It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack

For two years we've been inundated with Darrell Issa's kangaroo hearings over the Benghazi "scandal."

11:42 PDT WASHINGTON -- The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, said Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee.

The panel voted Thursday to declassify the report, the result of two years of investigation by the committee. U.S. intelligence agencies will have to approve making the report public.

Thompson said the report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given."

That conflicts with accusations of administration wrongdoing voiced by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Vista (San Diego County), whose House Government Oversight and Reform Committee has held hearings on the Benghazi attack.

A week ago the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee cleared the administration of any wrong-doing. The report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given."

I thought given the past two years of this board being flooded daily with Benghazi posts, that surely, a breakthrough like this would have at least been given some attention. This is, afterallm the conclusion of two years of GOP outcry and two years of Darrell Issa grandstanding on the "scandal."

But apparently those clamoring voices of Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi have suddenly lost interest... The same sullenness appears to have stricken Fox News.

Fox News Quiet After Congressional Report Finds No Benghazi Scandal

Fox News Quiet After Congressional Report Finds No Benghazi Scandal
New House Intel Report Reportedly Finds No Intentional Wrongdoing By The Obama Administration

Fox News has gone silent on Benghazi amid reports that the House Intelligence Committee concluded that there was no intentional wrongdoing in the Obama administration's response to the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on August 1 that the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee voted to declassify findings from its investigation into the 2012 attacks on U.S diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, and "concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack," according to committee member Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA).

The intelligence community "did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened," the process used to create administration talking points was "flawed" but "reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis, and "there was no 'stand-down order' given to American personnel," Ranking Member Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-CA) said in a statement laying out the committee's findings.

It's a clinical, point-by-point refutation of the Benghazi hoax Fox has pushed for nearly 2 years.

The only scandal, if there is one, is Congress denying the administrations request for more funding for security. Yet somehow that never got brought up in the hearings.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What's this now? The 9th committee report? All of them finding the same thing? Propaganda doesn't need to be based on evidence. It's nearly impossible to get rid of crap once it's been blasted around the right-wing echo chamber.

As for Issa.. the man is clearly living the dream! He's gone from car thief to GOP witch hunter. More subpoenas issued in the last 3 years than were issued by the last 3 chairmen of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, by about a dozen.
edit on 2014-8-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Austerity during a reccesion = SHTF

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Committee agreed to declassify the report.

Who actually leaked the "results".

MSNBC should be all over this.

Where can we see the declassified report ?

bombshell.speculate

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
" No one was misled..."

So it was about a Youtube video like the Obama administration said?

Wait, we already know that was a lie...

Someone WAS misled, the American public. Which this administration regards as "no one".

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If we heard a "get out of tax dept" commercial every time we heard Benghazi on AM radio, these pundits would have made mint.

Oh wait we did hear exactly that! Mana for the brain washed masses.

Rush and Hannity or Drudge run this story?
edit on 6-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

More tax payers money wasted because of political party witch hunts. I don't mind investigations if the evidence is overwhelming, but when the investigation is based upon poor evidence, or is fueled by political under tones, or if the ending result is going to be a slap on the wrist, why waste taxpayer's money?

This is a never ending story with our two party system. This infighting between the two parties does nothing but ignore the responsibilities our representatives have to work on improving the economy and lives of Americans here at home. The continued attacks on Obama's health care act, and the attacks on his citizenship, has done nothing but taken the focus off of doing the job taxpayers are paying them to do!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No way the gop made to look like idiots, heres a little secret, when the liberals fail at something let them hang themselves.

I have to say im proud of my right wing friends, they have evolved from commie dog eating muslim, to a progressive comunity man.

edit on 6-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

"Someone WAS misled, the American public. Which this administration regards as "no one"."

So, after all this, are you ready to admit that there is no "there" there?
Never mind! I know that you will keep looking for that smoking gun.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The whole Benghazi issue was done by Obama and the left anyway just like the impeachment issue!!! (sarcasm)

Fox's Benghazi Hoax Undermined By New Bipartisan Report

Maybe Obama is to blame for this too!! Now we have a Investigation Scandal on top of the Benghazi Scandal. Oooohhh, a conspiracy within a conspiracy. Man that Obama sure is an Evil Genius!!!

edit on 6-8-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
RIP

To those who gave their lives, FOR NOTHING, trying to do the right thing.

