It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: ‘We Tortured Some Folks’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Amazing, this US senate finally gets mad at the CIA.
Not for the years of murder, torture, overthrowing governments, or illegal spying on American citizens, not at all…that doesn’t bother these 100 millionaires.

They get mad finally when the CIA spies on them!

The Central Intelligence Agency's infiltration and possible manipulation of computers belonging to Senate oversight investigators was "worse than criminal" and needs to be investigated, two key Republican senators charged Friday. CIA Director John Brennan, who previously had adamantly denied the spy agency pried into the data of Senate Intelligence Committee staffers, admitted Thursday that it did, and apologized. He said a review board led by former Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) would investigate the matter. www.huffingtonpost.com...

I kind of wish the CIA did some more kind of damage to some of them, frankly…

Now we have Obama and his offhanded, as if it’s a line in a country ballad…
“We tortured some folks!

First of all…
NO… YOU tortured some folks!

THE CIA Tortured some folks!
Bush and Cheney tortured some folks!
NOT WE!
Don't put that on us...you slimy hypocrite!

On Friday, the President offered his frankest admission of post-9/11 interrogation tactics, condemned Hamas for breaking the cease-fire and criticized House Republicans On Friday, President Barack Obama previewed the upcoming release of a Senate report into the CIA’s rendition, detention and interrogation after the attacks of September 11, 2001, saying “we tortured some folks.” time.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sounds like alotta drama!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sounds like Europe (Snowden files),

NSA spying on citizens, no response from politicians over here.
NSA spying on our politicians, all political uproar about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I would take it as given, he said 'we' as in government, enough said and it's known already, without his or Bush's input.
Now he admits publicly that government was in serious error, no crazy conspiracy theorists then, nor is it any surprise that every filament of US government was being watched by the spookies...it just goes with the territory.

edit on 6-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

This is one of those things that proves the MSM is on Obama's side atd being the marketing arm of the administration. Had this been Bush, or should I say when it was Bush the outrage was incredible, with Obama, mum's the word. Where is the left screaming to high heaven? No protesting, no drama, no nightly new reports. Just quiet.

It's funny I thought about it the same way, not until the Senate was spied on did they get pissed off and want to do anything. The CIA director gets caught in the lie, and now of all people Obama is making excuses for him. Obama is the only president that could get elected on things like the harm of the patriot act and then resign the bill while in office and the media literally says nothing. The only president to condemn torture with phony outrage, then turn around and his administration is still doing it. The media sits on its hands and says nothing, the people sit quietly waiting for justice and it never appears. We are becoming numb to scandal by tyrants and evil doers, while the citizens keeps asking the same questions year after year. Outrage like power changes from one side of the aisle to the other when it is convenient.

It surprises me this thread isn't off the hook, with condemnation of the administration. In the end Obama is the black Bush. Spying, torture, middle east war, out of control government, scandal ridden, secret wars, rendition, failing economy, he is just as bad if not worse. The damage he has and is doing to economy with Obama Care might be a large part of finishing us with energy cost from lack of foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

when it was Bush the outrage was incredible

Are you kidding me? The MSM was cheering Bush at every turn, it was rah rah Go Bush, Mission Accomplished, you're either with him or you were branded a terrorist. Half the reason Bush and Clowns got away with all the crap they pulled was because the media was covering everything up.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: MarlinGrace

when it was Bush the outrage was incredible

Are you kidding me? The MSM was cheering Bush at every turn, it was rah rah Go Bush, Mission Accomplished, you're either with him or you were branded a terrorist. Half the reason Bush and Clowns got away with all the crap they pulled was because the media was covering everything up.

The only one that made excuses for Bush was Frigg'in Fox, the rest over the top, if thats possible when it comes to torture. Even today you can google "Bush administration torture" and get many, many articles from Huffington to The Guardian. The real question is why are they quiet now? Bush claimed mission accomplished not the MSM other than his promoters Fox. Google is our friend. Although my memory is pretty good.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

No big deal "We tortured some folks"... That makes us righteous.
edit on 7-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join