It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who else is stoked now that (American) Football season is back??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
man how about that The Aaron Hernandez murder Case...

and that Michael Vick Dog-Fighting Case

and "bountygate

and "spygate"?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

Hey, I do plenty of waking up, but this is my husband's and my one extravagance of the year. The rest of the year we are frugal and sober, serious people. I think we earn our six to eight football games. And no, football is NOT more important than everything else, but it does make for a nice few dates for the two of us since my parents watch our young son and we get to spend a few hours out alone, just the two of us .... UNLIKE EVERY OTHER DAY OF THE YEAR.

So go be a killjoy somewhere else, and tell other people they don't deserve to have a little fun.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

So glad we took luck and not rg3, happy happy happy.
Maybe he will stay healthy this year.

rg3 is so overrated!

although....they should have taken him out that game when he was first injured.

Never should have put him back in....Never!

He wasn't right since.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

When the NFL was formed Jim Thorpe was involved. Native American. Probably the best American athlete EVER. He didn't have a problem with it but some buttmunchers 90 years later do.
Whatever.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am not enthused...

I used to be. Ive lived in so many cities and regions that I just cant choose one team over another. I watch for players that are athletes of utmost skill.
But anymore, between the NFL becoming the "No Fun League", no celebration (hell, even soccer players get a few minutes to pimp it), the whole "no touching after five yards" rule. The Excessive calls for roughing the passer.
Defense should just sit and drink whatever beverage the NFL is promoting on the sidelines...

Added to that...all of the "oh, he's just a product of his environment" turn the head mentality of these owners and gms...
Most of these athletes went through a very well regimented steroid/workout program in college. I knew a guy that helped make sure some future NFL stars were under the "allowed levels" of testosterone. They were given a "greater level" since they worked out more. But everyone inside knows.

Just ask Bill Romanowski's wife..."those were her roids".

It's just a group of millionaires or a billionaire or two creating monsters to mash each other in plastic armor to garner advertising dollars for their brand leading to the whore of all advertising whores...the super bowl. Where people have been duped into watching ads for four hours...

Im done with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

So are you like a political activist?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Before I saw that Picture of that mean-looking guy I thought you guys were talking about football... Then I'd just simply start commenting on why football is boring, ah... This is no fun.

I Guess only Americans watch americanized Rugby, eh? Ah, what's so fun about that? I still do not get it. >.< I guess it's fun to big mean-looking guys smashing into each others for a strange looking ball and all, but I still think it's weird... Do you guys have this With better looking People, as in not guys?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

When the NFL was formed Jim Thorpe was involved. Native American. Probably the best American athlete EVER. He didn't have a problem with it but some buttmunchers 90 years later do.
Whatever.

Intrepid...you and I get along great in most threads and usually do the high five thing...but the "buttmuncher" response is a bit much. Sure Snyder spent some money and learned a little bit about Native culture...but I still wonder whether or not it was a pr stunt. I'm as mutt as mutt can be. Tribe and European ancestry.
part of which was part of the Blackfeet nations...
I'm asking you as a mod i respect to kindly remove the language. You're better than that, man. The Nations have their own opinions and just like the US, the leaders don't speak for everyone.

Eta: being one of the smallest minorities in the US...and considering the age, how COULD Thorpe's opinion been heard? He just would have been blackballed or called a rebel or Commie or something. And things would have been even worse for my grandparents...
edit on 6-8-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

That's just it man. I don't think natives have a problem with this. It white Volvo driving people living in a world of guilt. Gotta have a cause. This one was stupid.

edit on 6-8-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

Cheer leaders man!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
it's hard to take any of these organizations anymore...

People become so obsessive over it when there are so many more important things to preoccupy our faculties of thought.

Aside from our own massive list of National issues, the entire planet is in disarray, the fighting is starting to culminate into another world war..

And these baffoons sit idly by watching there precious teams which usually is half of their identity,

while not thinking critically about the problems on the planet and how to fix them...

WAKE UP! these sports only serve as distractions to keep you entrapped in the carnal mind.
every time I encounter a degenerate sports fanatic I can't help but feel disheartened since they know nothing of our borders, language, or culture...

Im as awake as most people can get but there is nothing like forgetting all about politics, world problems, stuff at home, and just hanging out with friends amd family grilling drinking and watching some FOOTBALL!!! Ha ha

I love going to games and not knowing most of the people around you but your all friends if your wearing the same colors. I love Football!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: elixz
Before I saw that Picture of that mean-looking guy I thought you guys were talking about football... Then I'd just simply start commenting on why football is boring, ah... This is no fun.

I Guess only Americans watch americanized Rugby, eh? Ah, what's so fun about that? I still do not get it. >.< I guess it's fun to big mean-looking guys smashing into each others for a strange looking ball and all, but I still think it's weird... Do you guys have this With better looking People, as in not guys?

Actually yes they have a lingerie football league. lol its pretty awesome hot chicks big hits and Football lol

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

We do.

It's called lingerie football.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

You beet me to it!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 6-8-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth
Ofc!

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Looks and sounds awesome

edit on 6 8 2014 by elixz because: spell mistake

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Let's go niners!!! Quiz away for those that think I'm bandwagon
Cards better be ready to kick Seattle out of second for that playoff spot. And yes it will be the second spot in the division cause niners got the west this year.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Cards better be ready to kick Seattle out of second for that playoff spot. And yes it will be the second spot in the division cause niners got the west this year.

Why? Depth. If that defensive backfield is decent, it's over. SB WIN or bust.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

No f-ing way Niners are taking it this year. While I do agree I would rather see the Niners in the post over the Seahawks and Rams. But this is our year!! We will prob see the Niners in the NFC Champ game but the Red Birds are winning it... Colin Kaepernick is to much of a choke artist ha ha
In all seriousness I hate the Niners the least out of our division. I hate the Rams #1 and the Seahawks #2 then the Niners #3 lol

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I love what Arians is doing with that club. You aren't wrong. Strong team. The Rams got better too in the off season. Seattle lost a bit. The Niners? Hard to say. Is Bethea that answer in the backfield? My point? Away wins in the division will be equal 2 regular games. And it's going to be bloody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join