It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.Ron.Hubbard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why is it that scientology is instantly thought of when that name is stated? I never read scientology and to be honest am not really sure what to make of those against it. I remember L. Ron for his "Mission Earth" works- Volume 1,The Invaders Plan, Volume 2 Black Genesis, and Volume 3, The Enemy Within...nine or ten in all I think, its been awhile.

I wish I had a picture or link to show the first drawing...
A human hand , with a spiked wristband clutching a globe, thrust above the clouds. and flying behind it, a formation of ten jets forming a wedge.

here the picture

www.galaxypress.com...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have never read much of Scientology material, although I knew a couple of people who were seriously into it (there was a Scientology temple next to campus), and after talking to them, I decided that was one theology I wanted to distance myself from.

Lets just say, the way these guys were talking, I would rather get into the Moonie cult or Raelians.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The movie ''Phenomenon'' with John Travolta(he is a scientoligist) ...there's a certain scene where Travolta and the woman he's with(?) talk about the visitation (i think) any way..if the scene in which they speak is played backward, they talk of L.Ron Hubbard......

here's the link..

www.reversespeech.com...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can believe the small comments and references throughout the movie being in reference to scientology (there are several hollywood bigwigs who are scientologists)... However the theme song reverse thing I really dont believe.

The same thing was said of Judas Priest in one of thier songs, after a teen committed suicide and the parents tried to blame it on the music. During the trial, the best that the prosecution could come up with was one 2 second part of a song that when played backwards said "Do it"... that was until the bands sound engineer, using the court equipment, played the entire album backwards, and it was found that a combination of chance sounds in the music combined to form a whole host of things that sounds. Unfortunately, none of them said a thing about any kind of satanic message.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Remember that Tool song, Aenima... think it says
# L Ron Hubbard and # all his clones.
lol

I just use to always see commericals for his book Dianetics.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Man you guys hijacked my thread! JK great replies, but has anyone read his fictional works not related to scientology BS?

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I read a couple of his books... he did allude very much to the Illuminati/Cabal.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hey that looks like a good read, Invaders Plan, I think I might pick it up

Orson Scott Card is mah hero! LOL

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Go for it, its great, but I recommend reading them in order. It will make better sence that way.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
oh but being confused is half the fun

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yep, I`m a fully fledged sinner I`ve read quite a bit by dear old L.Ron and do you know what? He is possibly the one author I recommend you don`t read. The storys are n`t that terrible but the way he writes is a crime against man. If it was a choice between joining the scientologists and reading that crap again, hell I`d have go with the wackos....

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Cassini, going to have to agree with you here, Hubbard is straight terrible. Just abid by the lyrics in Aenima. And has anyone here seen Battlefield Earth?!?!?!
Possibly one of the worst movies ever made.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
only covered like the first 3 chapters of the book! The book is much better... I've read other Hubbard fiction as well...not bad.

Sorry Advisor, but as I live right next to Scientology HQ, felt I had to comment on it. It's basically over-hyped self-help psychology (and rather amateur psychology at that) dressed up to be a tax-free religion and business enterprise. I've also read Dianetics, etc. (part of my hobby of studying other religions), and man, has it got some strange concepts. The underlying concept is that everything that is holding you back in life, in the result of an "engram", caused by something bad that happened to you during an "unconscious" moment. The goal of dianetic teaching, is to ultimately become "clear" of all of these engrams, and be a happier, more productive person. How does one become a "clear"? Why, through expensive dianetic courses, of course...
Similar to churches granting "salvation" for large donations, etc.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A few years ago I helped to deprogram a girl who had spent a couple of years at the headquarters of Scientology in East Grinstead in the UK.

She literally had to escape from the building with our help and we had to let her stay in our house for 6 months to get her sorted out. She had no money and also a real problem dealing with the real world. For the first week, I wasn't even allowed to talk to her - not even to say hello (and it was my home!!!).

I don't blame Hubbard but rather the people who work for him. They took an OK concept and managed to completely mess it up. Once money became involved their system became corrupt. This girl used to work 12 hour days doing crappy jobs around their place and in return she received programming and bed and board. Nothing else. She reckoned that even if she had been in jail, conditions would have been better.
Eventually she got a job, a boyfriend and saved some cash and the last I saw of her she was headed off on a trip around the world. She was still weirded out a little but we reckoned that the trip would let her sort herself out. Since leaving school she hadn't been allowed to go anywhere on her own. She needed to taste life to shake off the last vestiges of what Scientology had done to her.

I sometimes wonder about her. But I kinda got the feeling she's doing OK now.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I liked Battlefield Earth! Both the book and movie ... Downloading the movie right now!

