It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes against Humanity: Ukraine Government Uses Ballistic Missile against its Own People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The CNN report is from July 29. Interestingly the CNN is the only source, Moscow has not confirmed it yet.

"This is an awkward position: You know, the so called "good guys" firing ballistic missiles..."

Short-range ballistic missiles can carry warheads of up to 1,000 pounds (450 kg) and are capable of killing dozens of people at a time. Warheads: Chemical, 100 kt nuclear warhead, EMP, or fragmentation filling.

How an impact site of a ballistic rocket SS21 OTR-21 Tochka looks like?

As the CNN states, this move leads to the escalation of war. Is this the goal of the ukrainian putschists?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Have I time slipped or something, I'm noticing a few threads I've seen before.......
Maybe just one of those days.

Back on track, ballistic missiles on your own people is brutal. The rebels are in a bad way as it is, this is overkill.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There is no excuse for this!

There are those who will say that the actions of those in Kiev are justified because they are fighting "terrorists" which is simply laughable.

In actuality they are simply murdering their fellow Ukrainians, with a big old green light from NATO.

No level of propaganda can hide this truth. Call them pro-russian/ separatist's whatever you would like, the truth of the matter is they are Ukrainians!

Ukrainians who want nothing to do with the puppet government in Kiev nor their fasicst masters!

To those who will say that this is necessary because of Russia and their horrible aggression, who's backyard is being messed with here?
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amThursday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

how is a " ballistic missile " any different , legally from a motar salvo or tube artillery barrage ?

they all have a ballistic trajectory

and if you are at the receiving end - the differences are academic

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Have I time slipped or something, I'm noticing a few threads I've seen before.......
Maybe just one of those days.

Hmmm, My thoughts exactly, like earlier this morn, before I went lights out here.

Syx.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yes these are war crimes but just like Gaza it will be played out over a period of years and then forgot.

One law for the USA/Isreal and another for the rest of the world and it would be worse was it not for Russia and China standing up to the USA else we would all be wearing electronic tags by now.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Short-range ballistic missiles can carry warheads of up to 1,000 pounds (450 kg) and are capable of killing dozens of people at a time. Warheads: Chemical, 100 kt nuclear warhead, EMP, or fragmentation filling.

It is not a question of what they can deliver, it is a question of what they are actually used to deliver, what target they are delivering it to and on the accuracy of the missile. If they are delivering conventional warheads to military targets with a minimum of collateral damage, it is a perfectly legal tactic. As for the woman in the propaganda video, she doesn't need any money to pack her bags and walk to safety. Hundreds of thousands did it during World War Two. If she is staying behind in a besieged city, she is either invested in the criminal regime, being held captive or just not very bright.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

You are thinking about this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When it became clear that the article cited in that thread was not, shall we say, 100% honest, the thread petered out.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

The CNN report is from July 29. Interestingly the CNN is the only source, Moscow has not confirmed it yet.

I am amazed as to how one will call western media full of propaganda, and yet use them as a source for their thread.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You are thinking about this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When it became clear that the article cited in that thread was not, shall we say, 100% honest, the thread petered out.

Just as this thread will.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Don't you find it marvelously convenient that as more and more evidence piles up that the rebels have been using surface to air missiles, including one that was capable of downing a commercial airliner, there is suddenly a flurry of accusations from Donetsk that the Loyalist troops are using missiles. Distraction, anyone?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What is wrong with using a ballistic missile? Maybe some details on what actually occured. What exactly was the warhead involved, target, casualties? Seems like someone is trying to make something out of nothing at this point.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Don't you find it marvelously convenient that as more and more evidence piles up that the rebels have been using surface to air missiles, including one that was capable of downing a commercial airliner, there is suddenly a flurry of accusations from Donetsk that the Loyalist troops are using missiles. Distraction, anyone?

It does make one wonder as to who may have really fired that missile from the video.