This whole administration ia a gigantic "WRONG DOING".

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
LOL, Issa was pulling his best McCarthy running this side show.

Loved when he refused to allow witnesses to testify, or better yet when he defeated his arguments (on more than one occasion). Issa knew more than a year ago his allegations were false or completely invented, but he kept the charade up, just as a means of attacking the Obama admin. and to keep it off balance.

This was from a year ago;
Darrell Issa Hid The Truth About Benghazi For a Year While Attacking President Obama

Issa has wasted taxpayer time and money for three years looking for Obama Administration scandals he subsequently never found, including the tragic deaths of 4 American diplomats in Benghazi Libya on September 11 2012.

And the Republicans helped make Benghazi happen:

Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) Admits House GOP Cut Funding For Embassy Security: 'You Have To Prioritize Things'

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.

Issa and the GOP claim Obama lied about believing the YT video posted by extremist Christians was to blame for the attack. But during the hearings Issa blundered, and posted emails and phone calls made by the administration contacting Youtube during the course of the attack begging/demanding they take that video done pronto:

A still-classified State Department e-mail says that one of the first responses from the White House to the Benghazi attack was to contact YouTube to warn of the “ramifications” of allowing the posting of an anti-Islamic video, according to Rep. Darrell Issa, the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

The memo suggests that even as the attack was still underway — and before the CIA began the process of compiling talking points on its analysis of what happened — the White House believed it was in retaliation for a controversial video.

The subject line of the e-mail, which was sent at 9:11 p.m. Eastern Time on the night of the attack, is “Update on Response to actions – Libya.” The e-mail was written hours before the attack was over.

Which is exactly what the WH was saying all along. Issa goofed in admitting that, but then his whole charade of a hearing was a big goof. It was a witch hunt hoping to paperwhip Obama.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
To stand somewhere and say that there was 2 years of "republican outcry" as if all the crimes, malfeasance, LIES, deceptions, STONEWALLING, and INCOMPETENCE with a capital PISS means nothing at all to democrats simply because these things were allegedly done by democrats and marxist leaning liberals who just so happen to support the Obama administration is just more propaganda and BS that the lying and pathetic Main stream media puts out so everyone thinks that democrats don't give a crap about people dying because someone was criminally negligent in their duties and sworn oaths. (only because they support that party, and thus nothing matters.

Yes, the MSM would have you believe that only republicans get mad when incompetence in our hired help causes people to die.
If I was a democrat I would feel pretty insulted if the media was doing all my talking for me, especially if they were claiming that only republicans are mad when good people get killed.

If I was a republican, and I had a republican in office that I voted for, but that person didn't care when fellow Americans got killed because of his/her negligence in office and was incompetent in his job, and it got people killed, would I give him a free pass just because I support him? NO, I would want to see him/her get slammed onto the concrete and booted from office. Why? Because normal people don't give free passes and pretend those that we support, but that also break the law shouldn't be prosecuted or kicked to the curb for violations of morals, ethics, laws, etc.

If I had posted this thread and written like the op did, claiming only republicans gave a crap about some people dying because of criminal negligence in the state department, and I was a democrat, I would be pretty offended that a fellow democrat has the gall to think this, just because I was a democrat.

Yes, that would be really lame wouldn't it?

When Hillary or Obama do things, it is actually unbiased, because they don't freaking care who gets hurt or killed. They don't care if someone who they got killed was a democrat or a republican.

They probably laugh when they read threads like this that show someone rubber stamping obvious media propaganda, even if that person supports them.

They probably say things like "We are rich because of this awesome job we have exploited to the maximum, and can do anything we feel like because we have the full support of millions of brain dead idiots that don't even care when we break the law, and they even shield us from prosecution to boot, and they don't even care when we abuse THEM"

Isn't that embarrassing?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No wrong doing eh ?

Remind me again what the hell Libya did to us again before the current administration decided to bomb the hell out of them ?

Americans weren't dying there until then.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Poor babies - feel free to stick your fingers in your ears as you sing "la la la la not listening..."

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes, the MSM would have you believe that only republicans get mad when incompetence in our hired help causes people to die.

