It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Biggest System of Belief in this World?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DelayedChristmas

The most pervasive belief system in the world today is evolution, nothing else comes close. Some form of it, rather it be pantheistic or secular in nature is in all of the most well known religions minus Bible Christianity.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The fact is EVERYONE believes in faith in "their" Belief System" religion.It is the nature of mankind to "believe.

BELIEF is the religion of ALL mankind.

No one has escaped it even if they "believe" they have because belief is inevitable no matter what you do or think it is based in "your Belief System".Religion-religion is just part of a persons Belief System" sometimes the core others times not .. in varying degrees. Welcome to the human race..kindly leave your "religion" at the door.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Well...
I have to trust what one is saying to me is true.
Essentially you have to believe the words that are spoken....
When you look at it from that point of view.
It would make it a belief system, yes.

And as I gave a star to another....
Without language....Faith, Science or any agenda can not exist.

My avatar is just goofy...and truthfully I can't grow a good mustache....lol

Sadly I will never be a good anchorman or used car salesman.

You are trusting in the idea being expressed, not in the language. Language is just a set of symbols to express an idea (not the idea itself). At least for us our language is just a set of symbols that represent a sound, those sounds being mixed represent an idea. That does not happen with hebrew, in where every letter has a meaning not just a sound.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It would have to be money of course. We are made to "believe" it has some sort of real value and people want it.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"The way I look at it -> "

The way it actually is -

Survival= Eliminate DelayedChristmas,

...for playing games with our minds, enjoy Christmas early, destroy DelayChristmas now!
There is no Santa only Jimmy rustling with us Destroy DelayCHristmas NOW before it propagates and takes over the planet

This is similar to me saying I saw myself riding my bike on the Suns surface. Just because I state it doesn't mean I hold it to be a belief.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Try to explain to me the definition of a word without using any other words. I say this because if you define a term using other words, you have to define the words that are used to define that term. And then you have to define the words that are used to define the words that are used to define the original term. Repeat and cycle.

Bottom line: words and their definitions are just the products of an opinion of an individual that an aggregate of people agree upon, and by implication, disseminate truth (whatever "truth" really means).

The Coming of WIsdom with TIme by WIlliam Butler Yeats
Though leaves are many, the root is one;
Through all the lying days of my youth
I swayed my leaves and flowers in the sun;
Now I may wither into the truth.

This is why numbers are infinite. This is why Pi is infinite.

edit on 9-8-2014 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join