It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Meeting: Live Stream On Ebola. Must Watch!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Former director of FDA stated "The CDC currently reports 1711 cases, 932 deaths. We believe this to be 25-50% of the [reality.]"

Dude just stated that Sawyer and another person went to an isolation facility where a man was in quarantine and laughed about it and said there was no worry, refused gloves and tried to get in. 4 days before his death.

Said that "Not one millimeter of your skin can be exposed or you will get sick and die, that's kind of the reality."

Saudi person traveled from Sierra Leone then died of confirmed hemorraghic fever.

He's saying that established, educated medical officials and scientists who are currently denying the disease need a greater understanding, that it is about to tear through Nigeria in the next 3 weeks and they are already preparing a hospital 260 miles away.

He said that there is only one aircraft in the world with an isolation unit registered at BSL-4. "Unless the DOD has something I'm not aware of." He said this shows we do not have the ability to safely bring back any of the medical personnel planning on heading to West Africa.
edit on 7-8-2014 by JG1993 because: Misquoted first part.

edit on 8/8/2014 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Nothing coming up

Never mind it's working..good looks
edit on 7-8-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

He's calling Ebola a "threat to national security".

Other terms he mentioned:

"Apocalyptic".

"Death toll in numbers we cant imagine".

This is the big one. This is the scare they've been waiting for, manufactured or not.

Coupled with Obama's edited version of Bush's EO, they will use this scare as an excuse to round you up if thats their intention.

If you havent stocked up on food, water, first aid kits, etc., now is the time.

edit on 7-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Liberia sounds as though they are screwed with some estimation of 10 of thousands of people contracting as reported by the speakers...this sounds pretty dire so far..

One of the issues that the hospitals are running into is that the outbreak is also jumping from staff to staff in those hospitals or health centers..

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Well it is an issue of national security if it jumps borders...I don't see anything wrong with that statement..he's putting a finer point on the situation should it get worse...

4:26 and the meeting is wrapped up.
edit on 7-8-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's about time someone in a position of government takes it seriously.

I'm surprised they're broadcasting this over web. It seems to me like it contradicts the "don't worry about it" mentality they've been preaching.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

He's calling Ebola a "threat to national security".

This is the big one. This is the scare they've been waiting for, manufactured or not.

Coupled with Obama's edited version of Bush's EO, they will use this scare as an excuse to round you up if thats their intention.

Whats wrong with this guy?

You missed the part where 6 other people denied the fact that anything was wrong and for every question "They'd have to check and get back." This man is not the political puppet. Neither is the black doctor.

Neither of them are fear mongering.

They are stating clear, factual evidence and projections. These are our friends- some of the few doctors stating the reality of the situation.

This isn't a threat to national security but jews and palestinians and russians and ukranians are an immediate threat to you and I, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mapkar

It's about time someone in a position of government takes it seriously.

I'm surprised they're broadcasting this over web. It seems to me like it contradicts the "don't worry about it" mentality they've been preaching.

Not the previous panel- full of "no it's okay. no we have to check on that. i don't know i have to check on that."

The current panel of 2 doctors though, precisely. I can't find a transcript of this meeting or but please help me look!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Apparently I missed this interview. If I am understanding the comments correctly this guy from the CDC said that people indeed need to be worried about this outbreak. I really don't like the comment about if you have 1mm of skin exposed to the virus that you will surely become infected.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I can't see this right now, but if what you are recounting is true, about damned time for some candor about this situation.

edit on 7-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I missed it, and can't find anything relevant on youtube. Does anyone have a link to this footage online?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We need to have a full transcript of this in order to share this information. SO many people in the US are still in the office etc. Interesting comments about the aircraft... is he implying the aircraft used to transport Brantley / Whitebol IS the only one able to or that it IS NOT the one that is able to?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NEB0168
We need to have a full transcript of this in order to share this information. SO many people in the US are still in the office etc. Interesting comments about the aircraft... is he implying the aircraft used to transport Brantley / Whitebol IS the only one able to or that it IS NOT the one that is able to?

His comment was in regards to motivating other personnel to go over and help the situation, stating that he only knows of 1 plane capable of bringing you back home to America, should you get sick. He then commented saying it might be tough, if you're a doctor, to want to go to Africa knowing that you may very well die to the infection with no reliable way back should the worst occur.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
The current panel of 2 doctors though, precisely. I can't find a transcript of this meeting or but please help me look!!

This is all I can find at the moment. It is directly from CSPAN's website and includes the entire video as well as the closed captioning 'transcript'. I would wager a better transcript will show up soon and can be posted here.

CSPAN video of hearing and CC transcript

As for the last 2 people to appear before the committee. Ken Isaacs (whom gladtobehere asked about) is not a Dr. He is a staff member of Samaritan's Purse, the charitable organization run by Rev. Billy Graham's son, Franklin and for whom Nancy Writebol works. Here is the list of their Board of Directors: Samaritan's Purse Board of Directors, showing that he is the VP of Program and Government Relations but does not designate him as a doctor. The other gentleman however, was a medical Dr.
edit on 7-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Added info

edit on 7-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Zazz in the other thread posted the link.

www.c-span.org.../hearing-ebola-outbreak-africa

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: clenz

Thanks for clearing that up clenz - I am going to check out the link before further contribution so I understand what I'm talking about

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Zazz in the other thread posted the link.

www.c-span.org.../hearing-ebola-outbreak-africa

It seems the two "no bs" speakers, Dr. Glover and Mr. Issacs begin around 1:45.

edit on 7-8-2014 by NEB0168 because: Issacs isn't a DR.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyMindIsMyOwn

originally posted by: JG1993

This is all I can find at the moment. It is directly from CSPAN's website and includes the entire video (with the first 4 folks) as well as the closed captioning 'transcript'. I would wager a better transcript will show up soon and can be posted here.

CSPAN video of hearing and CC transcript

As for the last 2 people to appear before the committee. Ken Isaacs (whom gladtobehere asked about) is not a Dr. He is a staff member of Samaritan's Purse, the charitable organization run by Rev. Billy Graham's son, Franklin and for whom Nancy Writebol works. Here is the list of their Board of Directors: Samaritan's Purse Board of Directors, showing that he is the VP of Program and Government Relations but does not designate him as a doctor. The other gentleman however, was a medical Dr.

You the man. Before seeing this I placed 3 phone calls to Bloomberg and got a hold of their 3rd party transcripting company, lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NEB0168

Watching now.

ETA:his comments are amazing starting at 1:50.

edit on 7-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
~1:45 for Isaacs and what I quoted in OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join