It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accusations of Anti-Semitism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I find this whole thread discussion about trying to stop people from being called out for anti-semitic posts to be very anti-semitic.

How about the liberal use of the "Racist" card?

If someone made this same thread begging to not call racist remarks for what they are, it would die a quick death.

The terms [anti-this or that], racist, or other hate speech can be over used but to make them taboo allows them to happen easier, plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

But Zionism (as we've discussed) is the formation of the State of Israel.

If you are anti-Zionist, doesn't that make you someone who doesn't want Israel to be a nation state?

Formation of one state on another man's soil. That's not right.

I am an anti-Zionist but since i don't like violence and we can't ship Jews somewhere else because that is their home now i would like to see a political solution for this problem. (I believe many share my views, even if we are anti doesn't mean we want war and exodus)

A sovereign Palestine next to the State of Israel and big walls of china between them.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Happened to me the other day SoSo...
Never even said the words Jew, Judaism or Hebrew...

I don't understand the rationale of people who reach for that excuse almost instantly because they can't argue against what we've said...

But then it shows who has the true agenda on the board...

Peace SoSo!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: beezzer
And? I don't believe Israel should be allowed to be a state. I think that place should be called something else and all the borders opened. It should be a place for all holy people or religious people since it is considered as ground zero for that. Why should only the Jews control it, build walls and keep everyone else out? The government of Israel is a key problem in all of this.

I like your thinking. Open borders are as effective as walls of china.

Someday maybe

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The terms [anti-this or that], racist, or other hate speech can be over used but to make them taboo allows them to happen easier, plain and simple.

No Tinfoil it wouldn't!!!

You see as the OP stated if someone is truly anti-semetic they'll be banned instantly...
You already know this...

So why, are you advocating the use of slander???

Peace!!!
edit on 7-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Missed an important comma!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Happened to me the other day SoSo...
Never even said the words Jew, Judaism or Hebrew...

I don't understand the rationale of people who reach for that excuse almost instantly because they can't argue against what we've said...

But then it shows who has the true agenda on the board...

Peace SoSo!!!

I seen it, it is posts like that I was referring to but don't feel too alone there is loads more....
edit on 7-8-2014 by sosobad because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
And? I don't believe Israel should be allowed to be a state. I think that place should be called something else and all the borders opened. It should be a place for all holy people or religious people since it is considered as ground zero for that. Why should only the Jews control it, build walls and keep everyone else out? The government of Israel is a key problem in all of this.

This where the debate enters a gray area, in my humble opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Well I'm also glad I'm not alone in noticing the fact that these accusations are flying about quite regularly!!!
And also you're not alone in wanting an Mod or Admin to explain to us at least why this is allowed to occur!!!

I'm not overly sensitive so it didn't bother me as such, but others will not be so accepting of the slanderous vitriol!!!

Peace again my friend!!!
edit on 7-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

But Zionism (as we've discussed) is the formation of the State of Israel.

Not to seem pedantic, but Zionism is the formation of a Jewish State of Israel...
So it's primarily for Jewish people!!!

It'd be hard for us to migrate there...
They could become citizens of our respective countries much easier!!!

I agree TSOI should exist... But it shouldn't be Jewish, it should be for all humans!!!

Peace Beezzer!!!

Their country, their rules. But you are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No doubt that's how the world works it just seems a little bit fascistic to have a religious State...
I'm a Muslim but I don't necessarily agree with Islamic States either, it should be secular(?) I believe the word is secular!
I live in England but wouldn't be too happy if it was a Christian's-First type of place!!!

And get out of my garden 😝

Peace Beezzer!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I find this whole thread discussion about trying to stop people from being called out for anti-semitic posts to be very anti-semitic.

I would appreciate you actually reading the OP, I am talking about the false accusations of anti-Semitism that people are accusing others of. It is not anti-semitic to speak out against what Israel is doing, but thanks for proving my original point.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

No Tinfoil it wouldn't!!!

You see as the OP stated if someone is truly anti-semetic they'll be banned instantly...
You already know this...

So why are you advocating the use of slander???

Peace!!!

I see people calling US citizens and Israelis every hateful thing you can imagine on here all the time, what are you crying about? Do you want it to happen even more? The current vile tossed around here isn't enough for you?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Who's crying?
Don't be so childish!!!

I'd like all of it to stop, it's pathetic!!!

Do you want it to happen even more?

Had to read this a few times...
It makes me laugh aswell, cos it's exactly the same question I asked you, only different words & much more aggressive...
You need to chill out!!!

Peace Tinfoil!!!
edit on 7-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: 😂😂😂

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Speaking out against Israel is not anti-Semitic or Jew bashing.

No, but there is a long history of people doing just that. Israel is a stable prosperous democracy in the middle of a cess pool of countries that are the exact opposite. The Palestinians cannot win back Israel. Instead of facing the facts they have decided to have perpetual poverty and war. No country around them wants them in their country. If you want to blame someone blame the UN, blame the bible, blame the Germans. But facts are facts. Israel is not the bad actor here, they are in a terrible situation and doing what they have to do.

V

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable

Speaking out against Israel is not anti-Semitic or Jew bashing.

No, but there is a long history of people doing just that. Israel is a stable prosperous democracy in the middle of a cess pool of countries that are the exact opposite. The Palestinians cannot win back Israel. Instead of facing the facts they have decided to have perpetual poverty and war. No country around them wants them in their country. If you want to blame someone blame the UN, blame the bible, blame the Germans. But facts are facts. Israel is not the bad actor here, they are in a terrible situation and doing what they have to do.

V

Do you know what this thread is about? It is not about the Palestinians in any way, read the OP and don't pick the tiniest sentence out of it to turn this into something about the Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Anti Semitism is a funny thing, especially when it is in regards to the israeli murders of the Palestinian people.
It is akin to 2 black guys fighting, so you root for the guy on the left, then someone labels you a racist!
Both sides in this match are semites.
This fact alone should shut down the "anti semite" lie real quick.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
criticism of Israel is not a criticism of Jews

Israel, is defined as: The Jewish state of Israel.

So critizising the Jewish sate, is critizising jews.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

Speaking out against Israel is not anti-Semitic or Jew bashing

No, but there is a long history of people doing just that

I have read those two comments multiple times. What does the reply mean?

X does not equal Y, so you reply X does indeed equal Y. The intent of the OP (forgive me if I am wrong sosobad) is to demonstrate the cognitive space between distinct concepts and their labels. Do you contend there is no space between these labels?

Honestly, I do not know why I even replied to this. You called nations in the ME s*** (what else is in a cess pool?) except for Israel. You suggested blame needs to be placed on the UN, the Bible, and Germans(?????) for the Palestinians being unwelcome elsewhere besides where they live. And you got a lot of stars for this stellar deduction.

Scary...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Its desperation on the psywar front .. a pathetic try by israel and its supporters to get the world to accept genocide.. warcrimes and crimes against humanity that israel regularly commits with impunity.

They play the word game in desperation hoping that people are not educated enough to.
1. differentiate between the acts of a government and the acts of people.
2. A pathetic attempt to legitamise the zionists and guilt people into saying nothing about their crimes.
3.pathetic last ditch attempt for them to win an arguement.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don't worry about it a lot of people are just plain ignorant. If I say "I hope the Palestinians run ever American and European descended Jew out of Israel" that is not anti-Semitic because Palestinians are a Semitic people. So are Arabs, Maltese, as well as many other ethnic groups. People from Europe and America that descended from Jewish converts are not Semitic they are only Jewish. Kind of like me being born in America does not make me a Mohawk. reply to: sosobad

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join