It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation is a hoax !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

If I said I believe in it, it would suggest some question...perhaps just a tiny one...but a question of the reality of it within my own thinking.

Do we say we believe in the Ocean? Do we believe in death? Do we believe in breathing? No. That sounds totally absurd, because these are things that are simply taken as a baseline fact for aspects of the world and life we see around us.

To me, and some, reincarnation as part of the life cycle has nothing to do with belief. It's a simple fact, at least to a % of people, as a step which will come as sure as we will each experience the death necessary immediately before that next stage begins.

I know I say all this into a level of skepticism that borders on militant at times. So be it... I'm not trying to change minds and I won't even be on for more than another few mins.. I just felt the need to share my own view on this topic for such an open thread on it. To each their own in all matters of Faith.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have memories of how I died in the life just prior to this one. I've had these memories my whole life. I died in a Nazi air raid in London. I was a child of about 5 or 6 years old playing on a playground when the bombs hit. I remember it all .. including what clothing my mother from that lifetime was wearing and the clothing of her friends. I remember the air raid siren. I remember it all, even blowing up. That incident was very real. It can't be a 'hoax' (as the thread title suggests) because I've had that memory with me all my life and it wasn't 'hoaxed' into me at any time. I remembered that life before I even knew about reincarnation or before I had religious indoctrinations tossed my way.

My experiencing an infilling of the Holy Spirit in 1990 in Medjugorje Yugoslavia was very real. My 'supernatural' experiences with God and with Mary are also very real. No I'm not interjecting any faith in there. They were real experiences and 'out of the blue' .. not expected and nothing I worked myself up into believing. They just happened.

Real is real. What I believe is based on my experiences and not so much blind faith. Reincarnation and what Jesus taught can be compatible. This discussion is really a matter of indoctrination and interpretation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Considering the want of certainty is a primal compulsion we sure do exist in a reality that is lacking it.

Where are all those definitive answers we all want.

Lets storm the Vatican archives, does anyone know someone here at ATS that reads Latin?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Before you go, wrabbit...

so then, you see reincarnation as a matter of fact. Is that a correct interpretation?

I agree that it is. Wicca is some good stuff, eh? I like it.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hi

Loved your post. Stop it....... noone wants to see a bald, chubby man over fifty crying!

I think everyone gets it when they see my ATS name, huh?

You are a very likeable person. Your words as sweet as Italian wine but as a christian evangelist I feel it could partial be my fault in not having the "right words" to convince you to take another look at Jesus. Forget what anyone says ................... just do what he says...exactly as he says it.

I am done......no preaching here!

Love and Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It is these types of experiences that for me brings into question the presumption of transferred memories in utero.

Are our 'reincarnated' experiences downloads from our mothers and fathers mitochondria?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wanderer777
a reply to: ArtemisE

Actually I was faith healed. So a bit more than warm and fuzzies.

The placebo effect much???

I think the faith healing parents who have watched their children die rather then give them antibiotics would disagree.

For something to be proof it has to be repeatable. I doubt your willing to shoot yourself in the stomach and try faith healing again...

Funny how no one try's faith healing instead of stitches or a skull fracture. Has prayer ever reset a broken arm? Nope.

People only try it when your immune system is the real hero.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have memories of how I died in the life just prior to this one. I've had these memories my whole life. I died in a Nazi air raid in London. I was a child of about 5 or 6 years old playing on a playground when the bombs hit. I remember it all .. including what clothing my mother from that lifetime was wearing and the clothing of her friends. I remember the air raid siren. I remember it all, even blowing up. That incident was very real. It can't be a 'hoax' (as the thread title suggests) because I've had that memory with me all my life and it wasn't 'hoaxed' into me at any time. I remembered that life before I even knew about reincarnation or before I had religious indoctrinations tossed my way.

My experiencing an infilling of the Holy Spirit in 1990 in Medjugorje Yugoslavia was very real. My 'supernatural' experiences with God and with Mary are also very real. No I'm not interjecting any faith in there. They were real experiences and 'out of the blue' .. not expected and nothing I worked myself up into believing. They just happened.

Real is real. What I believe is based on my experiences and not so much blind faith. Reincarnation and what Jesus taught can be compatible. This discussion is really a matter of indoctrination and interpretation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Hi,

WOW - It can not get any better than that! Case closed for me. Thank you so much for sharing a holy moment in your life. It is true.....once you see it really has nothing to do with faith anymore because once you see God..... no more guessing......me too...twice! Even when driving my truck - he sat in the passenger seat.

