learn more

Michelle Obama: ‘Women are smarter than men’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Michelle Obama: ‘Women are smarter than men’

First Lady Michelle Obama engaged in a battle of the sexes Wednesday, claiming that women are more intelligent than their male counterparts.

“We can’t waste the spotlight. Time is short. Change is needed. And women are smarter than men,” Obama said during the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit to a laughing audience, according to White House Press Pool reports.

She continued, “And the men can’t complain because they are outnumbered today.”

www.politico.com...

Umm... I ain't touchin' this one! No sir, no way! My wife cooks my dinner and knows where I sleep!

edit on 7-8-2014 by LrdRedhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

ahah well just the fact that she said that publicly doesn't really help the statement

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
She must be the men in her marriage.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk

Umm... I ain't touchin' this one! No sir, no way! My wife cooks my dinner and knows where I sleep!

Perhaps a smart move LrdRedhawk

1 would say we ALL* possess levels of intelligence, but maybe the knowledge exposure first with women and second with men has some form of influence...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well, considering they way she has been running the country, I would have to disagree that women can do any better.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
She was just injecting some levity into an otherwise boring speech. She wasn't affirming it.

Besides, the depths of stupidity knows no gender - both Michelle and Barack plumb it with equal skill.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
All, man or woman is fully capable of reaching the highest levels of wisdom. The issue is most of us men just can't stop thinking with our dick.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

She was trying to be humorous. Why are we even talking about this?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

There are different measures of intelligence. IMO, girls and women are smarter in a number of ways, not to mention tougher.

They had to be that way to survive.

Massive, serial, trial and error beats engineering every time.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I know right!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My momma always said there is a grain of truth to what people say in jest, see it all the time.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk

First Lady Michelle Obama engaged in a battle of the sexes Wednesday, claiming that women are more intelligent than their male counterparts.

Wishful thinking remains as such even when it comes out of First Lady's mouth.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

because people like to whine about perceived slights/injustices

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well seeing how our country has been ran into the ground by mostly men I guess I won't argue her point.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Laura Bush; And that all Human life is valued, all human life is valued and that's really the most important thing we can do, that every life is precious.

Uhmm okay, nice to have a husband starting those wars in the middle east causing so many human suffering and so many deaths.

I have a feeling throwing up with those words coming from her mouth.. she must be dead silent really.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
She looks like a man.

Look at the size of those arms, I wouldn't argue with her.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

First lady Michelle Obama engaged in a battle of the sexes Wednesday, claiming that women are more intelligent than their male counterparts.

It is this sort of outright disingenuous journalism that I can't stand. She makes an attempt to be humorous and some nutbag calls it a "battle of the sexes".

Do some people have no sense of humor...or are they that partisan?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
She must have said the following at the same place:

"I tease my kids," Michelle Obama said at a White House event on women's empowerment with Laura Bush. "I tell them I want them to use Instagram to take a picture of something really important rather than their food... I mean, no one really cares what you had for lunch." The audience laughed.

Is she really that mean-spirited or insensitive or does she just know the scandal that would erupt if her daughters actually did post pics of what they're being fed at their exclusive private schools?

Also, she clearly has not met my husband or she wouldn't be claiming that women are smarter than men. He and I are very well matched, and I believe that his IQ measures out a tick or two higher than mine.
edit on 7-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

I actually have a lot of respect for Laura Bush. She put in a lot of hard work to push education and children's programs when she was First Lady. Can't blame her for the actions her husband took.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join