It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu asks US to help Israel avoid war crime charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, this is unsurprising...

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked US lawmakers Wednesday to help fend off Palestinian claims that his country engaged in “war crimes” while defending itself against attacks from Gaza, one top lawmaker told The Post.

Netanyahu asked the delegation to help Israel stay out of the International Criminal Court, where its attacks on Gaza could come under scrutiny — even while responding to Hamas rockets fired at Israeli urban centers.

Palestinian leaders are getting ready to join the ICC, and met with officials in the Hague recently to discuss the implications of joining.

“The prime minister asked us to work together to ensure that this strategy of going to the ICC does not succeed,” Rep. Israel told the Post by phone from Tel Aviv.

Netanyahu “wants the US to use all the tools that we have at our disposal to, number one, make sure the world knows that war crimes were not committed by Israel, they were committed by Hamas. And that Israel should not be held do a double standard,” the congressman said.

nypost.com...

I have nothing much to add. But i will say that i think it is a pretty disgusting move to use the US to absolve Israel from war crime charges. I am expecting the US to aid Israel in this circumstance, much how they have aided Israel in the past. Hopefully, Palestine is successful in entering the ICC...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Hopefully, Palestine is successful in entering the ICC...

I certainly hope this is the case.

Most of the world already condemns the actions of Israel. And I don't think it would surprise many at all if Israel were charged, tried, and convicted of war crimes due to the pain and death they have inflicted on countless thousands of innocent people.

Just the fact that Netanyahu's "Demands" above were made public relatively quickly is a good sign. If the U.S. were indeed intending to go along and "Erase" (for lack of a better term) Israel's war crimes, we wouldn't be hearing about this at all.

Just the fact that this is public now, makes the chances of the U.S. being used in this manner - almost non-existent

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Israel always uses the US (and our tax dollars) to clean up its messes. And why not ask US for help - We've kept Gdub, Cheney, and Obama away from the war crimes tribunal - our track record is solid!

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I wonder how many???
How many children have to be murdered before it will be considered a war crime?
How many schools must be blown up before it is considered a war crime??
How many hospitals must be blown up before it is considered a war crime??
How many (insert whatever that the terrorists have certainly blown up) must be blown up before it is considered a war crime??
The israeli terrorists murdered children, what more needs to be said?
I know hamas bad guys and all, at least they are not dropping the hammer on babies.
In short, if hamas is the bad guys, and the israelis do worse, what does that make the israelis??

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
And uncle scam will willingly oblige.. after all uncle scam arms and finances israel ... the u.s is just as damn guilty and should be charged as accomplices to israels crimes against humanity ..

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If America isn't smart enough to the point that we can second guess Israel then how are we smart enough to help them avoid these charges? Maybe Israel should go it alone this time and show America that they can wear their big boy pants.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh America will do it.
The president and the congress will wipe and lick the hineys of Israel on you tube if necessary

What their doing is preparing for what they will have to do in hell!

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How many innocent women and children have died by the hands of the US war machine? All of the drone strikes? I am sure the US will have no problem helping to get this swept under the carpet.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Oh America will do it.
The president and the congress will wipe and lick the hineys of Israel on you tube if necessary

What their doing is preparing for what they will have to do in hell!

You are spot on. I actually consider Israel the America of the middle east. We will agree to defend them, and the keep control of the neighboring countries with aid and weapons supplied by the US.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If war crimes were not committed as the Israel PM suggests then what have Israel got to fear from the ICC?
edit on 6-8-2014 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I have hard time to believe this news is but a sort of a joke. Israel would never go open this way, and de facto admit their doings. Little did they do so last time when spraying the same hood with white phosphorus, nor when picking up kids for unsolicited organ donations. They are smarter devils than that.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lol asking America to defend them from war crimes!!

We have been committing war crimes since our inception! Which I suppose is not unlike Israel

Perhaps Barry can help BIBI get his first nobel peace prize out of all this!

You know that whole war = peace ideology

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmWednesday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'll help you with those pesky charges once you repay all of the American tax dollars used to build your war machine.

Deal?

Deal!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Israel is the American 51st state.
And that’s no exaggeration; it’s a de facto state of the US.

Of course it shouldn’t be, since it pays no taxes.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The IDF and the international media have overwhelming evidence captured on video clearly illustrating that Hamas was in fact using human shields and exploiting UN facilities, hospitals, schools, mosques, and residential areas to shield missile launchers and store weapons while they were deliberately targeting Israeli civilians. Furthermore, the IDF tried to warn civilians in advance of military strikes, putting their own soldiers at risk in the process.

If the ICC can provide a viable alternative whereby a country can respond to missile attacks on their civilian population from a vile enemy under those circumstances without causing collateral damage, then by all means, charge Israel with war crimes. I just hope that the leaders of other sovereign nations will be held to the same standard in the event that they are faced with a similar scenario.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Pretty much says that even that Prime Minister knows that Israel is guilty of a crime. They are trying to skirt the legal system the world has made.

They had a right to fire back but their targets were places that could be considered a war crime. They have some of the most advanced missile systems in the world, they could have avoided hitting those UN places and hospitals.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So, in a nutshell - give me your best damn forked-tongue lawyers to manipulate words and laws to get me off the hook.

I suppose asking the US is only logical - considering Bush Jr, Rumsfeld, Cheney and the rest of them got off from having to front the ICC for war crimes and invading a sovereign nation under false pretenses and killing scores of innocent civilians.

Pathetic

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
For one.. it is interesting to note, that of 122 states which are signatories to the Rome Statute, and members of the ICC.. The US and Israel are not members.. not that that is surprising..

And if this case against Israel ever does see the light of day.. it will most likely come down to public opinion.

Netanyahu “wants the US to use all the tools that we have at our disposal to, number one, make sure the world knows that war crimes were not committed by Israel, they were committed by Hamas

nypost.com...

to "use all of the tools we have at our disposal" - basically the US's ability to control MSM and sway public opinion.. There is no doubt that war crimes were committed.. The question is will the masses be gullible enough to eat up the spin..

Lastly.. since the ICC does not prosecute counties.. and it only prosecutes individuals.. what individual would ultimately be held accountable? Netanyahu?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Too me, this is Netanyahu conceding that Israel has in fact committed war crimes and wants this wrapped up before it even hits the doorstep of the ICC. If they haven't and believe that the claims are baseless why would they ask the USA for help in the first place? If they are that confident that they haven't committed war crimes then this should be and open and shut case on their behalf. Just the fact they are trying to avoid the ICC is a sign they are worried.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Israel is the American 51st state.
And that’s no exaggeration; it’s a de facto state of the US.

Of course it shouldn’t be, since it pays no taxes.
WRONG

Israel has higher Guarantees from the US Gov , than any State in the Union.

Oil Supply.
wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join