It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

So, they are going ahead with yet another committee to look at this issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The entire Muslim world was in upheaval, "arab spring" and all. Not at all hard to see how the WH would react that something as touchy as anti-Muslim videos on YT could instill rioting outside a US compound. My guess is some faction leaked counterintelligence that was the cause to distract the US while they carried out the deed. Benghazi was not the only place attacked that night.

Issa wanted to repaint the picture that this was a plot by Obama or Obama lied about their initial reactions, but evidence during the hearings spoke otherwise. To often Issa was forced to concede his talking points were not true, so in the end the national intelligence committee found no administration wrong doing, and that is coming from a republican led committee.

RW media has been twisting and spinning Benghazi for 2+ years, but eventually the truth came out. Now we have 2+ years and countless millions spent on a witch hunt. Issa and Boehner have been a joke and made this Congress the worst that has ever existed.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Never ceases to amaze me, how many people scream that .gov is the enemy, is dishonest, is fallible, and unbelievable, yet instantaneously believe 'reports' and 'fact'-finding missions put out by that same government. Isn't that selective belief? I often wonder, why. I personally think that there is a lot more to this story than we've been told (as usual). So really, why argue? I personally refuse to believe that there was no wrong doing, when obviously, the entire situation was wrong, on multiple levels, or so it would seem. What it looked like to me, at first blush, was an abandonment. Those people were left to die. Regardless of .gov bologna, "A video is whut dunnit," you just have to look at it and conclude, there's more here than we've been allowed to know.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

You missed the issue entirely. The committee did not say "A video is whut dunnit," that wasn't even the WH position, only that in the immediate aftermath, were talking hours here, the WH made a public statement that included 'the potential this attack was precipitated by an anti-Muslim video.' The Issa charade tried to make that into a scandal, that somehow the Obama admin knew all along it wasn't caused by a video. Admissions and evidence made during the hearings and made in the report show the administration did actually believe that. The "scandal" claimed by Issa wasn't over the events, but the public statements by the WH afterwards.

FTR some of those comments had also been coordinated with the CIA as they were attempting to prevent AQ from learning certain of their communication networks were being listened in on. Issa did AQ a big favor that day by blowing the CIA's cover.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

Forgot about the THOUSANDS of dead in Iraq?

Sure haven't, and neither have these guys:

Forgot about the blatant lies to send them there?

Lies eh ?

I expect those that have never read the Iraq war resolution to say that snip.

The resolution cited many factors to justify the use of military force against Iraq:[2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

This is the reason the Rabid Right is dangerous. To them, Science does not exist. To them, History starts in 2009.

I love that demagoguery.

As if the LEFT is any better.

It is EFFING amazing there are those that think it is.

Listen to her!

Ok she is not a 'rabid right' winger.

Better yet take a look at those that were 'against' war before they were FOR it.

Like Libya.

I ask again WHAT THE HELL did Libya do to us ?

And just for snips and giggles:

But I digress what the hell does any of the above have to do with a TERRORIST attack that killed 4 americans, and killing the dude that was secular that ran Libya ?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yeah well GW didn't unilaterally declare the war on 'terror' is over.

From google:

The war on terror is 'over'

AQ is 'decimated'

Gm is alive, Bin Laden is dead!

So are 4 Americans in Benghazi because the current administration put forth a false narrative saying how the world was more 'less violent'.

The world is 'less violent'

Now if ONLY the left would be as 'outraged' about the 'rabid right wingers' in the ME clinging to their guns, and religion MORE than their own countryman that have an R by their names.

IF only.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Digging up speeches from 1998 and early 2000's? Those votes also were based on the intel being supplied by the Bush admin. lies. Lame.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Digging up speeches from 1998 and early 2000's? Those votes also were based on the intel being supplied by the Bush admin. lies. Lame.

Sorry that dog don't hunt.

In case someone missed it, and they CLEARLY HAVE from the past 6 years.

The left DOES NOTHING they don't want to.
edit on 7-8-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It must really kill you that Issa's own party found no wrongdoing by the admin. The lies Issa strung along, like the stand down orders he claimed Obama issued (never happened) or that military assets were withheld (also never happened).

the findings:

-- Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."

-- "A mixed group of individuals, including those associated with al Qaeda, (Moammar) Khadafy loyalists and other Libyan militias, participated in the attack."

-- "There was no 'stand-down order' given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind."

-- The administration's process for developing "talking points" was "flawed, but the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis."

Those talking points were worked in by the CIA, which as stated, were trying to protect intelligence assets still in Libya as well as keep classified communication intelligence on the culprits. To their credit they did catch them.

As much as we vilify the CIA on this site, we forget or ignore that they still are our one organization out there to counter the real terrorist threats - even the ones they helped launch back in the 80's like AQ.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RancorXXX

t must really kill you that Issa's own party found no wrongdoing by the admin. The lies Issa strung along, like the stand down orders he claimed Obama issued (never happened) or that military assets were withheld (also never happened).