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Dude. You need a life.
Battlefield Earth has to be one of the suckiest movies ever.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
growing up in the 60's in Boston I had a great deal of hands on experience with the cult of Scientology they acquired vast amounts of capital and purchased a beautifull building in Kenmore Square [just around the corner from Fenway Park, home of the Redsox, who are doing well this year] here is where they would induct, seduce, and brainwash misguided college youth and runaways into their Jim Jones like Temple.
in the late 70's and early 80's they reappeared in force in Europe
based in France I belive. Where they managed to seduce the seducer ie: Tom Cruise who would later donate 25 million dollars for constuction of the Library and Tomb of old Ron.
in the late 80"s a clown, a friend of mine, recommended Dianetics by Hubbard as one of the greatest books he ever read, well it was nothing like the bible and exceedinglly tedious consisting of written rules for brain washing. it's only redemming quality was to impart an interesting practice to elimiate mental blocks in your mind that may be preventing you from total recall of your consciousness, self hypnosis or literal brainwashing, causing it to come clean and reveal a new slate so to speak. that could then be re-written
at any rate it was long, boring, and a task to read through and that was the last time i accepted a book from the clown, i was even angry at him for awhile.
now here's the rest of the story!
in the early 90's i lived in Eureka, Ca. behind the Redwood Curtain and had a position in transportation. the company was contracted to transport some unusual equipment of inordinate size to a location on the southern coast line of Cape Mendocino over looking the Pacific [ the most violent of oceans] and I personally was to bring it there.
now i have been there often for it is one of my favorite places to go camping on the banks of the Matole River just east of Petolia and there is an Old Man there named Benie and we have history together from the North Slope, well anyway.
if you look at an atlas you'll the road that travels down the Cape and just after the road turns east in land to Petrolia there is a gate with a cattle guard and a combination lock the road rises steeply up a grassy hill about 2000 above sea level and enters a large flat grassy area that is cultivated with different strains of grass to depicit two triangles interlocked and over lapping at the base and the apex"s facing east and west covering an area of about a square mile. beyond this plateau are three large redwood buildings a barn, a house for the keeper, and an office. At this point the road ascended up an intensely steep grade for about another 7-8 hundred feet and leveled off. There was an impressive pyramidical shaped building made out of concrete with walls over a foot thick the building looked like the bow of a ship pointing out toward the pacific. the top floor was a large area with various geometrcially
shaped areas separated by open walls imiatating abstract cubicles, if that makes sense? below was a floor that had a few normal sized rooms and then stairs that led down to an enormous garage large enough to house two semi-tractor trailers comfortably, it also faced the ocean'
at the back wall of the garage were two large stainless steel doors with a indestructable [?] combination lock beyond these was a large 12 foot square foyer lined in white marble with another set of stainless steel doors, quite ornate.
on the other side was a tunnel that descended into the mountain
at a slight angle, reminded me of the shaft in the Pyramid at Giza that leads to the kings chamber. i did not go beyond here.
however there were two concrete workers there that were more than willing to tell what little they knew. the shaft was dug out by a seperate crew of two, the iron for the building and subteranian compound was installed by another small crew,
and the crew of two that i was talking to was installing concrete and ventilation security and shafts. the tunnel descended, i was told, about half a mile into the hill with large rooms about 2000 square feet in size shooting off on either side with rooms off of rooms. In short enough space to support a lot of people. at the end of the shaft was a tomb for old ron and a library for all his original works, and this is where the loyal elite were going to remain while the battle for earth raged outside, the plateau below is a landing strip for e.t.'s to spot during their approach and the elite scientologists live happily ever after! now you know where you can find tom cruise after the war.
the construction has been going on for over a decade, the locals don't pay much attention and think it's whacky, the work crews are not local and come and go in small groups.
i think it's a hell of a way to spend money!

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wasn't even going to get into the ET connection, etc. (as many Scientologists can't seem to distinguish between the fiction and non-fiction written by Hubbard).

I can tell you read Dianetics....tedius is a good description, as is repetitive... If you've read the first 3 chapters, you've read the book pretty much...

Just to clarify....I too thought Battlefield Earth sucked as a movie, but the book is excellent (despite the 2 billion times the word "leverage" is used).

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
See what I mean! LOL

I don't even care about scientology, I don't concider it a religion either! I was just wondering if you all have read his Mission Earth dekalogy, none the less great stories about the off brand cult he started. I guess L.Ron has effected many one way or another.

For all you who seem to have a distaste for Mr. Hubbard, thats your opinions, but lets see you write and sell an International Bestseller with over 1,200,000 copies sold, and thats just hardcover!

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I said his fiction was pretty good....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join