It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

e-cigarettes not work for you? try whole tobacco alkaloid e-liquid (WTA) it actually works!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What is WTA? It stands for "Whole Tobacco Alkaloid" e-liquid. It's an e-liquid that contains the total alkaloids found in tobacco. Of course, there's nicotine...that makes up generally 95%, by weight, of the total alkaloids, and the rest are considered "minor alkaloids" which though only making up a small percentage of the drug profile, still have significant effects. Some are MAOIs, others work in synergistic ways with the nicotine (nornicotine, for example, makes the nicotine last longer, or process out of the brain slower) but, all in all, it's tobacco that smokers are addicted to, not simply nicotine. Those dozen or so minor alkaloids make a very real difference. Being "minor" in terms of percentage by weight doesn't correlate with "insignificant" and there are plenty of substances that prove this...a tiny bit of one thing may actually be more potent than a large dose of something else...we all get that. And many of them seem work in an interdependent way.

I think that the initial choice to use nicotine in e-cigarettes, when they were first invented, was essentially based on a short-sighted assumption. That being: "nicotine is the only, or at least primary, addictive substance in cigarettes." It isn't.

www.statepress.com...

So, in effect, e-cigarettes are largely fancy nicotine patches, the way they are primarily used. They are going to have some degree of enhanced efficacy simply due to the factors of inhalation, and hand to mouth...but as far as delivering a true cigarette alternative, no.

In my own experience, I found that I was initially satisfied with the e-cigarette for about 7-10 days...even though I was vaping WAY more than I ever smoked...and then started to sort of lose it. This makes perfect sense in that the minor alkaloids take about that long (or the ones my particular brain chemistry requires) to leave the body. The MAOI effect, essentially.

I know some are going to have issues with the idea of "more chemicals" in this type of e-liquid, but for me, it's all about harm reduction, and there's no question that this is a safer alternative to smoking. There's also no evidence that these minor alkaloids are in themselves harmful...some, such as anatabine show great promise for positive medical uses.

examine.com...

I realize this isn't for everyone. Some people find nicotine-only e-liquid satisfying enough. But many people do not. Individual brain chemistry varies, and the "cocktail" of alkaloids that primarily comprise the drug effect of cigarettes may be a more important factor in some peoples addiction to cigarettes than others.

This thread, on a popular e-cigarette forum, is a compilation of individual testimonies from users of WTA. It's quite compelling. (doesn't get going until the second page.)

(I couldn't get this one to link...so, just search "WTA testimonials" at the forum.

www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

As far as I've been able to determine, there are three companies currently producing and selling WTA e-liquid.

www.aromaejuice.com...

wholecig.com...

www.mothersmilkwta.com...

I put them in the order of time they've been in business. I've used the first two, but haven't tried mothersmilkwta yet.

This is an idea who's time has come, IMO. Possibly not soon enough, due to the upcoming FDA regulations. We shall see.

WTA is the

edit on 6-8-2014 by joechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am in the same cancerous boat (gross mind pic there) and am trying to keep breathing for a few more years, but am heart and soul, addicted.

I had thought the same, re: the other alkaloids (kinda like another leafy smokable and it's dance of chems)... but didn't, 'til now, know that such a brew was available.

Thank you sir or madam...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
S&F for just putting the information out there for those interested. I just passed the year mark for quitting the cigarettes myself. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but so worth it. I wish more people would give ecigs a try. Maybe something like this will help those that have tried and failed the first go round. Anything has to be better than the 5,000 toxins that are in cigarettes.

For those that have tried and failed the first time... You can still do it. You can. You only really fail if you give up trying all together. If I can do it, anybody can do it.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I too started using an ecig too quit the ciggys but after a week felt lost without something, the nicotine was there but my body was craving something else, on the plus side it has cut my smoking down to about 20% of what I used too just need to beat that final hurdle

still using it by the way and not given up hope on it
edit on 7-8-2014 by madmartinez because: added comment

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmartinez
I too started using an ecig too quit the ciggys but after a week felt lost without something, the nicotine was there but my body was craving something else, on the plus side it has cut my smoking down to about 20% of what I used too just need to beat that final hurdle

still using it by the way and not given up hope on it

I vape WTA exclusively and kind of heavily (though I do vape less that when I vaped nic-only) but I've read some people only use it "when needed" like in the mornings, in stressful situations, in the company of smokers...etc. Also, some mix it in with their usual e-liquid (it's kind of expensive) so...I think if you keep the minor alkaloids in your system, and you may be able to do that with regular, but infrequent use...you could probably avoid those last few cigarettes.

I just vape the stuff about how I smoked. Pretty heavily.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I used a an herbal spray that reduced my nicotine cravings. It was the hand mouth habit and the feeling of inhaling something into my lungs that was/has been harder for me to break. I have used zero nicotine e-cigs. My big advice is shop around. All the different e-cigs out their are different. If one isn't working for you, try another.

Also, I should mention, I switched to the organic American Spirits before I went to the e-cig. I think that helped as well.
edit on 7-8-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Just wanted to add that I too, smoke non-additive tobacco... the additives in most standard brands are ... horrible.

American Spirits, though, have refined nicotine "free-base" and so, a whole lot of refined nicotine... so far, Winstons seem to be mostly just the leaf and not too much free-base nic... or some packaged tobacco and hand rolled.

Takles some research and the facts are tough to come across...

edit on 8/7/2014 by Baddogma because: type-o

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The jury is still out on all those flavors that can be added to eliquid too. They could have negative effects themselves. I have been thinking of making my own solution using tobaccco.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The jury is still out on all those flavors that can be added to eliquid too. They could have negative effects themselves. I have been thinking of making my own solution using tobaccco.

That "solution" would be a NET, or "naturally extracted tobacco" flavoring. There are a few companies specializing in this exact thing.

www.want2vape.com...

www.goodejuice.com...

www.vaporshots.com...

WholeCig sells both a concentrated NET flavoring, as well as an NET WTA ready to vape.

At the same time, if you are interested in making your own it's not that difficult and could save you some money.

Here's some directions I found:

blog.v-ecigs.com...

...though I've had better luck grinding the tobacco finely, and using distilled water as my primary solution. It has to be evaporated some, and filtered quite a bit, but works well, quicker and with less heat, than using PG or VG.

edit on 8-8-2014 by joechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: joechip Hey thanks for the links. One trick i have found for other pulls is to just let sit in the solution for 6 weeks at room temp. That is if you are not in a hurry. You will end up with a very smooth flavor. Time to get out the ole water bath again.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A lot of what makes ecigs successful is the one you're using, shoot for something that produces a lot of vapor with good airflow like an aspire or a Kayfun.

One trick i have found for other pulls is to just let sit in the solution for 6 weeks at room temp. That is if you are not in a hurry. You will end up with a very smooth flavor. Time to get out the ole water bath again.

This a pretty good method but if you want to speed it up look into ultrasonic steeping, heat can ruin some flavors so I'd recommend against that.
Another good site to add to the WTA list is Om Vapors,
www.omvapors.com
they are a new company from Kentucky that makes some good flavors but their selection is a little small. I know these guys personally so I hope that's not against the rules. I've been really impressed with everything I've tried from them, though.

One thing I'd be cautious about from the NET eliquid is that it might contain nitrosamines. Still way less carcinogenic than cigarettes but WTA is a little more specific in the extraction process and I think most manufacturers remove them, I know Mother's Milk and Om both do.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
good post thanks

new topics

top topics

join