It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the Democrats who want to impeach Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I hate articles that don't post links to where they get their fundraising information.

According to current FEC data, here are the real TOTALS for the 2013-2014 campaign season. The DNC may be outraising the RNC, but that's only because more people are donating directly to their candidates and not groups.

Money raised for ALL Republican candidates running for House and Senate to date: $631.9 million
Money raised for ALL Democrat candidates running for House and Senate to date: $514.1 million

Good point, it also illustrates why the GOP wants to do away with the FEC and election IRS rules so they can funnel as much dark money as possible to candidates through PACs without naming sources. The Koch Brothers have vowed to contribute as much as $300 million just for the 2014 midterms elections. That's not going to come from them directly, but through a huge multitude to PACs and groups off the radar.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ferchrissakes REALLY?? I remember in the not so distant past Pre FOX news when one wanted to lie one would need to thread carefully and cover one's falsehood with sophisticated language and double speak or be embarrassed by a functioning media the result may have you ousted from politics in a walk of shame,now today post FOX news you can tell a lie so blatant that despite all the high tech recording devises available not only to media but to the average man you have folks actively celebrating an obvious lie..and what's worst they know it and DON'T CARE!! pls tell me is your hate for Obama really that visceral that anything said goes??

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RancorXXX
a reply to: Deetermined

That's not going to come from them directly, but through a huge multitude to PACs and groups off the radar.

It doesn't appear as though much is going through the PACs.

To date, PACs have only contributed $21.2 million to Republicans and $18.1 million to Democrats out of these totals. With November only three months away, I don't see that number going off the charts. Like I said before, more people are giving directly to their candidates and not committees, groups or PACs as you can tell by the fall off on donations to the PACs compared to past years.

www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 7-8-2014 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Again all of you are getting of topic with the money thing.

I taught PSY in college for a lot of years.

In forensic psychology we learned that when something important happens, and there are multiple (sides) witnesses that no one tells the truth.

You see all we think is true is filtered through our preconcieved ideas and ideals, and what others say to us can actually change what we remember as true.

The mainstream media is saying the Republicans want to impeach Obama, and there are some credible reasons for it. So they are telling the truth, but their blinders are on and they ignore anything that doesn't fit their narrative, and so what they say becomes both the truth and a lie.

The alternative media says the Dems are crying impeachment to get 1. money 2. the Republicans to shot themselves in the foot by actually doing it. They are telling the truth, but at the same time not the whole truth becasue they also ignore anything that doesn't fit their narrative, and so they are also both telling the truth and lying.

When there are two opposing viewpoints where each honestly believes they are telling the truth yet ignore contradictions, they are also unconciously lying.

So what we get from all media sources is truth mixed with lies. Just as in criminal cases - even eyewitness cases.

To find the truth one must look not at the truths but what lies between the truths.

What I see here is that the Democrats actually want the Republicans to impeach Obama to raise more funds and to kill the Republican party. I see the Republicans blindly ignoring what the Democrats are trying to do and are falling for their goading. Both truthful, both lying.

Where does the real truth lay? In my opinion, the Democrats want Obama impeached because he has tarnished the party so badly, but feel it would be political suicide to do it, so they are using the words of a few very low ranking Republicans to gin up the populace into believing only the Republicans want to impeach Obama. When in reality, they both do. That is as I see it the truth in the cracks.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: Flatfish

Yes but all the begging and pleading (by drumming the message that the Reps will do it)
for the Rep's to shoot themselves in the foot and impeach

there must be a subconscious wish for it to happen

Nowadays, pretty much every time a Republican, (especially a Tea Party Republican) opens their mouth, the stupid sh#t that comes out just awakens more Americans to the fact that the party has gone off the deep end and that those who currently represent it in Congress need to be replaced, ASAP.

As a Democrat who has voted Republican in the past, (but probably won't ever do so again in my lifetime) I can tell you that I am more than happy to sit back and watch the GOP shoot itself in the foot and it's not a subconscious wish either. It's pure entertainment!

Hell, as far as I can tell it's what they're best at! They sure as hell don't know how to legislate.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Both sides say really stupid things.

That has nothing to do with what I see as the Democrats trying hard to convince the Republicans to go ahead with impeachment. My conclusion hasn't changed. I think the Democrats actually want Obama impeached and are trying their best not to make it look that way or take the blame for something they really want to do.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Both sides say really stupid things.

That has nothing to do with what I see as the Democrats trying hard to convince the Republicans to go ahead with impeachment. My conclusion hasn't changed. I think the Democrats actually want Obama impeached and are trying their best not to make it look that way or take the blame for something they really want to do.

And that's because that's what you want to believe. Your conclusion has no basis whatsoever on facts or statements made by any Democrats. It's pure delusion.

Show me some video, any video, of a single Democrat in Congress who has called for or threatened to initiate impeachment proceedings against President Obama for any reason whatsoever. You can't, because it hasn't happened!

All they're doing is goading the GOP into making stupid mistakes which IMO, they seem to be pretty good at doing all on their own and without any encouragement whatsoever.