'Never happened' eh ?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: teamcommander
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

So, they are going ahead with yet another committee to look at this issue.

nice summation JC....kinda puts everything into perspective, and why democrats have their own opinion of those multiple hearings by Izza...google is your friend

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: RancorXXX

t must really kill you that Issa's own party found no wrongdoing by the admin. The lies Issa strung along, like the stand down orders he claimed Obama issued (never happened) or that military assets were withheld (also never happened).

'Never happened' eh ?

No...apparently not. And it seems that even FOX is walking that canard back.

The former commander of a four-member Army Special Forces unit in Tripoli, Libya, denied Wednesday that he was told to stand down during last year's deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi. In a closed-door session with the House Armed Services Committee, Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson said his commanders told him to remain in the capital of Tripoli to defend Americans in the event of additional attacks and to help survivors being evacuated from Benghazi. Link...among many others

But hey, never let the truth get in the way of a good hate-on, eh?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Come again?

I thought FOX NEWS 'lies' ?

'Now' they are telling the truth.

What way is it ?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IXApollyonXI

I believe the Antichrist & the Obama administration were behind the 911 attacks. This evidence is convincing: President Barack Hussein Obama II | Benghazi, Libya | September 11, 2012 | Oslo Accords = (165) + (121) + (146) + (124) = 666.

This is actually a very valid conviction held by Right Wing Evangelicals. A majority of them believe Obama was responsible for 9/11. That was 8 years before Obama was ever elected, people.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Even Fox is forced to admit the truth when confronted with it. They spent 2 years giving this constant media coverage playing up the partisan angle the entire time. It must have been embarrassing to then watching as Issa cut off witnesses just to maintain his illusion of a scandal, only to have their own party's report throw in the towel.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Another scandal that will go unpunished because we have a government full of nothing but crocks and pay off whores to big interest, this is what happen when is not accountability to the incredible corruption going on within those that call themselves leaders.

Is like the authorities coming out and calling themselves crocks and thieves, is not going to happen.

The dirty leaders in our nations politics cover each other arses regardless of their party lines when it comes to wrong doings, you do for me later what I am doing for you now.

And I still can not believe that anybody will support any of the corruption crap we got this days in offices and party lines have not lines at all and neither borders.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My problem with Benghazi was never about what occurred during the event...it was what was done afterwards. Lies about YouTube videos and all that BS. My problem, as always, is about our employees (eg. paid, elected officials) lying to us...the American people for their own personal reasons.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The House Intelligence Committee...that's an oxymoron right there....like jumbo shrimp or whatever. Their findings....we should take stock in what they say? Their findings are like claiming ole ex-first-lady Mrs. "C", (you know who), acts like Mother Theresa and looks like Scarlett Johansen.

And when we get to arguing over which party is right/wrong relevant to this and who is really at fault or lying...well, that is an exercise in futility. Seems no matter what political party is in power, very little ever changes for the better...ever notice that...same ole same ole....on many levels I feel like they are both the same faction. If we would all not play the "divide and conquer" game we get caught up in...that might be helpful. United we stand but instead we falter and fall....fall for one line of crap from one or the other.

I love this country and I'm not against the concept of "government" to an extent...it just needs to be changed/fixed...as of now, the "game" is rigged and we all get to lose...is a no win situation right now. We need actual real, independent investigations to try and find out the truth...if such is even possible anymore.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: abe froman

"Someone WAS misled, the American public. Which this administration regards as "no one"."

So, after all this, are you ready to admit that there is no "there" there?
Never mind! I know that you will keep looking for that smoking gun.

Yes and who were the American public mislead by? The republicans is who. They have been misleading the public for years with their "evil liberal agenda" crap for years now, all through the Bush administration and still today. How many lies has Boehner looked straight into the eyes of the public and spewed? They will say and do anything to regain control of the government.

Both parties do all the same things, and they do it in unison, and they do it together, and they even cover for each other, and they will continue to keep getting away with it as long as you keep on thinking it is the republicans misleading people.

Is Eric Holder and Hillary and Obama misleading people when they commit contempt of congress a lot of times? Contempt of congress happens with them when they "Mislead" too.
your reply sounds like you just think republicans are the only ones "misleading"

Do you really believe the R's are making stuff up when they claim the left has a "liberal agenda"?

What other type of agenda would liberals have besides a liberal agenda?

Everyone knows the "liberal agenda" whenever Obama opens his garbage can lid that covers his mouth, same with these other buffoons, including the house speaker, who keeps on secretly supporting Obama and helping his agendas succeed

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I believe this crap like I believe the Warren Commission and the 9/11 report. They are all corrupt and treasonous.

It's amazing people still have faith in the current people we have elected both Dems and Republicans. How can you Obama lovers and RINO not see it. Don't worry next election will be your wet dream...Hillary or Jeb will save us.. I'm betting on Jeb, pretty sure that's been the plan all along.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join