It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen faces life in jail for making pot brownies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
A meth addict, or any hardcore addict is more likely to kill, or rob someone then a pothead. There are no withdrawals symptoms with pot, while there is a ton with those other drugs. Also, meth, crack, coc aine, heroine, whateva smack is made with a whole bunch of chemicals. Making those drug are way more dangerous then converting stems and oil into brownies.
Also, drug tests can only target pot, cause THC stays in the fats, while the other just flush right through their system.

I know people who are recreational heroine users, I also know people who became alcoholics while I drink and did not become one....

Do you agree that as THC stays in the fat it has a continuous effect on the brain? Not at a high level but does reduce many desirable traits, like ambition. I had a friend who was extremely smart, wanted to be a writer, but would rather smoke pot than eat....guess how his life turned out?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
For one the meth can kill you also there is a good chance of blowing up your house while making it. Neither of those things can happen while making pot brownies.

Hey, you would need to work really hard to over dose on acid too, I guess acid brownies are also ok. Its not the pot it is a TEEN with the pot, and that it happens to be illegal. Come to my state and smoke all you want, if you are 21.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Sorry buster you are wrong.
denver.cbslocal.com...

Everyone knows a hash oil explosion is much cooler than a meth explosion, geez...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: thesaneone
That was the process of making hash oil not making brownies. He already had the oil he wasn't making the oil itself he was making brownies. There is no chance of blowing your house up if you are just making brownies just like I said. The article in the OP said the kid was making brownies not the oil itself. I suggest you should reread the article maybe you will understand it better.

Would it be ok if I cook already made meth into brownies...now we are all happy right?

edit on 7-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
Meth and pot are not the same. There's a huge difference between baking some pot brownies and cooking up a batch of meth. Not even getting into the effects of the drugs themselves, making meth is much more dangerous than cooking some pot brownies.

Are both processes illegal where this kid lives?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Well you let this pos get aways with killing 4.

Ethan Couch

Apparently he was too rich to jail.

We are talking about a law where it is illegal to have hash oil, so how does you post connect to that?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately, in prison happy 'merica, he will have lots of company if he serves time.

From Vox

Twitter and Reddit user @MetricMaps has developed a GIF that shows the steady rise of America’s state and federal prison population from 1978 to 2012. The map shows that the South — and Nevada — were leaders in increasing incarceration, but that most of the rest of the country has followed.

Incarceration rates are mostly due to government policies, not to crime rates — that’s true at the national level, and it’s true for differences between states as well. And because most of the US prison population is housed in state prisons, state laws, in particular, are the biggest factor in the rise of mass incarceration — and differences between similar states can be explained by differences in their laws.

Prohibition can't end soon enough.
source

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
You're just being argumentative and no marijuana isn't illegal where I'm from (Montana and Oregon) at least on a state level. The feds are ass clowns in every respect so I'll not even give them credit for their idiocy. Your comparison was obviously made out of ignorance and I just don't have time to volley arguments with someone that doesn't even know the difference between meth and marijuana. Good luck with your trolling. I again suggest you do a little research into the advantages of this plant and not just recite what you see on your television. Good luck!

edit on 26p20142014k1426uThursdayThursday by spookysully because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic
a reply to: toastyr

Pot is safer than water? Oh Really?

You mean there is no tar in that smoke? You mean the medical effects of THC are not harmful to the brain development of the young? It may be without serious harm to adults, but developing brains won't be the least bit changed in any way from profound chemical balance changes and more? This is now the narrative being pushed to believe? Really???

I'll agree with anyone here that the dangers of the stuff were proven to be overblown in ridiculous ways as far back as the Blue Ribbon commission charged with investigating it under President Richard Nixon. Calling it "safer than water" is dangerously misinformed or chasing a campaign to achieve an end result by any means needed, honest or not though. Lets stay somewhere inside the lines of honesty at least.

Legalization is a winning argument, using just honest points. The rest will kill the whole effort by misplaced enthusiasm.

The plant is safer, prove otherwise. Thousands of drownings per year and flood related deaths, no deaths from marijuana in thousands of years, go figure.

There's also this: Strange but True: DrinkingDrinking Too Much Water Can Kill

How about the LD50 comparison? Did you even compare the two?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: toastyr

You mean there is no tar in that smoke? You mean the medical effects of THC are not harmful to the brain development of the young? It may be without serious harm to adults, but developing brains won't be the least bit changed in any way from profound chemical balance changes and more? This is now the narrative being pushed to believe? Really???

