It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the Democrats who want to impeach Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ok, I'll admit I read Drudge and WND and listen to talk radio. You and others will probably slam me for doing so,
Meh, who cares

On all of these venues they have been saying exactly what Beezer and Terry said.

I'll watch mainstream news, and read the papers, but they don't give the full picture of the pulse of what is really going on in America, need to check out all sides to get the truth.

I watch both sides as well and listen to ALOT of talk radio. That said I have no idea how the right falls for there propaganda. It's obvious propaganda. Take this situation.

How do you talk impeachment almost every day for years then pretend you've never said that? Lmao

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well, I'm fed up with everything in politics. I want to impeach the whole system. Does that count?

As my husband said to me the other day -- the whole system is broken. It's not what the founding fathers had in mind at all. They never envisioned the extent that greed would take over, with billions of dollars in lobbying - the super PACS - all of it has broken our system. Until we fix that, it doesn't matter whether we impeach a president or not. I'm just not sure it can be fixed at this point. Too much money involved - and no one in government wants to give that up.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm putting on the tinfoil hat for this one...

Impeachment proceedings against the first black president???

How well do you think that will go over with the "Urban" community that voted for him overwhelmingly?
Last I checked, whites are a minority in D.C. (among other large cities, Oakland, etc.)

I say go for it. I enjoy some chaos.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

How well do you think that will go over with the "Urban" community that voted for him overwhelmingly?
Last I checked, whites are a minority in D.C. (among other large cities, Oakland, etc.)

First off I loved order of the stick!!

The OP was weather republicans have been talking impeachment the whole time or if the dems created it to raise money.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Well, I'm fed up with everything in politics. I want to impeach the whole system. Does that count?

As my husband said to me the other day -- the whole system is broken. It's not what the founding fathers had in mind at all. They never envisioned the extent that greed would take over, with billions of dollars in lobbying - the super PACS - all of it has broken our system. Until we fix that, it doesn't matter whether we impeach a president or not. I'm just not sure it can be fixed at this point. Too much money involved - and no one in government wants to give that up.

You should get a whole crapload of stars!
You are right on the money with this post!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

A reply to your tin foil hat:

Ohhhhh, scarey...... the race card

Old tired cliche at best

The Republican leadership has made it clear they are not going to do it.

So why are the Dems still harping on it , hmmmmmmmmmm

edit on 7-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: added sentence

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Drudge, WND

If you don't check out every angle you will never learn the truth

The MSM has a definate spin

As does talk radio, etc

The truth lies in between, never on the face of what is said

The ABC,NBC,CBS,PBS are state-ist creations and run by CEO's with brothers, sisters, wives who work in the White House with huge salaries

The talk radio crowd gets news the MSM won't touch, sometimes wrong, but often enough right and the MSM has to eventually acknowledge it in a tiny way

My philosophy is to never criticize what I don't check out personally - no one tells the whole truth, everyone has an angle, can't trust any of them really, have to look between the cracks to find the truth

That's what I'm doing here, looking between the cracks

edit on 7-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: removed 2 words

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think Obama is ruining the reputation of democrats with some of the things he is doing. I could understand some of his fellow Democrats not wanting him in office. He has pushed things too far and now the congressmens important issues don't get passed because of Obama's conflicts with Republicans.

It is his bypassing normal procedures and enacting things without proper thought and agreement that is causing all of this.

We gave Obama a chance but I am glad he can't run next time, all he does is cover up the problems we have by piling money on top of it. We need someone to fix the problem before we turn into a third world country.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Ok, I'll admit I read Drudge and WND and listen to talk radio. You and others will probably slam me for doing so,
Meh, who cares

On all of these venues they have been saying exactly what Beezer and Terry said.

I'll watch mainstream news, and read the papers, but they don't give the full picture of the pulse of what is really going on in America, need to check out all sides to get the truth.

That's hardly surprising if you are all listening to/watching/reading the same Conservative Entertainment Complex.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Kinda an ugly way to raise money.
Puts the curse of the lie on the money raised.
Oh, well

Money in Politics is at the core of the problems we have.

The Dems use the fact that the Right has called for impeachment ad nauseam to raise money.

And.

The GOP use the made up scandal of #BENGHAZI!!! to raise money.

It's the MONEY that is the problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

And the incredulity of those who just now realized that many people think like Beezer about the issue

is an indiction that you only read/watch the approved government news

there is a reason the white house hires the brothers, sisters, spouses of the CEO's of ALL major news outlets, it helps to "control the messages"

If one doesn't use multiple sources, one is left blind to the truth, both sides spin

I am looking between what is said by both and came up with an alternative scenario for what is going on, one that is in neither news source, but one that is logical if you listen to both the MSM and alternative news.

Anyone who just listens to the state approved and endorsed news is as blind as those who just listen to the alternative media

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

And the incredulity of those who just now realized that many people think like Beezer about the issue
is an indiction that you only read/watch the approved government news
there is a reason the white house hires the brothers, sisters, spouses of the CEO's of ALL major news outlets, it helps to "control the messages"
If one doesn't use multiple sources, one is left blind to the truth, both sides spin
I am looking between what is said by both and came up with an alternative scenario for what is going on, one that is in neither news source, but one that is logical if you listen to both the MSM and alternative news.
Anyone who just listens to the state approved and endorsed news is as blind as those who just listen to the alternative media

The "Lame Steam Media"?

That's just another talking point from the bobble heads in the Conservative Entertainment Complex.

