It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation is a hoax !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wanderer777
a reply to: flammadraco

If you don't like preachy sermon posts then don't read them. By this statement you made we should take the politics forums away because no one agrees on politics either. So what if people want to express their religious beliefs. Or we could take away the first amendment so it suits people here that aren't religious.

The difference between politics and religious threads, is every four to five years (depending what country one lives) we have elections and people need to discuss the pros and cons for each political party. However when it comes to religion, we are still dominated by dogma from 2000 to 3000 years ago.

As said I do not read the Faith threads unless they appear in the "LIVE" feed on ATS and as such when I do see the "Preachy Sermon" threads i leave and steer clear. The difference today was the OP had an opinion and called Reincarnation a hoax when several people on this thread including myself believe his comments are wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Ya never said why you think he's wrong. Or discussed it. You attacked all religion. You can try all you want to defend yourself but you just keep contradicting yourself.

Yes politics change all the time but why do we still hear stuff about leaders 50 to 60 years ago and have arguments about them? There's really not much of a difference between religion discussions and politics discussions.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Slightly off topic, but Jesuslives4u may I draw your attention to your previous thread;

GOOD NEWS ATS - No longer will I make religious threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What happened?

Also you said you came across this thread on the live feed and wanted to share your opinions, but the first thing you did was attack Jesuslives4u. Then jump on the wagon of calling religion is a hoax. You didn't have a single care about sharing your opinions on reincarnation from what it seems.
I personally do not believe in reincarnation. But I'm not going to stop someone who does.

You must be tired, as you now seem to be getting a little "bolshie".

First off I wanted to see what other threads the OP had posted as I found the title of this thread offensive and low and behold I noted that the OP had made several other silly threads, one of which ended up as a "Hoax". Tells me a lot about the person. This was not an attack, this was an observation that the OP had informed other ATS members that he would no longer create "Religious Threads" and yet continued to do so. As a good Christian surely the commandment "thou shalt not lie" would be appropriate here???

Secondly I was not the first person to call religion a hoax, I did however agree with the User that did. And discussing reincarnation on here was not the issue with me, the issue was he called it a hoax and as such belittled other peoples beliefs including my own as he believed his religious dogma superseded everyone else's belief systems.

Seems to me that when the tables are turned some folk don't like being challenged. Pretty sure theirs a line in your holy book that says "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Perhaps if a little more credence was given to more of the bibles scriptures, we would not be having this conversation.

If both you and the OP have been upset by people saying relgion is a hoax, then perhaps the OP should not have thrown stones in glass houses!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: Jefferton
Religion is a hoax!

Carry on.

Maybe ...... but God is not a hoax.

Oh no, Gods a hoax too....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Slightly off topic, but Jesuslives4u may I draw your attention to your previous thread;

GOOD NEWS ATS - No longer will I make religious threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What happened?

Also you said you came across this thread on the live feed and wanted to share your opinions, but the first thing you did was attack Jesuslives4u. Then jump on the wagon of calling religion is a hoax. You didn't have a single care about sharing your opinions on reincarnation from what it seems.
I personally do not believe in reincarnation. But I'm not going to stop someone who does.

You must be tired, as you now seem to be getting a little "bolshie".

First off I wanted to see what other threads the OP had posted as I found the title of this thread offensive and low and behold I noted that the OP had made several other silly threads, one of which ended up as a "Hoax". Tells me a lot about the person. This was not an attack, this was an observation that the OP had informed other ATS members that he would no longer create "Religious Threads" and yet continued to do so. As a good Christian surely the commandment "thou shalt not lie" would be appropriate here???

Secondly I was not the first person to call religion a hoax, I did however agree with the User that did. And discussing reincarnation on here was not the issue with me, the issue was he called it a hoax and as such belittled other peoples beliefs including my own as he believed his religious dogma superseded everyone else's belief systems.

Seems to me that when the tables are turned some folk don't like being challenged. Pretty sure theirs a line in your holy book that says "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Perhaps if a little more credence was given to more of the bibles scriptures, we would not be having this conversation.

If both you and the OP have been upset by people saying relgion is a hoax, then perhaps the OP should not have thrown stones in glass houses!

Does anyone believe some one else's religion supersedes there own personal religion? Lol

I agree with everything else you said tho. Christianity is famous for attacking other religions while there's is at least as silly.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Ya never said why you think he's wrong. Or discussed it. You attacked all religion. You can try all you want to defend yourself but you just keep contradicting yourself.