I'll agree with anyone here that the dangers of the stuff were proven to be overblown in ridiculous ways as far back as the Blue Ribbon commission charged with investigating it under President Richard Nixon. Calling it "safer than water" is dangerously misinformed or chasing a campaign to achieve an end result by any means needed, honest or not though. Lets stay somewhere inside the lines of honesty at least.

Legalization is a winning argument, using just honest points. The rest will kill the whole effort by misplaced enthusiasm.

The plant is safer, prove otherwise. Thousands of drownings per year and flood related deaths, no deaths from marijuana in thousands of years, go figure.
?

Here's an example on how weed can kill.

www.denverpost.com...

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana but let's be honest people can have a bad reaction to anything including weed.

The whole water example was weak, by that thinking my handgun is safer then air, water and marijuana because it has never caused harm to anyone.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: toastyr

?

Here's an example on how weed can kill.

www.denverpost.com...

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana but let's be honest people can have a bad reaction to anything including weed.

The whole water example was weak, by that thinking my handgun is safer then air, water and marijuana because it has never caused harm to anyone.

Wow, the weed didn't do any killing, it was the damage done from the fall. If he had been on the ground floor, this wouldn't be news.

Look up the LD50 on a handgun so we can discuss this accurately.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Sounds like suicide to me if it wasnt for how he acted. His behavior doesnt sound typical for weed. Makes it sound like some other drugs involved. I feel likesome information is missing on the story like an argument or something. It makes no sense. Not saying a person cant do something weird while high but it doesnt fit with effects of cannabis. There are a small number of people who have some psychosis reactions but i couldnt imagine it being enough to make someone die first time.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well you let this pos get aways with killing 4.

Ethan Couch

Apparently he was too rich to jail.

We are talking about a law where it is illegal to have hash oil, so how does you post connect to that?

Actually there is a very good point!

The point is Texas is really warped and screwed up when it lets a killer of 4 off yet wants to jail a kid over pot.

I agree he broke the law however stupid that law may be, but hard times absurd!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

I have seen a few daily smokers eat a brownie for the first time and have a total breakdown because they underestimated how much stronger edibles are compared to smoking it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Too much of good thing becomes a bad thing. Its called moderation.

Alcoholics can become violent, while Heroine, meth, and crack addicts can become ugly. While potheads, can be the indolent, Sloths.

As for your friend who was extremely smart, and smoked pot. Didn't seem he was to smart. Besides, being a writer like being a watchmaker these days. No one hires writers anymore.

I know people who went to university, and some in the college I went to who passed with flying colours and they smoked.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Idk, I don't live in the states, and each drug is different. Weed is just the easiest to find tho, compared to the others since it stays much longer. I kno on the regular, pot can stay in your urine for at least 30 days.

I found a timetable which shows how long most drugs stay in the system, mainly urine.
www.passyourdrugtest.com...

I kno that the most accurate way to tell if someone has taken a drug, is by testing the hair, or what they do to for pilot drug test, something about the spine.

But like I said, pots the easiest of all them to trace and find. It smells, its bulky and green, while others are no different then an advil and can be ingested very quickly, without one noticing.

edit on 8-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Weed can cause an anxiety attack. But anxiety attacks dont generally behave in such a way.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SUBKONCIOUS

GEORGETOWN, Texas — A 19-year-old Texas man who could face years in prison for making brownies laced with marijuana and hash oil..

ummm... seriously? this scares the crap out me since I am currently living in Austin... and i just moved here from a part of Oakland, CA which is literally referred to as Oaksterdam... where you can buy weed brownies, hash oil, and just about anything else THC related, with no medical prescription necessary.. Come on Texas.... 5 - Life is just ridiculous for this sort of offense... time to update your drug laws..

Jus Sayin

-SuB

Are you serious?

You move to a state that does not have any form of legal weed and knowing this you are surprised and outraged over someone breaking Texas's weed laws and getting the appropriate sentence for the crime?

Dude.. if anyone doesn't need to smoke weed it's you because obviously it's effecting your ability to reason and see things clearly.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The point is Texas is really warped and screwed up when it lets a killer of 4 off yet wants to jail a kid over pot.
I agree he broke the law however stupid that law may be, but hard times absurd!

That is why we are a Republic, live in the State that best fits your views.... It is really hard to compare any case much less totally unrelated cases. There are so many factors that determine the outcome you would need to dissect each one in a law school class envornment to even start to get an idea what went on.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

You think life is an alpropriate sentence? Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join