It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many deaths by ISIS will it take before action is taken?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: pavil

That is truth, but remember that taking over the oil fields and destroying them will cause an international crisis that will call for "intervention", Isis look to me that they have been promised that they can to take control of Iraq as long as they don't mess around with the Oil fields.

This needs more scrutiny, because one of the things that an invading force will do is to take over the resources of the country they are conquering, remember the US did that in Iraq.

They already have taken control of the oil supply in some areas. They are smuggling it out to surrounding countries, including Syria and Turkey, to either sell or have refined.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ISIS could potentially topple Iran, or at least cause a lot of turmoil, without the west having to lift a finger. So they are being left alone. I can't think of another reason why we have not crushed this lunatic outfit already...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ISIS is simply hitting where its enemies are not prepared. While southern Iraq the Iraqi army and the Shia miltias are preparing a large scale offensive ISIS has been launching spoiler attacks against its other enemies so that they can not back door them while the are trying to fight a slow retreat in the South. None of these gains will last long and in some cases with the terrirory they took from Assad has been mostly retaken and they have retreated out of Arsal after a ceasefire with the Lebanese Army. Even the Kurds have already taken back a city. However in all these cases these attacks will delay any chance of the Kurds, Assad, or the FSA of launching any real offensives at the same time Iraq does.

ISIS holds interior lines against a group of enemies that do not coordinate their operations together. Basic military doctrine tells you this is a strong position to be in and many out numbered and out gunned forces have used it in the past. it will not save ISIS but, it will make their defeat much longer and painful. When Iraq launches its new offensive it is going to be large and heavily supported. ISIS is going to have trade territory and inflict as much damange as they can on the Iraqis so they have to stop and regroup. With that time ISIS and rush to its other borders and hit everybody else again to keep them off balance and unable to coordinate an offensive.

Their is more that sufficiet force to deal with ISIS. That nobody will work together is part of the problem. Adding US or Western troops to that would turn the entire thing on its head with some of the people fighting ISIS changing sides and ISIS being handed the golden recruiting tool.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Breaking News!

American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

nytimes.com...

DOHUK, Iraq — American military forces bombed at least two targets in northern Iraq on Thursday night to rout Islamist insurgents who have trapped tens of thousands of religious minorities in Kurdish areas, Kurdish officials said. Word of the bombings, reported on Kurdish television from the city of Erbil, came as President Obama was preparing to make a statement in Washington.

Thy will be done!

I support these bombing.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Is not enough for interruption of oil supplies, they are no stupid, they don't want to create enough turmoil in order to get more attention than they already have from the international community.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Atzil321

No a chance, Isis is an Iraq "thing", Iran borders are very well control, Isis is not organized to take a country like Iran. Just remember that Isis didn't started to get a name on their own and a reputation on their own until our president withdraw forces from Iraq and released terrorist from Guantanamo.

Isis is the new Al-Qaida, but somebody is watching over them and getting protection.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Get Turkey further on board with allowing a nominally independent Kurdish state, then sell them weapons... I still have no doubt if there were equal weapons involved and the kurds believe they have a chance to finally have an independent state, they will stomp a mud hole in ISIS.

What is Letting ISIS do so much is the technology they have right now, either from being sold to them or all the abandoned equipment left behind by the Iraqi forces when they were routed.. Armored Humvee is going to beat a pickup truck with a belt fed weapon in it 10 times out of 10.

Least that's my opinion... that and a couple bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

We in no way shape or form should put extra boots back on the ground.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Irishhaf because: last thought

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Just Another " False Beard " of the Freakin C.I.A. . Crocodile Tears for Pure FICTION . Spare Us of this Nonsense , DENY IGNORANCE !

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Damnit... I dunno what to believe anymore.

Pentagon Denies Report US Is Bombing ISIS Targets In Iraq

www.businessinsider.com...

The Pentagon moved swiftly to shoot down a New York Times report Thursday afternoon that American military forces had bombed at least two places in northern Iraq targeting fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS).

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Do these silly fools running this horror show think we are stupid?

The way ISIS is treated with such kid gloves…
Its clear it is somebody’s intelligence asset: Turkey, the US, Israel, NATO, the British, or a combination of all of these or some of these.

These people are ruthless, sinister, wicked people, who for some dastard geopolitical reasons are standing by and watching another genocide taking place.

Obama is likely taking orders

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
I hear humanitarian aid starting,,

amen

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

oddly enough, I heard one of the talking heads accuse Putin today.
Saying he suspected he was behind it.

edit on 063131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Strange how the Israeli crises calmed down and then the next day this crisis just happened to unfold as if scripted to our attention capacity…mmm

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
This is not new news, I have been starting topics on the subject for months, the msm has just latched on to it.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

oddly enough, I heard one of the talking heads accuse Putin today.
Saying he suspected he was behind it.

And the Kurds were blaming Assad because his forces and ISIS were avoiding fighting each other while they teamed up on the Free Syrian Army. Then of course just recently ISIS launched a bit of raid against Assads forces to keep them off balance and from not thinking of making a move when the Iraqi advance begins.
edit on 7-8-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Sad to say but all we need to do is look at a history book to figure that one out.

China/Manchuria 1931-1941. No one know how many millions were killed by the Japanese but where was the west?

Cambodia 1975 (right after Vietnam War) killing fields. We leave the AO and 1.3 million folks get killed. The US does not lift a finger.

Rwanda 1994. 500,000 to a 1,000,000 people get hacked to death. The UN cannot decide the if it fits the definition of a genocide.

Iraq 1988. Iraqi regime gases Kurds, 10,000-15,000 causalities. The US does not care until 1991 when their oil fields are threatened.

Obviously human suffering even on biblical scales are not motivation enough. That is why I always question intervention on any scale. Cui Bono?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why did we even get involved in Iraqs business. Many more lives have been lost there than would have been lost under Saddam. We weakened their forces and now they are being overrun by radical people.

Its true.... it would seem that living under dictatorship is as close to peace they could ever achieve!

Sad really.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Aye, it is.

President approves mission to drop humanitarian aid in Iraq

www.foxnews.com...

President Obama has approved a mission to to drop humanitarian aid in Iraq for the 40,000 or so religious minorities stranded on a mountaintop in the country's north after Islamic militants forced them to flee, senior U.S. officials told Fox News Thursday night. However, the officials said the air drops had not yet begun.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: pavilTo some extent, I have to point a finger at our Military for doing such a crappy job training the Iraqi Army.

No. There are many studies about attempts to train soldiers in the middle east. There are cultural issues so deeply embedded that they are generally considered impossible to train to any reasonable degree - certainly not to a level that would be expected from a modern military.

It's not a matter of intelligence or motivation of the recruits or the capability of the trainers, it's a significantly different cultural approach than runs from the private all the way up to the top of the command chain.

You cant train stupit, the troops believe god will do this god will do that, and they refuse to learn from "non belivers "

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I cant help but think if Christians were doing this to Muslims Obama would of mobilized everything including the boy scouts to defend his people

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join