It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen faces life in jail for making pot brownies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This is terrible for this teeny bopper. I however think this case will be a major game changer for the entire U.S.

There are Rx and over the counter drugs more dangerous that require an id.

Those of you who think that the terms of his agreement aren't important don't realise that once you are in the system, they make money off of you and want to keep you in their clutches.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SUBKONCIOUS
a reply to: elementalgrove

Yes, will do... it's crazy to me how different it's perceived here.. In Oakland, with a simple medical recommendation you are allowed to grow 72 plants legally... I can't even imagine what the penalty in Texas would be for that..

City of Oakland

Ordinance: Indoors -- Up to 72 plants with up to 32 square feet of canopy

lmao 72 how the hell did they come up with that number most cops couldn't count that high anyways lol

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Are you actually comparing marijuana to meth?... I can't even get my head around this comparison and I think with a little bit of investigation, you'd see how ridiculous this sounds. IMHO of course.

I've used marijuana for my osteoarthritis and would advise anyone suffering the same, to do likewise. The horrible pills they will offer are addictive and do so much damage to your body they come with stern warnings...

Not to sound mean but comparing this plant to meth is simply ignorant.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is stupid. Ive known personally ofsomeone who only got a few months jailtime for repeated assault, rape and an attempted murder but here we have someone facing life for something that should be a lesser crime. Although i should note the age difference is a few years. If youre under 18 you literally can get away with murder if youre still a teen but over 18 or early twentie something the law tries to make examples of these people and take advantage of them.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

yep you just have love the whole prison for profit system...not

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Prison votes is probably a very good reason for this, but isn't it time people protested at the ludicrous and utterly unfair way the law is manipulated by big pharma. Cookies laced with marijuana is such a petty thing and sentences that ruin someone's life should reflect a very serious degree of crime - not a cookery naughty!

The whole concept of prison is wrong, it should be a corrective institute and one that allows people who have not benefitted from education and training a change to get these things. Once 'corrected' and able to support themselves in some capacity, surely a person should be released and the slate marked clean.

Obviously some crimes are so heinous that this course is inappropriate but are huge prison blocks for petty crime a clever way of administering the law in the 21st century?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Obviously some crimes are so heinous that this course is inappropriate but are huge prison blocks for petty crime a clever way of administering the law in the 21st century?
a reply to: Shiloh7

no...but the whole world is a business ...those who makes the laws and enforce them are only part of the problem...

this i think is where people get confused...yes we have developed technology and it is getting better everyday but sadly we have not addressed people...we are pretty much taught how to live just like it was in the middle ages,our way of thinking has not caught up with the advances

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

Yes change the laws, but further change the system. We live in a system where longer sentences actually pay the private corporations that run the jails/prisons. There have been numerous judges exposed that have been getting payouts from the corporations to incarcerate those who break the law in one fashion or another.

Change the laws yes, but until the laws and the system are changed, expect draconian punishment from them.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Does the fact that a teen is making pot brownies bother anyone else but me? Hell I live in Washington state and it bothers me. What is the difference in this if the teen was cooking up meth in his kitchen instead of making pot brownies?

Because who is he going to hurt other than himself?

what the point in jailing him? For his own protection?.

What the logic when the state lets this POS walk free after killing 4 people cause he was "too rich to jail" ?

Really where is the logic here!
edit on 7-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agreed, he is comparing apples to oranges. Who was this teen putting in danger by making some yummy special brownies? Absolutely nobody. Totally ridiculous to even be mentioning prison time at all.

Peac.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is not about the drug law. This is respect for any law whatsoever. There is no way a person could live in Texas of all states, and NOT understand this law still exists there and it's not an afterthought. Texas means every last word of it.

I have sympathy with the whole move to make this stuff legal but no one has the right to just make up the law as they feel like it should be, whenever they feel like it. Drugs or otherwise. Change the law, don't just pretend like you're so incredibly smart and special that it does not apply.

It does apply and someone will be given a free place to live for years to consider a basic respect for rule of law. It isn't that hard a concept, even for a 19yr old.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Thata all well and good expect Texas seems to have double and warped legal standards when a drunk driver that kills 4 gets off and someone else goes to jail for making brownies.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Where did you hear Texas lets people walk away for DUI homicide?

