It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: ‘Women are smarter than men’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

the later seems most likely.

sensationalism sells, it's just a damn shame that the right-wing has fallen to such a low that they rely on tabloid journalism.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Can't be that smart if they don't understand how a microphone works... I'm just being silly..

But it does remind of being in the school playground and hearing '' girls are better than boys '' .

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

But she is married to him, she most likely also was for those wars, don't you think?
If so how can she say such things?

And if she really got such hard feelings that every life is so precious then she should have spoken out against these wars.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Why? Why the division?

I mean, hell, we bicker enough on this site over stupid stuff.

But the 1st Lady has to be divisive as well?

Why can't it be women are as smart as men?

It's all or nothing,
rich vs poor
black vs white
women vs men

With this progressive bunch!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin

But she is married to him, she most likely also was for those wars, don't you think?
If so how can she say such things?

And if she really got such hard feelings that every life is so precious then she should have spoken out against these wars.

How do you know? Husband and wife don't have to agree on everything. It's pretty obvious that Barack and Michelle don't.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Michael Obama was born male so he/she is NO expert on intellegence research of any kind.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

C'mon Beez. You of all people know the value in humor. She wasn't trying to further divide people, she was trying to make em laugh....and they did.

Why can't we laugh at it and go on our way? This is a non-issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because when you married you support your other side in bad and good times. It's just very likely.
And again but sure maybe I'm wrong, maybe she spoken out against these wars in public? Just very very unlikely IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

C'mon Beez. You of all people know the value in humor. She wasn't trying to further divide people, she was trying to make em laugh....and they did.

Why can't we laugh at it and go on our way? This is a non-issue.

You and I can joke.

My plumber can joke.

The guy who works on my car can joke.

Sometimes people in high positions have a responsibility. Their words tend to carry more "gravitas" than others.

It is a sign of irresponsibility and a lack of decorum.

But I imagine you'd find it humerous if the president was sitting at his desk in the Oval Office and said," My fellow Americans. . . . pull my finger."

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

But I imagine you'd find it humerous if the president was sitting at his desk in the Oval Office and said," My fellow Americans. . . . pull my finger."

I'd laugh my ass off! I understand that these people are in important positions but we cannot expect them to be perfect robots. They're human. Why can't people simply be who they are as people regardless of their position in life?

I don't hold anyone in public office to a higher standard than the rest of us regular folk...because they are no better.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I'd laugh my ass off! I understand that these people are in important positions but we cannot expect them to be perfect robots. They're human. Why can't people simply be who they are as people regardless of their position in life?

I don't hold anyone in public office to a higher standard than the rest of us regular folk...because they are no better.

They are no better. But in real life, position demands a certain measure of decorum.

As an officer, I couldn't make light.
As an administrator, I couldn't just "cut up".

This is purely anecdotal. So I may judge behavior and position differently than others.

My opinion? her comment deserves criticism.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That might be the smartest thing she's ever said.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If woman are so much smarter, then why have they been our servants since the dawn of time?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Fair enough, Beez.

My opinion is that she was simply injecting a bit of humor in to an otherwise boring discussion. It worked, but now people are claiming she was engaging "in a battle of the sexes".

Please. We have better things to talk about.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
If woman are so much smarter, then why have they been our servants since the dawn of time?

They make you "think" they are so you will unwittingly do their bidding.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
But I thought she was a man? Michael?
Being a first lady, she shouldn't be saying things like this. WTF is it with these two that they constantly try and divide people????????? Michael being a member of Jeremiah Wrights church for many years, I'd like to hear what she thinks about white people and Americans. Remember the video showing where she said: "all this for a damn flag"?? There's something not right with the Obamas. But luckily, they're on their way out.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Does your wife/ gf think that she is your servant?
Or is this only a statement you make online and to your buddies.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

“We can’t waste the spotlight. Time is short. Change is needed. And women are smarter than men,” Obama said during the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit to a laughing audience, according to White House Press Pool reports.

(Emphasis added)

This is the kind of subtle line that's put out into the public mind with a subconscious intent. Getting people to think a change is needed, but what kind of change? Possibly one that puts a woman in the White House? Could she be trying to get people comfortable with the idea of a woman taking charge in anticipation for Hillary Clinton 2016?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

“We can’t waste the spotlight. Time is short. Change is needed. And women are smarter than men,” Obama said during the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit to a laughing audience, according to White House Press Pool reports.

(Emphasis added)

This is the kind of subtle line that's put out into the public mind with a subconscious intent. Getting people to think a change is needed, but what kind of change? Possibly one that puts a woman in the White House? Could she be trying to get people comfortable with the idea of a woman taking charge in anticipation for Hillary Clinton 2016?

That's a VERY good observation! I never thought about that.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
with comments like this I tend to replace the word "women" with the word "whites and the word "men" with the word "blacks"

"whites are smarter than blacks"

Does that sound racist to you? it does to me.

So why are we inconsistant, either it is okay to crack a joke that some races are superior or its wrong to joke about a particular gender being inferior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join