learn more

A Dragons Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
Suddenly realized I hadn't already replied...

You're not alone in this case, don't worry...

Originally posted by dragonrider

After a very unremarkable childhood as a juvenile delinquent, I decided to actually try to do something other than spend the next night in jail.

I see...In fact, you didn't know how to avoid the cops....

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Tutankamen,

Thanks for your interest in my career. Mudlogging does kinda suck doesnt it?

Where did you work offshore? I spent a couple months on the Freeport Macmoran rigs out of New Orleans. I do have to say, you got some of the best food in the world on those rigs.

my wife worked for Macmoran in their Corpus office in the early 80's I was a mudlogger on the Alaskan Star in Georges Bank off of Cape Cod. It is very boring bag and tag. working for Milchem was much more interesting building and designing well bore fluids, not much sleep though. Most of my time was spent with B.J. Hughes as a cementer. New Orleans to Brownsville in the Gulf. Imperial Valley to Eureka in California as well as Ventura, Long Beach, Santa Barbra. Geo-thermal wells in Nevada. lastly on the North Slope and Kenai Peninsula of Alaska. Oh yea almost forgot the best Gulf of Suez, my most favorite spot.
yes most of the time the food is excellent 24 hours a day, and those Cajuns are by far the best of the best. Gumbo!
i could go on and on about my war storis in the drilling industry, hurricanes, wild well fires, H2S, tornadoes, revolts in Cairo, hijacking in Athens, it was a fine experience. also one i do not wish to repeat.
look forward to more correspondence
sounds like your in Austin or S.A.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great bio. I love prospecting gas cavity pegmatites for crystal gemstones. Devil's Head in Colorado is a treasure trove of Smoky Quartz and Topaz. I also collected Dinosaur bone at Four Mile Creek. Lately I look for Gold and lost mines in the Arizona desert.

<< 1   >>

join