All they're saying to the GOP is "Go ahead, try to impeach the President, hold 7 or 8 more Benghazi hearings, sue the POTUS for overreach, etc., etc., etc., let's just see where this nutty assed behavior gets you come election time."
edit on 8-8-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What I am observing is school yard type behavior.

There is a bully in the school yard.

Some of the kids want to see the bully taken down (ie Democrats) but they won't say so for fear of getting pummeled by the bully.

So what do they do?

Find someone who has openly said, "I think we should get that bully"

So they say over and over, "You want to get that bully don't you, we know you do, don't you, we just know you do, come on everyone knows you do"

Until the person who said something (ie Republicans) feel they must act.

The Dems would be stupid to say what they are doing publicly, just think of the repercussions from someone who has the NSA,IRA,Homeland Security, TSA etc. at their beck and call who will do whatever the bully wants done with no matter how vile or illegal.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The claim that "It's the Democrats who want to impeach Obama" is a falsehood being spread by Fox News and the RW echo chamber. It was and is the GOP/TP threatening impeachment at every turn. The hypocrisy from them is over the use of executive orders, which has been the only way Obama has been able to keep the government functioning in the face of extreme GOP dysfunction and obstruction, but then they turn around and tell Obama to fix the border crisis with EO's because they can't figure it out or even stay in session long enough to hold a vote on it. Maybe after they get back from their 5 week vacation...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The claim that "It's the Democrats who want to impeach Obama" is a falsehood being spread by Fox News and the RW echo chamber. It was and is the GOP/TP threatening impeachment at every turn. The hypocrisy from them is over the use of executive orders, which has been the only way Obama has been able to keep the government functioning in the face of extreme GOP dysfunction and obstruction, but then they turn around and tell Obama to fix the border crisis with EO's because they can't figure it out or even stay in session long enough to hold a vote on it. Maybe after they get back from their 5 week vacation...

Actually I never heard Fox say "It's the Democrats who want to impeach Obama" or any RW at all, ever.

If they have, they got the idea from me, here on ATS, I was the first to say it that I now of. WOW, I started a meme!

Thanks for the info!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Fox News:
Krauthammer: Obama, Democrats trying to set impeachment trap for Republicans

Hotair:
Proof: Democrats are far more obsessed with impeaching Obama than Republicans

Rightwingnews:
Democrats want Obama impeached

You're a little late to the party!

FTR, if a Democrat talks about the Republicans who are in turn talking about impeaching Obama, that does not mean the Democrats want to impeach Obama.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Thanks for the info.

Guess great minds think alike

Appreciate the kudo

Wow, when I started the thread, everyone said it was my imagination and no one else was saying that it's the Democrats who really want Obama impeached.

I feel great! Thanks!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Like I said, it's the RW echo chamber. The Republican party is trying to backpedal from it's calls for impeachment and trying to flip the backlash onto Democrats. By setting up this "meme" and repeating it ad-nausea across in the media.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The Democrats are saying the two words "impeach Obama" so much more than the Republicans, a 20 to 1 ratio if you read ALL my other posts.

How can one not come to this conclusion?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The Democrats are saying the two words "impeach Obama" so much more than the Republicans, a 20 to 1 ratio if you read ALL my other posts.

How can one not come to this conclusion?

Maybe because it's nothing more than ludicrous speculation, that's why!

And to think that you taught psychology in college for a lot of years...
Now that's scary!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It's an interesting theory, but it has one big problem -- he will NEVER be impeached. It just ain't gonna happen. The Republicans know it, but they shout about it to fire up their base. The Dems know it, but they screech about it to fire up their base (and get lots more funding in the process).

It's just typical political banter that typically goes nowhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.
Guess great minds think alike
Appreciate the kudo
Wow, when I started the thread, everyone said it was my imagination and no one else was saying that it's the Democrats who really want Obama impeached.
I feel great! Thanks!!!

It really should be no surprise you all think the same thing if you are all devouring the Conservative Entertainment Complex echo chamber.

Just remember when watching Fox, listening to Limbaugh and reading WND......

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think the Democrats are realizing how dangerous it is to ride the Obama train and are reacting accordingly for political cover.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thinking for one's self and thinking outside the box is one of the things I stressed in my classes.

If a student said, my other Professor said ... and you say ... who is right? I'd always answer , the other Professor is right when you take his/her exam, I am right when you take my exam. But what college is about is to get you to think for yourself. You listen to both of us then you ponder and think and decide for yourself.

I always encouraged out of the box and between the lines thinking and NEVER to believe blindly anything that anyone says. When I taught Research Methods I stressed looking at how the researchers twisted the results to fit their hypothesis and to question, question, question, to think for yourself, and search for the truth.

When I said I never heard this "meme" before writing this post. I was telling the truth. I had not heard it from anyone else. However, it is quite interesting that others came to the same conclusion within a few days of when I did.

I was exercising out of the box thinking, searching between the lines for the truth.

Kaylaluv, yes it is banter that goes nowhere, that is part of the fun of out of the box thinking and speculating, but sometimes, well sometimes, it sparks and may light up some unconscious truth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join