It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accusations of Anti-Semitism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I was hoping to hear from staff on this, the actual offense is bannable but being falsely accused of said bannable offense is not. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers but the accusations have being noticeably ramping up in the last few weeks as criticism of Israel has been getting stronger.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
criticism of Israel is not a criticism of Jews

Israel, is defined as: The Jewish state of Israel.

So critizising the Jewish sate, is critizising jews.

A nation is not a religion. People can criticize Israel and in no way is it antisemitic. Also what about the Jews who say Israel shouldn't exist are they antisemitic?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thought i would throw in something for you to chew on.

It seems to me that the term anti-Semitic has morphed it's meaning over time and the way it is used, as words often do.
It now seems to mean someone whom is disliked by Jews or Israel ( usually for pointing out wrong doing, misdeeds or general criticism ).

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There ARE anti-jewish/Israel people on this site...and I'm shocked. Seriously!!! I never understood a "hatred" for Jewish people or Israel. At least not on the level I've seen here. While I don't "support" Israel's decisions on everything...I know they are making tough decisions. I don't hate anyone just because they belong to a group or country (well...terrorists excluded). But you can simply read any Israel thread and easily identify those who hate...as opposed those who disagree. Apparently...from what I've seen, black, gay, political, illegal, etc. hate is a small blip on the radar compared to the anger toward Israel here on ATS.

Don't believe it? Open a thread titled "I Support Israel" (or something on those lines) and watch it flow in. You will see very few disagreements and more anger.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I am purely speaking about members that accuse others of being anti-Semitic for speaking out against Israels actions and it is happening a lot lately. There is nothing anti-Jewish about speaking out about what is happening in Gaza at the moment, I see certain members resorting to it when they have no logical comeback for an argument. Wether you like it or not there is a lot of people around the globe not happy with what is going on and when the false accusations of anti-semitism are thrown out it feels like a cheap shot/low blow.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
most of those threads you have at least one member that says thing along the lines of "there is a lot of Jew bashing going on here" or "there you go posting your anti-Jew views again", why is this behavior allowed?

You have my full support. Its the truth. I was thinking in that issue even this morning, when was driving my car.

The question you raise is very pertinent.
The accusations are unfair and almost 100% of them lacks of any evidence, only based on opinion but not on facts. if you ask for proof normally they bash you again, or run or derail the subject.

Thanks for sharing your pertinent thought.
edit on 9/8/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
no concept semitism no its opposite , there zionism and fighters with zionofascism it antifascists

(post by Ironclad2000 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Qspeedyrock removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Many people don't seem to understand terms _and_ their definitions. "Semite" has been hijacked from its original meaning, and has somehow evolved (propaganda?) to solely mean anti-jewish/zionist.

Meanwhile, the official definition of Semite is the following:

Full Definition of SEMITE
1)

a : a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs
b : a descendant of these peoples

2) a member of a modern people speaking a Semitic language

So by the official definition of the "semite" term, those who are "anti-semite" (a misnomer) are technically against the Hebrews (Jews), Arabs, Akkadians, and the Phoenicians.

Calling someone anti-semite is the equivalent of saying they are against the Jews and Arabs in general, which makes no sense in the current conflict, unless you are actually against the whole thing and don't take sides.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

Ashkenazi Jews make up 90% of Jews worldwide therefore 90% of them cannot make claims of somebody being anti-Semitic since they are not Semitic.

As for those living in Israel, there is actually NO proof that they are in anyway related to the biblical Israelites that Moses lead out of Egypt.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join