Have you ever seen the Sunday morning political shows? The Right wing talking heads out number the Left wing ones by about three to one. (They still have Bill Crystal on them for pity sake!) The only Lefties on the shows are the Corporate Dems, who are just the old school Conservatives with a different letter after their names.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Ok, we have discussed off topic about the media enough, actually both of us have beat a dead horse several times over.

You have your opinion, I have mine, we aren't going to change each other's minds, and that's ok.

Back to OP

Could it be that the Democrats secretly and/or unconsciously want Obama impeached because he is making them look bad?

edit on 7-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: added sentence

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The Democrats should nominate another black man for POTUS in 2016.

Race seems to be the best Teflon replacement yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Boehner's lawsuit against Obama is the first step in Impeachment proceedings, it was exactly what they did when they tried to impeach Clinton. The GOP is desperately trying to find footing for their impeachment drive.

Here, for the record, are just this past years calls for impeachment from the GOP:

Crushing The GOP Lie: Here Is a List of Republican Incumbents Who Support Impeachment

Candidates:
Marilinda Garcia (NH-02): [New Boston Republican Committee Debate, 2/06/14]
Gary Lambert (NH-02): [New Boston Republican Committee Debate, 2/06/14]
Ryan Zinke (MT-AL) [Huffington Post, 6/02/14]

Republican Incumbents:
Rep. Steve Scalise [MSNBC, 7/27/14]
Rep. Jeff Denham: [North Valley Tea Party Club, 8/14/13]
Rep. Kerry Bentivolio: [ABC News, 8/21/13]
Rep. Steve King: [Breitbart, 7/26/14]
Rep. Jason Chaffetz: [Salt Lake Tribune, 5/13/13]
Rep. Michele Bachmann: [Politico, 5/16/13]
Rep. Blake Farenthold: [Politico, 8/12/13]
Rep. Steve Stockman: [Washington Times, 1/30/14]
Rep. Jack Kingston: [Huffington Post, 7/16/14]
Rep. Randy Weber: [The Hill, 7/15/14]
Rep. Joe Barton: [The Hill, 7/15/14]
Rep. Michael Burgess: [Politico, 8/09/11]
Rep. Ted Yoho: [Breitbart, 7/25/14]
Rep. Paul Broun: [ABC News, 2/03/14]
Rep. Louie Gohmert: [Raw Story, 10/15/13]
Rep. Lou Barletta: [Politico, 6/17/14]

Read the article for the full extent of their comments or speeches. And this was just the past year alone. It grows to a much larger list dating back to 2009.

Boehner, Limbaugh Try to Rewrite History of GOP Push to Impeach Obama

Here's a list of more than 40 calls for impeachment by Republicans since 2009

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

No one is surprised that some people think like that. I think there's a relatively stable 30% of the country who has these right wing ideas, watch only FOX (or other right-wing sources) for their news, believe everything bad about Obama and the left, hate progressives, while praising the tea party and their funders (Koch brothers). Many still believe Obama's presidency is somehow illegitimate because of his beliefs, birthplace, or some such nonsense.

Those 30% of the people are the ones who are disrespected as the "wing-nuts" of the Republican party.

This is no surprise.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: beezzer
Quite right, I believe.
In fact, the Democrats kept drumming about the Republicans wanting to impeach immediately after the Speaker of House stated that the was no call for impeachment by the Republicans in Congress.

Yeah and what was it, the very next day that Steve King said this?

thehill.com...

Rep. Steve King: Obama immigration action could lead to impeachment

www.foxnews.com...

Rep. King reignites impeachment debate, White House unconvinced House has dropped the issue

dailycaller.com...

Rep. Steve King Warns Obama’s Executive Amnesty Could Trigger Impeachment

I think everyone knows that John Beohner doesn't have any control and if anything, has very little influence with our current House of Representatives. The tail has been wagging that dog for quite some time now.

Impeachment is anything but an idea brought about by Democrats in Congress or anywhere else, yet Republicans have been talking about it almost since the day Obama took office.

On the other hand, didn't someone famous once say that you should never interrupt your enemy while he's in the process of shooting himself in the foot?

I think what you're seeing is a Democratic party who's basically saying that if the GOP is stupid enough to think that impeachment is the way to go and that it will work out good for them, then go for it! Who are we to get it the way of them shooting themselves in the foot? The more stupid sh#t the GOP does, the easier it is to get them replaced.

edit on 7-8-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Yes but all the begging and pleading (by drumming the message that the Reps will do it)
for the Rep's to shoot themselves in the foot and impeach

there must be a subconscious wish for it to happen

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Back to OP
Could it be that the Democrats secretly and/or unconsciously want Obama impeached because he is making them look bad?

Nope.

The Democrats openly and consciously want the GOP to try impeaching Obama because it worked so well for them when they tried it with Clinton.

It would only give the Dems more votes.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

To raise MONEY. And it's been very successful!

Impeachment Talks Open Democrats' Wallets

Democrats have outraised their GOP counterparts by nearly $25 million for the two-year campaign season, $125 million to $101 million, and they have more cash at the ready as the election season enters the home stretch. Democrats also boast about their large number of low-dollar donors as a testament to grass-roots support. Their operation has raised $51 million in donations less than $200, compared with $18 million for Republicans.

I hate articles that don't post links to where they get their fundraising information.

According to current FEC data, here are the real TOTALS for the 2013-2014 campaign season. The DNC may be outraising the RNC, but that's only because more people are donating directly to their candidates and not groups.

Money raised for ALL Republican candidates running for House and Senate to date: $631.9 million
Money raised for ALL Democrat candidates running for House and Senate to date: $514.1 million

www.opensecrets.org...

The Democrats are using the "impeachment" ploy to raise cash because they're desperate. It's not what they would like you to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join