It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America Nears $17 Billion Settlement Over Mortgages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
link..finance.yahoo.com...

from link..
Despite the huge penalty, critics contend that the government crackdown has amounted to little more than a slap on the wrist. No Bank of America employee will face charges, and the case against the bank is civil, rather than criminal.

The settlement ends months of on-again, off-again negotiations between the Justice Department and Bank of America, which has already paid more than $50 billion to settle lawsuits by private investors and regulators largely related to its Countrywide Financial and Merrill Lynch units.

This is just pure b.s the ceo and all involved need to go to big boy prison period. If we pass a bad check for 500 bucks we will definitely end up in prison this has to change they need to held accountable the same laws we are. Was it not Bank of America that also got caught laundering drug money?
Also this part makes me mad..
The bank has agreed to pay a roughly $9 billion cash penalty to the United States Treasury
edit on 7-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The money is not real.

the money is not real.

the money is not real.

How can you go to prison when the money you lost (or rather placed in an untraceable account) was not real in the first place.

The money at this level is created out of the minds of men who still believe that MORE control is the answer to the problems that the control they have already created is now causing them.

Did I say, the money is not real...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
The money is not real.

the money is not real.

the money is not real.

How can you go to prison when the money you lost (or rather placed in an untraceable account) was not real in the first place.

The money at this level is created out of the minds of men who still believe that MORE control is the answer to the problems that the control they have already created is now causing them.

Did I say, the money is not real...

If you live outside the US, then one would know you are telling them the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The people who say this in the US usually end up having accidents so the make believe money, continues to be believed to be real.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

The money is not real.

the money is not real.

the money is not real.

Not as real as the "Real" estate the banks took from all those people. They should be forced to give them new houses…

each and every one.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Well written OP. Thanks for that view of the skullduggery at the top.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Totally agree, That's the problem, while the money is not real at that end, or the other end, those in the middle are the ones who cop it in the neck every time.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Thats why its called "currency". Whatever BS fodder they are passing off on us, currently.

Meanwhile the elite pile up the gold in their vaults and enjoy loaning you more paper.

Of course, like in the OP the Gov. gets their cut to look the other way.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
so does this settle or clean up the digital registery fiasco, which caused No Clear Title Deed to the properties because of all the Fraudulent Mortgages

or is that still an issue which lingers in the dark... that multiple registery mix left NO trail of ownership to millions of properties so Title Searches were impossible to render accurate

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
the money not being real and the gains ( REAL: estate) are...
its a form of black kabbalistic sourcery....

like turning lead into gold by making the stuff into bullets

ETA
greetz Int

edit on Thuam8b20148America/Chicago11 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Every dime of this penalty should go directly to the people who were screwed BA....every dime!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I agree the money is fake but not the pain and suffering caused by the banks.Also loss of property the banks a lot of times lock people out the contents then belong to the bank.My buddy took out 145,000 mortgage and about a year in they refused to take his payments returned them after some time they took his house it was b.s and a whole lot of other crap they pull on people to make them lose their homes..

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes you turn lead into gold by turning lead into paper money now digital currency. Oh how easily we are led to the economical slaughter house by the maniacs who play poker in financial institutions.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yup been there have the scars and the tee shirt. When the gov' got finished with my old lender they same light slap on the wrist. All I got to show for it was a 500 dollar check and kicked out of my home. They're not paying back the amount of damage they do no where near it.

They should banned from handing out loans, hit them where it hurts. Their ability to make money.

top topics

join