It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

A couple other reasons to not trust the infected:

- They may attempt to hide their symptoms to avoid stigma, making it spread only faster.
- Psychosis has been previously observed in Ebola cases, including "zombie-like" behavior.(ABCNews Article)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: Destinyone

I'm afraid I'm still not getting it. You mean, then, trusting them as in trusting they either know or don't they have ebola?
I've certainly considered it a possibility in my own current health crisis. But I assume after many blood tests, I wouldn't have been released from the hospital if I had it.

@Paxnatus: Is the test available to the public, and do you know where it can be purchased?
thanks.
tetra

Hi CVS pharmacy guy. Can I get a couple of them 'bola test kits?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Well I wouldn't trust it's ok to be near one. I think that's what was meant

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Patrick Sawyer action when he was told to have ebola

Former Finance Ministry Consultant who died from Ebola had an ‘Indiscipline’ Encounter with Nurses after being told he had Ebola; He denied making contact with any suspected case and ran amok when Medical Authorities at the First Consultants Hospital in Lagos tried to contain him; A last-ditch Evacuation effort was blocked by ECOWAS and the Nigerian government

Front page africa

So denial and aggressive behaviour can lead to more infections.

Also made an thread worth looking
Ebola & DARPA and Critical Questions About the Pandemic

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: systemic.aberration

A couple other reasons to not trust the infected:

- They may attempt to hide their symptoms to avoid stigma, making it spread only faster.
- Psychosis has been previously observed in Ebola cases, including "zombie-like" behavior.(ABCNews Article)

And that as well

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jollyjollyjolly

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: Destinyone

I'm afraid I'm still not getting it. You mean, then, trusting them as in trusting they either know or don't they have ebola?
I've certainly considered it a possibility in my own current health crisis. But I assume after many blood tests, I wouldn't have been released from the hospital if I had it.

@Paxnatus: Is the test available to the public, and do you know where it can be purchased?
thanks.
tetra

Hi CVS pharmacy guy. Can I get a couple of them 'bola test kits?

I'm waiting for the Red Cross to announce they have an accurate ebola test for all the people who sell their blood for quick cash...

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the information, really.
I will go away and read now, to inform myself. As previously stated, I've been quite ill, so in an information vaccuum, of sorts. Apologies to Snarl for my snappy retort.
May all of you be well, and healthy.
tetra50

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

There are numerous stories of patients fleeing hospitals or hiding their illness.

Here is the information on Sawyer:

Patrick Sawyer's Final Hours in Lagos

Lagos, Nigeria - Barely 24 hours before his death, Patrick Sawyer had a rather strange - and in the words of medical and diplomatic sources here, “Indiscipline” encounter with nurses and health workers at First Consultants Hospital in Obalende, one of the most crowded parts of Lagos, a population of some 21 million inhabitants, FrontPageAfrica has learned.

Looking to get to the bottom of Sawyer’s strange ailment on the Asky Airline flight, which Sawyer transferred on in Togo, hospital officials say, he was tested for both malaria and HIV AIDS. However, when both tests came back negative, he was then asked whether he had made contact with any person with the Ebola Virus, to which Sawyer denied. Sawyer’s sister, Princess had died of the deadly virus on Monday, July 7, 2014 at the Catholic Hospital in Monrovia. On Friday, July 25, 2014, 18 days later, Sawyer died in Lagos.

... authorities at the First Consultants Hospital in Obalende decided that despite Sawyer’s denial, they would test him for Ebola, due to the fact that he had just arrived from Liberia, where there has been an outbreak of the disease with more than 100 deaths.

The hospital issued a statement this week stating that Sawyer was quarantined immediately after he was discovered to have been infected with the deadly virus...

...upon being told he had Ebola, Mr. Sawyer went into a rage, denying and objecting to the opinion of the medical experts. “He was so adamant and difficult that he took the tubes from his body and took off his pants and urinated on the health workers, forcing them to flee.

The hospital would later report that it resisted immense pressure to let out Sawyer from its hospital against the insistence from some higher-ups and conference organizers that he had a key role to play at the ECOWAS convention in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

So not only did you have Sawyer deny he had any known contact with Ebola, he also continued to deny it after testing positive and went into a rampage. Note also the political strings he tried to pull.