I wish I could prove it.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. I understand what you are saying now.

And I agree with you that this is a good thread. It's always nice to see different beliefs (or facts
) being discussed with civility and respect.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

"- two people (two separate beings) who allegedly had the same spirit. This is impossible."

I know I am not fully awake yet, but help me here. How can you state this as Fact?

The two beings of which You mentioned were not alive Physically at the same time. Why could they NOT share the same Spirit?

Just seeking some clarification. Syx.

Because at the resurrection everyone who has ever lived will be resurrected for judgement so how can these two ALLEGED people (whom some think can have the same spirit) resurrect at the exact same time?

Only if you believe the completely debunked tales of Bronze Age goat herders LMAO!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

"- two people (two separate beings) who allegedly had the same spirit. This is impossible."

I know I am not fully awake yet, but help me here. How can you state this as Fact?

The two beings of which You mentioned were not alive Physically at the same time. Why could they NOT share the same Spirit?

Because at the resurrection everyone who has ever lived will be resurrected for judgement so how can these two ALLEGED people (whom some think can have the same spirit) resurrect at the exact same time?

Only if you believe the completely debunked tales of Bronze Age goat herders LMAO!!

Are you referring to the bible? If so, it has NEVER been debunked. If so tell me when, where and by whom?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes I do see it as fact. I will add for the respect of everyone else, I see it as a fact of my view of life and existence, appreciating it isn't a mainstream belief. Then again, if someone is deciding matters of life commitment by popular opinion, it's a bad path no matter what the scenery is, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

So strange to read your story. I've written about past life recollections before on ATS but one that I have never shared was a death, not exactly sure which country, WW2, in Europe. By mortar. I saw friends fall first, then I. The big difference with this one compared to other ones was that through the horror of it all, my body lying there, missing limbs, about to die, I felt complete silence and serenity. No fear.

Sorry for the off topic post, Jesuslives4u. Just had to let this one out of my system..

Back to the regular programming..

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Are you referring to the bible? If so, it has NEVER been debunked. If so tell me when, where and by whom?

that's a trap and you know it, oldest trick of belief, you cant prove my believe is wrong said the man who believed in the one eyed, one horn flying purple people eater.

The Harry Potter Books are yet to be debunked as well, wish me luck I'm off to find Hogworts....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

link   

So tell me why do you believe in reincarnation?

I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation. But I think just about anything is possible. We don't fully understand the natural world, or even what life is all about. So for us to try and quantify and qualify "life" using the particular subset or paradigm (the "Abrahamic" religions) is asinine and displays backwards thinking.

Your thread's premise is based entirely upon your interpretation of your beliefs which are based upon written words from stories of a "god" that were passed on through oral tradition before being written down years later by men. Whilst I can understand the steadfast and literal beliefs you may have, I cannot, in MY opinion, assign any validity to them as the basis of your argument.

Further, can you please supply a link to the story/article referenced?

link   

Burden of proof lies on the believer, friend.

link   

I am done......no preaching here!

Love and Peace

As a final note before I depart for another day of fun in the su...err...miserable rain and muck today (laugh)

I really appreciate your reply and your grace by accepting the beliefs of others despite not sharing any bit of it. That takes a lot, and it's always nice.

I also appreciate your attempt to introduce your beliefs to me in a subtle and non-offensive way.

I'll just say I was split between devout Roman Catholic and Presbyterian as a child and teen. I got a strong fill there. I've also done my time since, helping in Faith based shelters and other areas where I'm hip deep in Christian Faith. No problems... I respect the Faith and those who are committed to it. The world is too small a place to fight over that, when all that matters for personal spirituality is largely done in private anyway, eh?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia

that's a trap and you know it, oldest trick of belief, you cant prove my believe is wrong said the man who believed in the one eyed, one horn flying purple people eater.

The Harry Potter Books are yet to be debunked as well, wish me luck I'm off to find Hogworts....

The testable parts of the bible have been debunked.

There was never a global flood that wiped out everyone but one family.

2 of every animal couldn't fit on a boat the size the bible describes.

The world wasn't created in 7 days.

The sequence of creation isn't even close.

We know most of the old testament was "borrowed" ( stolen) from the sumarians ( chronicals of Gilgamesh)

The Jews were not the first humans.

I could do this all day...

The bible being the "truth" isn't even on the table......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join