It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the Democrats who want to impeach Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
thehill.com...

Congressional Democrats have talked about the impeachment of President Obama 20 times more than Republicans have on the House and Senate floors. Since the start of the 113th Congress last year, Democrats have used the word “impeach” or “impeachment” regarding Obama 86 times, according to a review of the Congressional Record by The Hill. Utterances on the floor from Republicans about impeaching Obama, in contrast, have been relatively rare. Only three Republicans in this Congress have raised the subject on the House floor, and the words have been used a total of four times by GOP members.

......Constitutional law expert Jonathan Turley, who has criticized Obama’s executive actions, compared the impeachment talk to sightings of “Bigfoot.”

“This is the constitutional equivalent of a Bigfoot sighting: nobody is seriously suggesting that impeachment is being pursued by the Republicans,” said Turley, a professor at George Washington University.

I have been noticing this lately. Could the Democrats also be fed up with Obama?

Do they really want him gone? But can't do it, and so are trying to goad the Republicans into doing it?

I have come to the conclusion that it's the Democrats that want to impeach Obama since they are saying it all the time, while the vast majority of Republicans, including Boehner are saying there are no Republican plans to impeach Obama.

If this is a Democratic ploy to try and goad the Republicans into doing it, it is backfiring because it really looks like the Democrats want Obama out of office to me.

What do you think of this phenomenon? 20 times more Democratic leaders talk about impeachment than Republican leaders.

I know some of you will quote Republicans, but that is not the point, what about the many many many Democrats talking impeachment?

Even if they are only saying "The Republicans want to impeach Obama", why bring it up 20 times more than Republicans?

edit on 7-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: added quote from article

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

It's a ploy probably thought of by the White House.

If I stated (repeatedly) that you want to kill me, even though you didn't, people would look at you as an attempted murderer regardless of the truth or facts.

This is a distraction by the White House.

They can't get anything done, because all the GOP wants to do is "impeach".

A blame game.

And as a caveat; I've previously stated, Obama is an idiot and incompetent. Not valid reasons for impeachment.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
OR

They have used the word impeach and impeachment in the negative. Article does not mention the usage of the word, pro or con, just the word. I think it highly more likely that it has been used in this way.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Beezer,
You are correct, what you are saying is the consensus of most people who follow politics.

However, I sense a "Thou dost protest too much" in what is happening,
a sense of we've got to get rid of this guy but no one can know.

So let's "do a little side step" to place the blame on the Republicans
and make them look bad at the same time.

edit on 7-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: added Beezer

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Quite right, I believe.
In fact, the Democrats kept drumming about the Republicans wanting to impeach immediately after the Speaker of House stated that the was no call for impeachment by the Republicans in Congress.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Even if they are only saying "The Republicans want to impeach Obama", why bring it up 20 times more than Republicans?

Because the Democrats were able to raise $2 million the first day of doing it. Now they're just hoping for scraps.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
OR

They have used the word impeach and impeachment in the negative. Article does not mention the usage of the word, pro or con, just the word. I think it highly more likely that it has been used in this way.

Say something enough and it tends to become reality in today's world

I'm saying there may be a hint of desperation behind the Democratic party
beyond the obvious that Beezer pointed out
a sort of, we know this guy is killing the USA and by extension us.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Everything in US politics is a show-- might as well be reality TV. Its all staged and its all for a purpose we will not be made privy to until its far too late. Until we actually start paying attention to the people we are electing we will continue to dislike every president from here on out.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So, maybe they are using the word as a red herring? To sucker the Rs into going forth with a bill of impeachment thinking that when the vote comes there will be D support because of all the use of the word and then when the vote comes there will be none of the expected D support and the Rs will go down in flame.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

So, during a specific time, and in a specific place, the dems MENTIONED impeachment more than the GOP...

USING THE WORD impeachment on the House Floor is NOT the same as SUPPORTING impeachment. That's the lesson of the day.

Since the nation has gotten frustrated with all the threats of impeachment by the GOP, they're now trying to put it off on the Democrats, as if it's all a scam started by the Dems. That's Bohner's claim, anyway. It's laughable! But of course, some will fall for it.

Truth is, the Dems were smart in that they USED the GOP's threats of impeachment against them to raise money and now the GOP is scrambling to cover their asses. The GOP is shrewd, but not always very smart...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

So, maybe they are using the word as a red herring? To sucker the Rs into going forth with a bill of impeachment thinking that when the vote comes there will be D support because of all the use of the word and then when the vote comes there will be none of the expected D support and the Rs will go down in flame.

That is what most people who follow politics thinks is happening.

They may be right.

However, sometimes the obvious is just that the obvious,
but what about the subconscious collective of the Dems?

Could this be a deeper call for help on a subconscious level?

