It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit claims: On a “mission from God,” George W. planned to “take out” 7 countries in 5 ye

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well you have to read the lawsuit to see who she is, and she is not 'some random girl,' nor is she in San Francisco. She is an Iraqi war refugee living in Jordan, and the lawsuit is in that jurisdiction as that is where one of the named defendants (Rice) is based.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: RancorXXX

Gog and Magog in Islam are the United Kingdom and the USA. Bush was worried about himself.

I'm fairly certain those names are a christian thing, not an islamic thing. Secondly, why would anyone whom was islamic reference a christian holy book? I'm fairly certain those names weren't ever used in the islamic book.

Finally, Bush hasn't been president for years now, maybe it is time everyone stops playing the blame-game and pointing fingers. How can you ever expect to move forward in life if you're always stuck reliving the past?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I wish him luck though I'm pretty sure nothing will come of it.

World leaders are rarely held accountable for the genocide they've committed.

Though I understand the need to try and do something. They lied us into a war and are responsible for mass war crimes and crimes against humanity.

It is kind of frightening when you think about it. We had a President who was hearing voices telling him to go kill people... en masse.

Flashback: That Time George W. Bush Said ‘God Told Me’ to Attack Iraq.

I wonder if they'll subpoena General Wesley Clark:

edit on 7-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yeah this is not going to go anywhere.

The person in question lacks standing to take the action they are wanting. From the Domestic law side Congress authorized the use of military force against Iraq (and Afghanistan).

From an international law side - Problematic.

The International Criminal Court (which is not part of the UN but used by the UN) is a possibility however the US is not a signatory to the treaty. The ICC includes a legal term called universal jurisdiction. It allows a member nation to the ICC to claim jurisdiction in another country where crimes that violated the ICC charter occurred and only if the nation targeted fails to act on the complaint within a certain time period (a year I think). A country who is not a signatory can request the ICC to investigate. The ICC charter prohibits the use of the court against a non signatory nation.

The other issue would be the UN Charter (Chapter VII).

The other issue is how our Constitution works with regards to international treaties.

Also I thought any claims against the US government were required to be handled by the Federal DC court. If someone knows otherwise speak up.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It isn't a stupid lawsuit. It is time to bring these criminals to justice.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hard to imagine Obama or Clinton doing the same thing?

Didn't Obama actually continue on Bush's path helping to war with Libya and Syria? Two of the seven countries originally listed.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I know its just a movie, but didnt you watch "W"?
They explain this exact strategy and name every country.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't think it's too far fetched to imagine any recent president having ambitions like this.

However I must say, Bush was not the leader during his presidency. Cheney and Rumsfeld were, in hindsight especially that has become crystal clear.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Chirac indeed did the right thing. But I point to everyone to do some homework on who was pressuring Chirac not to get involved or to support the war on Iraq. It was none other than Putin himself. The Russian Federation was in a very unique place at the time with regard to influence on France. I was quite shocked by Russia's influence over Chirac's choice. How it went down exactly and why I am unsure of but Putin for whatever reasons he had whether self serving or for the better of all pushed France and Chirac to back away from the situation. It was quite historic really. It was played out like France sought Russia but it was in fact the other way around. There interests were shared equally of course. Chirac was the initial one to stick up to the US and Bush and try to push the UN in the right direction to prevent support for the war in Iraq.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 8-8-2014 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join