Was it Ukraine or was it Russia looking for sympathy to as you have said to distract us from the investigation into MH 17, where when the truth comes out will not look good for the separatists or Russia.
edit on 7-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
In addition, indiscriminate artillery, mortar, rocket, aviation bombardment has resulted in more than 1000 people losing their lives plus many times more injured and several hundred thousands forced to flee their homes.

Junta has used tanks and MRLS against the elements armed only with rifles initially. Junta is responsible for escalating this into a full scale war.

There was a cease fire in place and new president broke it to wage FULL military war not just anti terrorist ops.........on the Eastern Ukranian population.

These ARE war crimes for which Porky Poro and Junta will have to pay for.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Sorry, I searched "ballistic missile" instead of WMD.

After the CNN report I was waiting for pictures or videos from impact zone, but I find it only today. Somehow the first three missiles mentioned on July 27 did not achieve its target.

The usage of ballistic missiles tells only one thing: those who are in power in Kiev are losing the war against their own people. They can attack only from distance...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

There was a cease fire in place and new president broke it to wage FULL military war not just anti terrorist ops.........on the Eastern Ukranian population.

Again you seem really uninformed.

The separatists broke the cease fire by attacking checkpoints and downing of a Ukraine helicopter, but hey when you tow the Russian line of course it was Ukraines fault.

www.thewire.com...

If this was a full scale operation against the people of eastern Ukraine, why is it only in the places the separatists are at and not where they aren't which would validate your claim, but unfortunately for you it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

These ARE war crimes for which Porky Poro and Junta will have to pay for.

And so many that the separatists have to pay for.

Somewhat like why their are civilians killed and buried in a mass grave.

But of course this get's looked over by those who support Russia.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The usage of ballistic missiles tells only one thing: those who are in power in Kiev are losing the war against their own people. They can attack only from distance...

And what news have you been watching?

www.cbc.ca...

With fighting escalating and rebels losing ground in the weeks since a Malaysian airliner was shot down over separatist-held territory, Russia has announced military exercises this week in the border region.

freebeacon.com...

You need better sources.

And just in case you forgot this...

But of course Ukraine can't get close, yet the separatists are on the run.
edit on 7-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: maghun

Sorry, I searched "ballistic missile" instead of WMD.

After the CNN report I was waiting for pictures or videos from impact zone, but I find it only today. Somehow the first three missiles mentioned on July 27 did not achieve its target.

As was covered in the other thread on this subject this is a tactical weapon with better percision. It is a Russian missle that was designed to be used against tactical targets like bridges, HQs, smallc concentrations of troops etc. Russia used them in both the Chechen and Georgian conflicts. I suppose you were screaming about crimes against humanity then eh? Well you if you were you were as wrong then as you are now.

They would used in the same way as are mortors or artillery only with better range. The collapse of the rebels do to lack of support from the locals has made them easy targets and that is why they are on the verge of collapse. If your a rebel and you have the support of the locals they will provide you with intel, food, and places to hide so you can come out and raid your enemies rear areas. A small force can fight for years like this. If you do not have the support of the locals then you end up in the position of the Russian backed rebels. The Russians can send you all the weapons the want but, if your not welcome in the local downs or villiages then your going to find it very hard to make it very long.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You know what really pisses me off? When the op blatantly and intentionally alters the video title so it appears to be something more than it is.

The title is -

CNN 2014 07 29 Ballistic missiles Ukraine

No where does it state "Ukraine's own people". As a matter of fact the sources state they are used against Rebels, not civilians.
As for the RT thread this is a perfect example - manipulating the thread title so it portrays a situation that its not.

Another Propaganda piece?
Rivanovosti - World
Ukrainian Troops Using Ballistic Missiles Against Independence Supporters - Report

Even the Rivanovosti article does not state civilians were targeted.

Even your own video doesnt support what you are portraying. Since that clarification was like 15 seconds into the video im curious why you "tweaked" the information?

edit on 7-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join