It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Retaliation? Wife Of Man Who Filmed NYPD Chokehold Arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: HandyDandy

Let's see, I am a police officer and people make untrue nasty comments about myself and my career every damn day. Look no further then this site if youneed proof.

Does that give me the right to beat the Hell out of someone?

Perhaps nobody was arrested in the other situations you mention because the parties involved declined to press charges.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Let's see, I am a police officer and people make untrue nasty comments about myself and my career every damn day. Look no further then this site if youneed proof.

Does that give me the right to beat the Hell out of someone?

Do I really need to post the umpteen times that a police officer HAS done just that and gotten nothing but a paid vacation out of it?

In this video a young man is sitting in his car when he tells the police officer asking him questions to “shut up.” What happens next is a cookie cutter case of power trip brutality caused by the cop escalating violence to unneeded levels. The man was not resisting in the least, yet this cop proceeds to pummel him with his night stick and then pepper sprays him.

It is unclear what exactly caused the cop to detain this individual but it is not at all unclear as to who escalated the situation to violence.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Last January, Kyle Howell was pulled over by Nassau County police in New York and pulled out his phone to record the stop, only to get threatened with violence if he dared do it again.

Last month, he was pulled over again by the same officer, boldly pulling out his phone to record the stop despite the previous threat – only for the cop and another cop to make good on the threat by viciously beating him in a violent rage.

The cops prevented him from recording the arrest, enabling them to conjure a story that they were the ones attacked in a “violent struggle” that sent them to the hospital for treatment, justifying felony charges against the 20-year-old man who had only been pulled over for a cracked windshield.

But then a surveillance video emerged showing that the cops were the aggressors. And now his family is planning on suing.

photographyisnotacrime.com...

Perhaps nobody was arrested in the other situations you mention because the parties involved declined to press charges.

Or perhaps they were rich, white, and famous?

edit on 8-8-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Were those incidents involving me? No they weren't.

Do you judge other groups and/or races by the actions of some of them?

Last time I checked police officers are humans. It is due to that factor that some will be good and some will not.

Regardless there is clear evidence of this upstanding citizen beating another person. But if you choose to continue to think this is some kind of of nefarious plot please don't let me get in the way.

You don't like me because I am police officer. If I had a nickel for every person that judged and hated me without knowing me I would be rich.

Good day.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Were those incidents involving me? No they weren't.

Whether they involved you or not, it is clear that those "officers" did the same as the "upstanding citizen" that you keep calling her. And didn't even get a slap on the wrist because no one can press charges against a cop.

Do you judge other groups and/or races by the actions of some of them?

Where am I judging? I provided PROOF.

Last time I checked police officers are humans. It is due to that factor that some will be good and some will not.

Last time I checked, humans are humans too. But, we don't get the benefit of the doubt like some of our "heroes" do.

Regardless there is clear evidence of this upstanding citizen beating another person. But if you choose to continue to think this is some kind of of nefarious plot please don't let me get in the way.

And there is clear evidence of police officers beating people unlawfully too. Her battering someone is not in question. Whether she and her husband are being targeted is. And if they are, I'd be pissed off too.

You don't like me because I am police officer.

Paranoid much? I don't even know you to make that call. Fun fact: My brother is a police officer. Do you really think I hate ALL cops? Really?

If I had a nickel for every person that judged and hated me without knowing me I would be rich.

If I had a nickle for every cop who saw me as "not part of the club" I'd be even richer.

Good day.

Same to you. I know I will because I don't go around thinking everyone hates me cause I spend my life being a tax collector for the state.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yes there is clear evidence of a number of police officers committing attrocities. Just like there is evidence of some military, teachers, fire fighters, lawyers, counselors, priests, business owners, mothers, fathers etc. that have committed crimes and were not punished.

What that has to do with this women assaulting another person I have no idea.

As far you not judging and not hating all cops I have read some of your posts which contained clearly obvious ad homenim attacks against law enforcement in general that makes me think otherwise.

My personal favorite was where in a thread you responded to a person and said, "you must be a cop because you can't read."

Yeah no blanket bashing there. Thanks for giving me a reason to be "paranoid."

Perhaps you should show your brother whom you claim is a police officer some of your childish responses on this site. I am sure he would very much appreciate the insults.

I guess it doesn't really matter though since you only see him as a tax collector.

edit on 8-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

So, it's OK to judge me without knowing me personally....but whine when it comes to you?

I guess you missed the post about 3-4 months ago where I stated and I quote: "Thank you for your service".

But, you know what...I'm done talking to paranoid cops...they are not all there.....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Perhaps you should show your brother whom you claim is a police officer some of your childish responses on this site. I am sure he would very much appreciate the insults.

Actually...he agrees with me. He agrees that LEOs should be held accountable for what they do....not like it is now. You can thank THAT policy for you being paranoid. Not my attitude towards corrupt cops. And yes...the reason I have this attitude is because the corrupt cops make my brother's job 100xs harder. But...go ahead and keep whining about how we "hate" you. And do NOTHING to stop it.

And for the record, my brother goes after the real criminals. You know...murderers and rapists. He's NOT a "tax collector" like 95% of LEOs. Sorry that this fact hurts your Ego but it is what it is....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I agree that LEO's should be held accountable. Please show me were I said that I don't believe they should be held accountable.

As a matter of fact you can scan through my posts and see where I have stated numerous times that I support harsher punishment for officers that commit crimes.

See corrupt cops make my job harder too. That is why I have no problem speaking out against one that is.

The fact of the matter is this thread spiraled into accusations that the police were setting up this women and of course the ad hominem attacks followed (not saying you did even though you have before).

When I posted the video everyone stopped but you and I.

You were the one that initially derailed the thread by bringing up incidents involving police. This thread was not about that. This was about the women either being set up or not.

You continued by insulting me. Calling me just a tax collector. I never insulted you by calling you some kind of name.

I also wonder how your brother would feel about you insinuating that someone must be a cop because they can't read though.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

My whole point was that if I was being harassed by the police (yes...it is quite possible that the man was targeted by the police and then she was targeted at the store) I'd be pissed enough to throw a couple punches too.

You keep calling her an "upstanding citizen" yet I showed you that many "upstanding citizens" ...i.e. police, astronauts, and congressman, have and do the same thing yet get a slap on the wrist for it.

You are the one who came in complaining that I hate all cops when I stated I'd be pissed too if targeted.

And...sorry but most cops ARE just tax collectors. Again...I'm sorry that that fact hurts your feelings. But it's true. How many tickets did you write yesterday?

edit on 9-8-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A good way to solve this is to set up an independent department that could recieve these videos and had the powers to investigate them and recomend that police officers be stood down or charged if appropriate. It should be illegal to not allow citizens to film police offices or to confiscate films or phones etc as this is what is called hiding or destroying evidence. In most countries it is an offence to destroy evidence of a crime even if it is being committed by a police officer. In some cases a little leeway needs to go the officers way as some criminals are very dangerous and decietful interviduals however that does not include unprovoked violence for someone not answering questions. someone filming, or even someone giving a bit of backchat.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Qspeedyrock

Let's apply some logic here..

The man who was filming was 22, his wife 30. When the 22yr old was caught with a gun he was arrested with an 18yr old woman...obv 22yr old was banging some hood rat, 30yr old wife sees this via arrest news coverage, confronts 18yr old and beats her, 30yr old is arrested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join