Where have I contradicted myself? do you know what Deism is? Whilst I do not believe in organised religion due to the fact that there are so many beliefs, does not mean that I approve when the OP is attacking the central belief system of other peoples religious beliefs, BTW most of these other religions have been around a lot longer than Christianity

Yes politics change all the time but why do we still hear stuff about leaders 50 to 60 years ago and have arguments about them? There's really not much of a difference between religion discussions and politics discussions.

No idea but perhaps next time you see a thread discussing leaders from 50 years ago, you can ask the poster. There's a huge difference between politics and religion and if you cannot see that then I do not have the time to give you the differences.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Wow. Well I'm done because you just keep repeating yourself and it's the same contradictions over and over again. Plus my shift is almost over and I am ready to Skype my wife. Yes Luke 6:31. I try to do for as much as possible. But bro why don't you say why you believe in reincarnation instead of the anti religion thing.

Also one last thing. I'm not upset about people saying religion is a hoax but how it immediately goes there when the thread wasn't about that. It was about one thing and that wasn't it.

God Bless!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Politics is real...... We know it's real. We have met countless politicians.

However after THOUSANDS of years with nearly every human on the planet looking for ANY proof there religion is true. What proof have they found???? The warm and fuzzies!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Where have I contradicted myself? do you know what Deism is? Whilst I do not believe in organised religion due to the fact that there are so many beliefs, does not mean that I approve when the OP is attacking the central belief system of other peoples religious beliefs, BTW most of these other religions have been around a lot longer than Christianity

No idea but perhaps next time you see a thread discussing leaders from 50 years ago, you can ask the poster. There's a huge difference between politics and religion and if you cannot see that then I do not have the time to give you the differences.

For one I used to be Deist. Enough said.

Two. I said not much differences between religion DISCUSSIONS and political DISCUSSIONS.

You must be tired.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Actually I was faith healed. So a bit more than warm and fuzzies.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

For one I used to be Deist. Enough said.

Two. I said not much differences between religion DISCUSSIONS and political DISCUSSIONS.

You must be tired.

Then I suggest you read the post above from ArtemisE that kinds of puts in in a nut shell.

And to add, you still never informed me how I contradicted myself other than to repeat the same line in your last few responses.
edit on 7.8.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

"- two people (two separate beings) who allegedly had the same spirit. This is impossible."

I know I am not fully awake yet, but help me here. How can you state this as Fact?

The two beings of which You mentioned were not alive Physically at the same time. Why could they NOT share the same Spirit?

Just seeking some clarification. Syx.

They could share a spirit..... Except there's zero proof there is a spirit.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

To those of us that believe in a physical resurrection....... which one comes back at the resurrection?

If there is a physical resurrection, why can't the person choose which organic body they want? And wouldn't they want the one they were last in? After all, if reincarnation is real then that would be the body they achieved the highest spiritual heights in. They wouldn't want to reincarnate into a body in which they were a negative force in the world with.

I can understand the need for reincarnation ... to work through issues and learn and grow spiritually. But once a person has reached the height of their spiritual growth, why would they want to 'resurrect' into an organic human body? That seems to be going backwards. After tasting the freedom of being etherial, I wouldn't want to be resurrected and stuffed back into a mundane and limited organic human body for eternity. No thanks.

So tell me why do you believe in reincarnation?

Reincarnation makes sense spiritually. Anecdotal evidence supports reincarnation. However, there is no evidence to support a physical resurrection for everyone at the end of the world.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

It seems to me that you are trying to disprove the existence of reincarnation, through relying on Abrahamic religions and your own personal opinion on the matter.

Sorry, but just because your religion doesn't espouse reincarnation, doesn't mean that it is a hoax.

Hi - Back from lunch.

I don't believe I can disprove reincarnation to anyone, its just that I have looked into it, meditated on it, and used simply logic to come to my belief on reincarnation. I think my way of understanding it not only makes good sense and logic but there are many people out there with the same belief.

To me it is common sense - one human - one spirit. It is not like there is a short supply of spirits or are there?

Even before the days of Christ it is said, "It is a pity my people die for a lack of knowledge."

Meaning - lack of understanding - look through the bible in both OT and NT it is found everywhere throughout the bible. Again it make sense - it you don't look both ways before crossing the street you could get hit by a car. Right?