The fervor with which they cry "impeachment" "don't do it",
is sort of a pathetic cry for help, a subconscious "please do it and save us"

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They can't get anything done, because all the GOP wants to do is "impeach".

A blame game.

And the blame game can only gain momentum as the election draws nearer.

I guarantee you that the next republican campaign will not about what it can do right, but what the democrats did wrong. It's a staple for most political parties to place blame the opposition, and it works every time and soon enough we'll have revolving door governments because all parties will have plenty of campaigning experience and no political experience.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I knew someone would point out all the times Republicans said the word

Not the point, not the point at all

Why are Democrats saying it far more and with far more passion?

Is it a subconscious cry for help for them and for the country?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

That is what most people who follow politics thinks is happening.

WHAT??? You have a pulse on what political followers think? Do you have a source for this?

Could this be a deeper call for help on a subconscious level?

The fervor with which they cry "impeachment" "don't do it",
is sort of a pathetic cry for help, a subconscious "please do it and save us"

Oh, I'm sure that's it! LOL That's quite an imagination you have there!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Ok, I'll admit I read Drudge and WND and listen to talk radio. You and others will probably slam me for doing so,
Meh, who cares

On all of these venues they have been saying exactly what Beezer and Terry said.

I'll watch mainstream news, and read the papers, but they don't give the full picture of the pulse of what is really going on in America, need to check out all sides to get the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Why are Democrats saying it far more and with far more passion?

To raise MONEY. And it's been very successful!

Impeachment Talks Open Democrats' Wallets

Democrats have outraised their GOP counterparts by nearly $25 million for the two-year campaign season, $125 million to $101 million, and they have more cash at the ready as the election season enters the home stretch. Democrats also boast about their large number of low-dollar donors as a testament to grass-roots support. Their operation has raised $51 million in donations less than $200, compared with $18 million for Republicans.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Kinda an ugly way to raise money.

Puts the curse of the lie on the money raised.

Oh, well

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Ok, I'll admit I read Drudge and WND and listen to talk radio.

And you think that's where you'll get the truth?

On all of these venues they have been saying exactly what Beezer and Terry said.

No doubt, they're getting their "news" from the same "sources". That's like a liberal getting all their news from MSNBC. These sources are doing all they can to divide the nation. At least branch out a little, read more on the Internet (not conservative rags like WND. That's one of the worst!

I'll watch mainstream news, and read the papers, but they don't give the full picture of the pulse of what is really going on in America, need to check out all sides to get the truth.

You sound like you're really trying to find the truth, so I commend you on that. But let me assure you, The Dems do NOT want to Impeach Obama. Why would they want to put such a stain on their party? They want to WIN the next election, not lose it.

Sorry my posts are so harsh. But what you're claiming is ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Kinda an ugly way to raise money.

Puts the curse of the lie on the money raised.

There is no lie. Republicans have been talking about impeaching Obama since the year he got elected. This year, the Dems decided to use it to raise money. Who said politics is pretty? LOL

This is a pretty good thread about the impeachment talks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

thehill.com...

Congressional Democrats have talked about the impeachment of President Obama 20 times more than Republicans have on the House and Senate floors. Since the start of the 113th Congress last year, Democrats have used the word “impeach” or “impeachment” regarding Obama 86 times, according to a review of the Congressional Record by The Hill. Utterances on the floor from Republicans about impeaching Obama, in contrast, have been relatively rare. Only three Republicans in this Congress have raised the subject on the House floor, and the words have been used a total of four times by GOP members.

......Constitutional law expert Jonathan Turley, who has criticized Obama’s executive actions, compared the impeachment talk to sightings of “Bigfoot.”

“This is the constitutional equivalent of a Bigfoot sighting: nobody is seriously suggesting that impeachment is being pursued by the Republicans,” said Turley, a professor at George Washington University.

I have been noticing this lately. Could the Democrats also be fed up with Obama?

Do they really want him gone? But can't do it, and so are trying to goad the Republicans into doing it?

I have come to the conclusion that it's the Democrats that want to impeach Obama since they are saying it all the time, while the vast majority of Republicans, including Boehner are saying there are no Republican plans to impeach Obama.

If this is a Democratic ploy to try and goad the Republicans into doing it, it is backfiring because it really looks like the Democrats want Obama out of office to me.

What do you think of this phenomenon? 20 times more Democratic leaders talk about impeachment than Republican leaders.

I know some of you will quote Republicans, but that is not the point, what about the many many many Democrats talking impeachment?

Republicans have been talking impeachment since he was sworn in. There is video of every "celeb" republican saying impeach Obama...

There is no way your such sheeple you don't remember EVERY single one say it.

Now they know he's never done anything impeachable. They only said that to fire up there base and get donations. Now it's back firing .

But there is no way y'all have blocked out the 5 years of the GOP swearing there gonna try and impeach him. So either you lie to yourself or everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join