I don't recall anyone making the claim that "Only Republicans get mad when people die". In fact the Right Wing Talking Heads couldn't care less about innocent deaths. They just want to claim Obama and Left are Evil, Murderous, Homosexual Sinners who should marginalized, ignored, impeached, etc. They rarely supply any proof of their claims but they still make them anyway. None of which is done out of concern for anyone but themselves and their media appeal.

When Hillary or Obama do things, it is actually unbiased, because they don't freaking care who gets hurt or killed. They don't care if someone who they got killed was a democrat or a republican.

They probably laugh when they read threads like this that show someone rubber stamping obvious media propaganda, even if that person supports them.

They probably say things like "We are rich because of this awesome job we have exploited to the maximum, and can do anything we feel like because we have the full support of millions of brain dead idiots that don't even care when we break the law, and they even shield us from prosecution to boot, and they don't even care when we abuse THEM"

Isn't that embarrassing?

Right. Everyone on the left are zombies with no empathy and just rubber stamp every illegal and immoral thing anyone on the left chooses to do. Got it. Sounds completely logical to me and not even the hint of any dramatic over reaction there at all.

Give it a rest dude, seriously. I'm not a fan of Obama or the Gov. in general myself, but this will never be the great smoking gun the Radical Right hoped and screamed for it to be.

After 7 independent investigations, this last one being Republican Controlled and all of them coming back with nothing, it's time to just let it go.

If there was any truth to the Republicans caring so much about innocent lives being lost you'd think they would have tried a bit harder after 3000 were lost on 9-11. But we know that didn't happen. Didn't happen then and isn't gonna happen now.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Remind me again what the hell Libya did to us again before the current administration decided to bomb the hell out of them ?

And that's exactly what it should have been about all along. But the GOP doesn't want to stop the President from bombing Muslim countries. They don't want to stop him from making Wall St richer. So instead they have to invent crap to throw at him... if they criticized him for what he actually does, they would have to change too much of their own platform.

(post by NoCorruptionAllowed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So was it the MSM who wrote what is written below???

When Hillary or Obama do things, it is actually unbiased, because they don't freaking care who gets hurt or killed. They don't care if someone who they got killed was a democrat or a republican. They probably laugh when they read threads like this that show someone rubber stamping obvious media propaganda, even if that person supports them. They probably say things like "We are rich because of this awesome job we have exploited to the maximum, and can do anything we feel like because we have the full support of millions of brain dead idiots that don't even care when we break the law, and they even shield us from prosecution to boot, and they don't even care when we abuse THEM"

Because I could have sworn that was you who wrote that, not the MSM.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

And that's exactly what it should have been about all along. But the GOP doesn't want to stop the President from bombing Muslim countries. They don't want to stop him from making Wall St richer. So instead they have to invent crap to throw at him... if they criticized him for what he actually does, they would have to change too much of their own platform.

Oh my gosh that is funny Kali, are you trying to say that republicans are more to blame because they also want to bomb someone, whoever it is, even though it is Obama and his administration pushing the buttons?

Your argument is saying both parties are pretty bad, which I would agree, and I am fairly sure neo96 would too, but your argument is that Obama is doing bad stuff, and the republicans are not against him, but making up invalid things to condemn him with instead, and also that he is bombing Muslim countries?

How About "Bombing non central bank Muslim countries" Would that be more accurate? Because Obama actually supports Muslims, (if they are on an approved list of Muslims) Like Muslim brotherhood, and ISIS, and other terrorists.

To be honest, I am not sure what it really is you ARE saying for sure, but it sounded like you were annoyed, and that part was entertaining
I think Neo would agree with that too. (Sorry in advance if I assume too much here)..

Also, about this thread and the MSM response "No wrongdoing by administration in Benghazi" Now with all the lying by Hillary and Obama, and Harry "PeeBrain" Reid (Yes, not peabrain), and Eric Holder, Obama's "secretary of Personal Defense Attorney General" Has got to take the cake for the entire decade on stupid and obvious.

If the headline read, "No wrongdoing found in Jeffrey Dahmer case of necrophilia and cannibalism" It would be about the same in obscenity and ridiculousness and just as insulting to the intelligence of every person on the entire planet.
edit on 6-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join