I think many people have confused themselves with reincarnation with resurrection. Why? Who do you think the reincarnation story benefits? Mankind? I think not! Who wants to die every 70 or 80 years? Not me!! One time, thank you. One time is enough for me.

Believing in reincarnation is not an accepted belief amongst the Abrahamic religions meaning Jews, Muslims and Christians however it is amongst other beliefs ...... a different god; not my God Jehovah, the Abrahamic God. And who is it that hates my God ......? The Morning Star.....Lucifer.

Think about it - reincarnation takes God out of the picture. It destroys the Christian faith as well as the entire Abrahamic religion ....... Christ, son of man, who gave his life for so whoever believed in him that their sins be forgiven in his name. AMEN

I hope this helps someone in understanding the importance of Jesus and why he came to us.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

You have this all round your ankles...it is neither David nor Sally, but the soul who has come back, the name is just a name, an assigned identity in order to differentiate between people within a given lifetime, it is still the same soul.

I personally take umbridge with you using the term "hoax" as this implies something is proven to be false, it is not.

You may not agree with the premise of reincarnation, but that doesn't mean it isn't real, it just means it makes no sense to you.

Equally there is no definitive proof of reincarnation, but your reasoning is flawed as, you are saying only one of those names could come back, forgetting that in reincarnation terms, it is the soul, not the name.

In conclusion reincarnation is like belief in God and religion....you either believe or you don't.

Thank you for your reply. A very well thought out reply! But I don't think you understood me thought - I put names to the individuals as a point to make - two people (two separate beings) who allegedly had the same spirit. This is impossible.

Two Biblical characters with different names and different lives, but the same spirit - try Matthew 11:14; if you can accept it.

Matthew 11:14 'And if you are willing to receive it, he [John the Baptist] is Elijah who is to come' (RAV)

edit on 7/8/2014 by Maigret because: Change from italic

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Hi,

Great post. Thank you. I have not gone through it so I will get back with you on this.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Final Notice

The bickering and rude remarks stop here and now.
Any further posts of this nature will be removed...and offending members may face a Posting Ban.

The topic of this thread is "Reincarnation is a Hoax!".

Discuss the topic, without the snarky comments aimed at each other.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
Please return to the topic. Please do not reply to this post. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I don't believe in the physical resurrection myself, but I think it's possible that we each have one "main" soul that splinters off into multiple souls, all of which could come back in different separate identities. I once read about the woman who channeled someone called Seth, and Seth explained that each of our separate identities that reincarnated were part of one larger, "higher soul", that is our main identity. He said that the separate identities retain all the knowledge of their separate lives and personalities, even as they return to the higher soul (after they die). Each time the higher soul wants to come back and experience more, it just splinters off another piece of itself to come back as a new identity.

So, if this were true, and IF the physical resurrection was also true, couldn't it be possible that both David AND Sally would come back?

Hi,

I never heard of this. Great info to share......it sounds a bit "New Age" to me. Channeling is not only dangerous but can lead to full possession. I would have advised this lady to stop talking with the spirits.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Reincarnation is not a hoax just because you don't believe in it. Reincarnation is one of the many afterlife beliefs in different metaphysical models. Another example of a metaphysical model of an afterlife would be heaven.

I had a Near Death Experience in 2003, there was no contradictions about it. Nor was my Near Death Experience meant to confuse anybody about "the truth." It was a personal event that happened to me that has no impact on other people's spiritual, religious or afterlife beliefs.

I believe in reincarnation as a 49 day process.

49 (days) being the estimated time it takes for the spirit to be reborn again into a new life. Some spirits are reborn 3 days, 21 days, 49 days or 100 days after death, and in some cases even 7 years.

The 49 day process of reincarnation would make your argument of NDE being a contradiction that is meant to confuse the truth invalid.

Everyone is entitled to the own views on the afterlife.

HI,

Like you said - everyone is entitled their own views and I agree. But when peoples view consist of buddhism practices which is nothing more than a single man's point of view and not spiritual.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

"- two people (two separate beings) who allegedly had the same spirit. This is impossible."

I know I am not fully awake yet, but help me here. How can you state this as Fact?

The two beings of which You mentioned were not alive Physically at the same time. Why could they NOT share the same Spirit?

Just seeking some clarification. Syx.

Because at the resurrection everyone who has ever lived will be resurrected for judgement so how can these two ALLEGED people (whom some think can have the same spirit) resurrect at the exact same time?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join