It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should this man be charged with murder?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Dad killed violent thug who stole his son's iPhone in knifepoint robbery

This mans son was robed at knife point for his iphone the victims dad then went to confront the robber and got stabed in the eye! So the dad then stabed the rober back in self defence and is facing murder, do you think he should be charged with this?

source

edit on 6-8-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed source link.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

NO NO NO NO........ The criminal put himself in that position and the father should not be charged with murder especially after being attacked and injured. The question could be asked - Should he of rang the police instead of taking the law into his own hands? But to me he shouldn't be Jailed for this.
edit on 6-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Are reply to: PhoenixFreeman

BRB on a better browser google chrome sucks!

link   

That's a broken link.

What little you have told us though, I would say yes. Second degree murder, because I doubt he planned it out....but he DID confront the man instead of calling the police. The knife to the eye---if it did happen before the murder, it could be claimed self defense, but there again there just isn't enough info to go on until you fix that link.

Edit: now that you've fixed the link, I would have to say yes, beings the father repeatedly stabbed the man, there was no self defense after the first stab.
edit on 6-8-2014 by lonweld because: (no reason given)

link   

From your description I will say no he shouldn't face murder. I would call it self defense and if he went a bit overboard I would call it justifiable or temporary insanity at the worst. I doubt many could keep their composure after being stabbed in the eye. I couldn't.

BTW your link is broken which is why I am going by your description.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

This mans son was robed at knife point for his iphone the victims dad then went to confront the robber and got stabed in the eye! So the dad then stabed the rober back in self defence and is facing murder, do you think he should be charged with this?

source

If self defence no.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here is a working LINK

I am not well versed on UK law, but I would think that a person has the right to defend themselves after being stabbed. I would also think that confronting the person who stole from you is also acceptable.

This guy used modern technology to track down the stolen item, then when confronting the thief, he got stabbed in the eye for his trouble.

If someone stabbed me in the face, i would defend myself in any way I could and I can't imagine any court in the world would charge a person for defending themselves after being stabbed in the face.

Again, I am not well versed on UK law, and it may be different than I am assuming. I will be watching this case because I am curious about the outcome.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Wow thanks how did you edit my post!?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

From your description I will say no he shouldn't face murder. I would call it self defense and if he went a bit overboard I would call it justifiable or temporary insanity at the worst. I doubt many could keep their composure after being stabbed in the eye. I couldn't.

BTW your link is broken which is why I am going by your description.

On the little we know I'd agree. When stabbed in the eye one is at a considerable disadvantage and must take any opportunity to put the other guy down asap.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh...Hell...NO!

One less genetic polluter in the population. What he did was good in my book. He probably should have called the police, but in the heat of the moment...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

source

That's clear self defense. so my answer is no.

Rebel5

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OK after reading the fixed link I think there has been a great injustice.

He shouldn't have been charged with anything. Give the man a medal instead.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Based on the story in the link, if I was on the jury, I would not convict him.

And as another member stated, being stabbed in the eye, your not going to be too calm after that. Heck, I don't know that I wouldn't be crying on the ground, so good for him.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonweld

That's a broken link.

What little you have told us though, I would say yes. Second degree murder, because I doubt he planned it out....but he DID confront the man instead of calling the police. The knife to the eye---if it did happen before the murder, it could be claimed self defense, but there again there just isn't enough info to go on until you fix that link.

Edit: now that you've fixed the link, I would have to say yes, beings the father repeatedly stabbed the man, there was no self defense after the first stab.

Are you serious!? People rarely just collapse after the first stab. Hell they rarely go down after the first shot from a firearm.

Your pacifism makes you a danger to yourself and those around you. Sometimes, violence is the answer.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
His big mistake was going prepared! He took a knife with him!
He didn't just defend himself, he stabbed the guy multiple times!
He ought to have called the police.

I'd need more info before I declared him innocent or guilty.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In the eyes of the Law he didn't meet violence with violence, he used excessive violence. He got stabbed in the eye, but then went on to stab the person repeatedly. He didn't ring the Police & went looking for the guy knowing they had a knife. In the eyes of the Law, what did he think he was going to gain from pursuing an armed person - The outcome was inevitable.

I personally would have probably acted the same way, knowing my child had been robbed I would have seen red and acted on impulse, the risks would have been irrelevant.

On the information I'v read, I hope they don't go too heavy on him.

Tragic the lad died too, its a #ed up world out there

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

My opinion is charge with self defence not murder he will still do time and the robber shouldn't be going round with knife if he called the cops the robber would get 5 years aggravated street robbery, so if I was the robber and the dad showed up id say fair enough heres the iphone you've saved me a lot of jail time confronting me yourself instead of ringing the police but no he stabbed him in the eye so for that fact (I think its still bad he got killed btw) but the father should definitely not be facing murder....

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
In the eyes of the Law he didn't meet violence with violence, he used excessive violence. He got stabbed in the eye, but then went on to stab the person repeatedly. He didn't ring the Police & went looking for the guy knowing they had a knife. In the eyes of the Law, what did he think he was going to gain from pursuing an armed person - The outcome was inevitable.

I personally would have probably acted the same way, knowing my child had been robbed I would have seen red and acted on impulse, the risks would have been irrelevant.

On the information I'v read, I hope they don't go too heavy on him.

Tragic the lad died too, its a #ed up world out there

Pretty much how I see it, but they should have called the police, and here's why.
Suppose his son had swapped his phone for drugs, or lost it in some kind of dare or whatever, but was afraid to tell his father the truth! I bet its not the first time such a thing has happened, and thats why he should have gone to the police.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Thats a really good point you've made there...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think the fact that he grabbed his other 2 sons as well before all 4 confronted the thief is probably why it will not go down well for the father. It will be looked at that there was tome lag between the original theft, degree of planning and confrontation.
I feel empathy for the father but I dont think he will get off without doing time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join