US Vehicular Homicide Laws

A drunk SOB in Texas will have between 2 and 20 years in state prison to consider why they shouldn't have gotten drunk before killing their fellow citizens. Texas is not a state where law is fuzzy or mushy. Their motto is "Don't mess with Texas" and unlike most states? They really mean that and act it out every day.
edit on 8/7/2014 by MrCynic because: I fixed a broken link

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic

Where did you hear Texas lets people walk away for DUI homicide?

US Vehicular Homicide Laws

A drunk SOB in Texas will have between 2 and 20 years in state prison to consider why they shouldn't have gotten drunk before killing their fellow citizens. Texas is not a state where law is fuzzy or mushy. Their motto is "Don't mess with Texas" and unlike most states? They really mean that and act it out every day.

Well you let this pos get aways with killing 4.

Ethan Couch

Apparently he was too rich to jail.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Texas cannot be blamed if they have some good defense lawyers and bad judges. Is the UK perfect in how it administers justice in every case to be decided? I am sure it is not.

What does that have to do with a 19 year old individual in Texas choosing to ignore the law for whatever reason he thought he could?

I don't like stopping for a red light during a right turn. When no one is around why should I? No one is hurt if I don't! Stupid law. Lets ignore it! Now that I think about it, I don't care for the law that says I cannot smoke a cigarette in the open air of a public beach or park in some states. If no one is within 50 feet, why should I follow that law? Stupid law! Let's just ignore whatever we think is stupid and see how that works out for us.

Just like this guy did.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Texas cannot be blamed if they have some good defense lawyers and bad judges. Is the UK perfect in how it administers justice in every case to be decided? I am sure it is not.

What does that have to do with a 19 year old individual in Texas choosing to ignore the law for whatever reason he thought he could?

I don't like stopping for a red light during a right turn. When no one is around why should I? No one is hurt if I don't! Stupid law. Lets ignore it! Now that I think about it, I don't care for the law that says I cannot smoke a cigarette in the open air of a public beach or park in some states. If no one is within 50 feet, why should I follow that law? Stupid law! Let's just ignore whatever we think is stupid and see how that works out for us.

Just like this guy did.

Its stupid when it is harmless and legal in half a dozen other states to jail him.

Sure a fine? Probation? community order? Fair enough like you would get for the smoking or traffic offences but freaking JAIL!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Huge difference.

Once you and all the other misinformed folks figure out the truth, it'll all be better. We are, after all, referring to one of the most therapeutically safe substances on this planet. If you remove the dangers of prohibition, it is safer than water, sugar, children's Tylenol etc.........

ETA:

Two words, Jury Nullification, there, that'll fix those stupid laws.

edit on 7-8-2014 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

But is a drunk drver worse than someone who hits another on accident while not drunk? What if they are a really bad driver and hit someone? Is a drunk driver who doesnt hit anyone just as gulty as someone who does?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Then by all means, come on over and help the citizens in the Great State of Texas change that stupid law. That is the one and only way this country offers to meet this problem.

Disregard for law brings anarchy and it cannot be allowed to stand for the sake of everyone. Attack the laws and get rid of the laws. Don't think you can become your very own law. No nation can ever stand long if people choose to do that by any numbers.

People focus on anything related to pot now in any way, as if the substance is a gift from God himself with our names on it and anyone who dare interfere in any form are to be removed or shouted down. That is how society here is getting. All it is doing is very quickly pushing people who have supported this, to second guess that support and question just how good an idea this is after all.

People like this guy will bring a backlash for doing whatever he feels like because his needs overrode any other consideration. You might also check the news for just how dangerous production of this hash oil stuff has become for home efforts blowing homes right off their foundations. Texas was correct here until the law changes. Lets CHANGE it.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Then by all means, come on over and help the citizens in the Great State of Texas change that stupid law. That is the one and only way this country offers to meet this problem.

I think Texas has enough immigrants at the moment don't ya think ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join