It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Retaliation? Wife Of Man Who Filmed NYPD Chokehold Arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
NYPD Retaliation? Wife Of Man Who Filmed NYPD Chokehold Arrested

The wife of the man who recorded video of New York Police Department officers performing a fatal chokehold has been arrested on assault charges.

Chrissie Ortiz, 30, allegedly struck a woman outside a Staten Island grocery in New York Tuesday after the two got into an argument. She faces a misdemeanor assault charge, the Staten Island Advance reports.

Ortiz's arrest comes just days after her husband, 22-year-old Ramsey Orta, was arrested on gun possession charges.

While being taken into custody, Orta told arresting officers, "You're just mad because I filmed your boy."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Something just doesn't sit well with this whole thing. For the guy who recorded the event and his wife to both be arrested days apart reeks of a message from the NYPD: "Don't mess with us or else!" If they're both guilty, then they're guilty. It's just too much of a coincidence for me to believe we're getting the real story here.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Coincidence or not, if you're from NYC, these types are too common.
Filming that death and then going on TV about it really wasn't the best idea for this kid.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

If you think coincidences like this can't happen, take a second to watch the video I posted.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's not coincidence that two violent thug criminals hooked up. It's e-harmony!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I never implied that the coincidence isn't possible, he just wasn't the type of person to bring that sort of attention onto himself.

edit on 7-8-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The guy arrested on gun charges?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Filming that death and then going on TV about it really wasn't the best idea for this kid.

With that statement, I feel like we're living in a dictatorship rather than a democracy! If people can't film the police in public and choose to submit it for public review, you have to ask yourself what has our country become? This is beginning to look like a police state with all the spying being done on American citizens, the over use of force and the retaliation of police.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

You definitely missed my point.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

It absolutely was!
Why do you think the police would retaliate in that way?
Because being filmed scares the crap out of them.

Film them, dont let these bully tactics stop you! If they're frightened of being filmed it means filming has consequences for them!

Wear your camera with pride

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder who the woman allegedly attacked, is the woman who was attacked affiliated with the NYTD?
(NYTD new York thug department)
Maybe even an informant or friend of the officer who committed the murder?
I would simply not live in such an Orwellian state or place where I had no control over my environment.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
I wonder who the woman allegedly attacked, is the woman who was attacked affiliated with the NYTD?
(NYTD new York thug department)
Maybe even an informant or friend of the officer who committed the murder?
I would simply not live in such an Orwellian state or place where I had no control over my environment.

That is exactly what immediately crossed my mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
maybe it is time for someone to set up a reward system for catching dirty cops on camera ,they could make a tv show out of it and all proceeds go to victims of police brutality

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

It's just too much of a coincidence for me to believe we're getting the real story here.

Why is that? Do you believe the NYPD somehow coerced the woman into punching someone while they were around? I'm sure there are better examples of police malfeasance than this? This looks perfectly normal.

V

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
maybe it is time for someone to set up a reward system for catching dirty cops on camera ,they could make a tv show out of it and all proceeds go to victims of police brutality

This is kind of already on youtube minus the rewards.
Now trying to get this on national mainstream media will never work though.
Copblock is an online advocacy group that has just recently made the news however, twice about 2 weeks ago trying to frame the people as "cop haters" and general scum.
Personally I trust criminal gangs better than I trust cops, at least the gangs do not lie and try to represent themselves as something they are not.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Or instead of some nefarious conspiracy the women actually struck another person and that person pressed charges which subsequently resulted in her arrest.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Looks like there is video of this fine upstanding citizen committing the assault.

But please don't let me derail the inevitable cop bashing.
edit on 8-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Let's see....

Your husband just got arrested as possible payback for filming cops. Yes...he is innocent until PROVEN guilty.....

You are shopping and someone makes a nasty comment about said video....... Probably a badge bunny........

I'd be pissed too.

Questions.....

Why wasn't the astronaut that punched the guy who said he didn't go to the moon arrested? It was on film too.....

Why wasn't the senator (or congressman) who assaulted a reporter and threatened to "throw him off the balcony" arrested? It was on film too.....

Not saying violence is the answer but I'm saying I'd be a little pissed too if all this crap was happening to me just because I got a cop and his buddies into trouble......

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

This is how America could be restored.
By people willing to stand up and say the truth and condemn wrongdoing no matter who it is. Sacrifice of self is sometimes necessary. It definitely was for our original Americans

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Antipathy17

he just wasn't the type of person to bring that sort of attention onto himself.

And you made this assessment based on what?
Do you know him personally?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Payback for the the video, is obvious for the man, but the wife did that on her own. Seems to me that the guy who filmed the death, brought the attention of the police onto himself. Giving all they need to arrest and scare the hell out of him. Illegal weapons charge, is pretty serious. But the Wife, now that was just stupid, and she got herself into trouble. You dont just go around knocking out teeth, because of what someone said about your husband.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join