It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Only All Politicians Were This Honest After Winning An Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with this guy but what he does after winning an election is priceless and rare.

"Politicians who win campaigns, no matter how dirty, will almost always kiss and make up with their political opponents in their election-night speeches.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), of course, is not your average politician.

After defeating a Chamber of Commerce-backed candidate in his primary by 14 percentage points on Tuesday, the Ron Paul ally set about settling a few scores."* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

If I lived in Michigan I'd vote for him. A friend of Ron Paul is a friend of mine.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Libertarians are great opponents. IMO they sit just to the left of center. I don't entirely disagree with their POV on many issues. They're more conservative than some RINOs like McCain and Rubio ... but they still sit left of center.

Any discernible change in American politics is a step forward. I would hope Amash is able to sway more Democrats his way than Republicans (except the RINOs of course). Let's see if a couple of Tea Partiers can make it to their feet and change what remains of the political paradigm.

Good on Amash.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Love it!

As the years pass, I find myself becoming more of a combination conservative-libertarian. Perhaps we can start a libertarian party that doesn't have nutcases for candidates?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is a bogus, GOP institution that hides behind the facade of being a an actual government agency. It does nothing but spin right-wing talking points and funnel money from unknown sources to GOP candidates.

This is great news, that an independent candidate was able to take down a Chamber of Commerce backed establishment GOP crony. That must have been a tough grass roots battle going up against that sort of funding.

BTW love Young Turks host Cenk Uygur, he was TOO GOOD for MSM. He tells it like it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffTurkenton

I find it funny what some people think of as right wing.... or even conservative at times. But hey!

top topics

join