terrorist attack...I think I am getting it now!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Is it "cynical" you don't understand??

Google's define function gives a couple of meanings, of which I think this one aplies:

"concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted standards in order to achieve them."

In this instance the allegation is that a false flag would be created by shooting down a Russian airliner - thus killing Russians - the cynicism being, I believe, that the attitude would be "the benefit to us outweighs the death to them" or similar.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

First...you recognize humor when you see it, right? Even bad humor?

Third, the example given as relates to your chosen definition of cynical seems a really poor one.....That is such a stretch as to be... worthy of the 7th inning.

Merriam Webster:

cyn·i·cal adjective \ˈsi-ni-kəl\
: believing that people are generally selfish and dishonest

: selfish and dishonest in a way that shows no concern about treating other people fairly

Full Definition of CYNICAL

: captious, peevish
: having or showing the attitude or temper of a cynic: as
a : contemptuously distrustful of human nature and motives
b : based on or reflecting a belief that human conduct is motivated primarily by self-interest
— cyn·i·cal·ly adverb
See cynical defined for English-language learners »
See cynical defined for kids »
Examples of CYNICAL

Cynical people say there is no such thing as true love.
People are so cynical nowadays.
She's become more cynical in her old age.
Some people regard the governor's visit to the hospital as a cynical attempt to win votes.
… if more and more people out there are willing to kill themselves in order to kill us, we've got to give the poor and cynical of the world something positive to believe in. —Robert Reich, Prospect, February 2003

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Of course I do - and I often find the easiest way to denigrate bad humour is to give a straight reply

:p

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

dang it man! That's not how you play the game!!

Really.. I am indignant now....even my indignance is indignant.

lol Okie dokie!

*sings "she'll be comin around the mountain" in Eeyore's voice*

top topics

join