First Consultants said that it then went further to reach senior officials in the Office of the Secretary of Health of the USA who assisted it with contacts at the Centre for Disease Control and W.H.O Regional Laboratory Centre in Senegal. According to the hospital, the initial results from LUTH laboratory showed a signal of possible Ebola virus, but required confirmation.

The First Consultants statement noted that it was able to obtain confirmation of Ebola virus disease, (Zaire strain) after working with the state, federal and international agencies. Sawyer was pronounced dead at 6:50 AM Nigeria time, on July 25 and all agencies were properly notified.

In the aftermath of Sawyer’s death, diplomatic, ECOWAS and medical authorities here are baffled over Sawyer’s deception, especially armed with new information that his sister, Princess had died of the deadly virus and his denial. Finance Ministry sources in Monrovia are in quiet murmur over what they feel was a letdown by Sawyer for not being forthcoming with his peers he worked with.

One part denial. One part deception. One part panic.

FACT: Sawyer's case is directly responsible for the current 6 other known cases in Nigeria.

edit on 7-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: loam
SUPER-DUPER SPECULATION: When we saw Brantly transported to Emory, that was not him. He was either transported at another time, by other means, or to another place.

Here.

I read that actually. Never did post it. An article was speculating he was instead taken to USAMRIID in Fort Detrick, Md
edit on 7-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

I don't have the link where I read it. It was when he was en route

Anyways I think his transport into the US would be the same the lady got, at Bangor airport in Maine ( formerly DOW AFB) It's the gateway into America after all

link   

Apologies to Snarl for my snappy retort.

Think nothing of it, my friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Here we are being told Emory was equipped in the most advanced way to treat an ebola case, and they had the guy jump out of an ambulance almost by himself...with a single attendant...walking across gravel...passing piled lumber along the way.....and into a single door emergency exit in the back of the hospital.

Wow. Just, wow.

That's some pretty fancy protocol with the US' first ever ebola patient.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Extra stupid conspiracy theory: people in Africa have been deliberately infected.

Poor source: something I read many years ago, around 1997, the NWO plan was to wipe out the African population, it was speculated there is never really a plan to feed starving children there. Supplies are dropped off, but never delivered ( fact). That they would let diseases fester and to keep sanitation poor. Being planned by America and the United Nations. Those are the key players. One and the same.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have a question about this whole thing. My sister who is a nurse and used to work for the health dept. brought this up in a conversation we had, what is the name of this strain? I've heard its close to Zaire,but a different strain. Okay,as SOON as a new virus or strain is discovered,it is named by the area it was found in. So what strain IS this? Its strange that they haven't released a name for it yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
much has be written about the fact that US researchers have a field centre close to the outbreak site - and even more extrapoloated from this co-incidence

so a question - where would YOU site a field research centre studying heamoragic fevers :

a - in an area of Africa where historic outbreaks have occurred

b - in Alaska - home to zero heamoragic fever incidents

well ?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: violet

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Here we are being told Emory was equipped in the most advanced way to treat an ebola case, and they had the guy jump out of an ambulance almost by himself...with a single attendant...walking across gravel...passing piled lumber along the way.....and into a single door emergency exit in the back of the hospital.

Wow. Just, wow.

That's some pretty fancy protocol with the US' first ever ebola patient.

Another thing odd about that is the usual protocol for a patient is to be transferred via stretcher or wheelchair (should something happen , like he falls) .

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Also, Ebola can cause personality changes in a person, it is distantly related to Measles,Mumps and RABIES.
Ebola patients have been known to become belligerent and combative during later stages. It effects the mind causing psychosis in some people. This is part of the reason people will run off from a hospital and refuse treatment and fight those trying to help them.

The relatives doing it is just because they believe that the doctors are GIVING it to the patients instead of curing them.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This just published moments ago from an African source:

The events in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea are showing that contact with an infected person's bodily fluid or blood may not be the only means of transmission of the disease.

Link.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I wonder if it could ever get to a point in which society see's a virus as just too dangerous for the whole and starts incinerating everyone affected.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Video worth watching and for discussion.

Made in late June. (Warning for the squeamish.)

And one from NOVA, made a year ago.

There are some surprising things in these videos.

Also compare what you are hearing today, versus what is said in these videos. Not quite the same narrative.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I wonder if it could ever get to a point in which society see's a virus as just too dangerous for the whole and starts incinerating everyone affected.

Instead of guns. Blow torches

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join