It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6,500 Year-Old 'Noah' Skeleton Found in Museum Closet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

a reply to: smyleegrl

just to be clear its not the skeleton of the biblical 'Noah"

Spoken like someone who waded in after reading the title but none of the OP where smyleegrl pointed this out

out...

This is fascinating, I wonder what else they have hidden back there?

They got Samson's hair in a bag in the cupboard.

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Why are archaeologists looking at human remains anyways? Did you perhaps mean anthropologists?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I sincerely hope that finds like this encourage other museums to go through their closets--it's just amazing what can get 'lost' in these places.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
My guess is the're calling him "Noah," because they have no-ah-dea who he is.

Brilliant.

I'm thinking one of the janitors just got locked in the closet back in the 30s over xmas closure.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why are archaeologists looking at human remains anyways? Did you perhaps mean anthropologists?

there are a lot of grey overlapping areas where either discipline could apply as Archaeology is a subsetof Anthropology.

With this particular set of remains, they were found in the early 30's during one of Leonard Wooley's digs at Ur. Wooley was a pretty famous British archaeologist renowned for his work at Ur as well as being one of the first people to describe the biblical flood from genesis as a real but localized event based on flood strata located during the digs at Ur.

It's comparable to Howard Carter and Tutankhamen. Carters real interest was in gold and treasure only realizing the big prize after finally entering the tomb.

But you're not wrong that in most instances, even if located by Archaeologists, a physical Anthropologist would be more likely, as well as more qualified, to be examining the remains.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: peter vlar

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

Further to that, in the Old World, archaeology is considered 'history's handmaiden' because the written word goes way back. In the New World, it is considered, and is generally taught as, an aspect of anthropology because written records only go back some 500 years. Hence an archaeologist often starts with a BSc. Anthro.

meanwhile...great story, smyleegrl ...S&F4U!
edit on 8-8-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Pretty messed up! They dig their asses off to find this poor
basturd. Roust him from his grave, send him far away from
his native land, to sit in a closet. Forgotten in some basement
in a world he never knew for eightyfive years. Only to have
some yahoos look him up and give him a label that, will only
get laughs, from the community authorized to speculate about
his remains. What did this guy do to deserve this?

No respect at all.

I don't expect he's bothered.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

What does that have to do it?
Maybe you don't understand that respect is
experienced by the living. So

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

I don't expect he's bothered.

He's not.

My infallible source within the supernatural world informs me that he quite content as he now has a magnificent tomb, greater than any of his kings, and much better than the crude hole he was initially put in and has numerous servants to tend to his remains.

What more could he want?

Oh and his name was Enkara Eren

edit on 9/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
wow that's old, lol

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Duh, that's what the Great Flood was really about. The vengeful, spiteful, bloodthirsty god was trying to eliminate homosexuals. Bible is historically accurate and Noah was a real person! OMG

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Surely it is NOT Noah, but if the flood happened as the Bible says it did, there were MANY, MANY people from his time frame who perished. The Causal Effect that brought the Lord to destroy the Earth in those days, was the TRANSHUMANISM of their day. The wicked bloodline of the Fallen Angels and their seed, led to GIANT BEINGS, whom were purported to EAT humankind. The whole lines of DNA were CORRUPTED in God's sight, and He just wasn't having any of that! But it also states in the Bible that this happened BEFORE and ALSO AFTER the Flood... As they found that Annunaki or Anakim Female Pilot dead in her five kilometers long ship on our moon with six fingers and toes, which was an indicator of the Nephilim bloodline, which was INHERENTLY EVIL in the sight of YHVH. My point, is that they had ships, which is WHY they were here BEFORE the FLOOD and then ALSO AFTER THE FLOOD. They returned, because they had built for themselves, SPACECRAFT, using the technology of the Fallen Angels who corrupted everything in sight. Many Chimera were made as well. Which the Lord calls an ABOMINATION. This just so happens to be "THE AGE OF NOAH" once more, on the Prophetic Calendar, since the year of 1998. WE are IN the DAYS OF NOAH once more. The Vatican is watching Hundreds miles long, and even thousands miles long ships returning to the Earth from their observatory at Mount Graham in Arizona. They call their massive telescope LUCIFER! Don't believe it? Look it up. It's all been covered very clearly by Author Tom Horn in his book "Exo-Vaticana." He researched at that same observatory and learned a great many interesting things. Anyhow, it's fascinating knowledge he's uncovered. But I also wish to address one more thing, about all the children being allowed to enter our country, is this, as the Elite are planning to all soon go into their Deep Underground Military Bases, to ride out the soon coming GREAT TRIBULATION, (They're already FORCING the Mark of the Beast on the people in the Phillipines, they are NOT given a choice, is what I heard from a lady there myself!) Anyhow, I must finish my point, and that is that these people are being let in to be FOOD for the giants. THINK ABOUT IT! I knew there was a reason they just opened the floodgates like this while thousands mile long ships are descending upon us. Lord have mercy on their souls, these wicked powers that be! And upon these poor children who are hapless victims in this horrific and tragic play that they have no idea they are even playing a role in...
edit on 10-8-2014 by maceov because: misspelled a word.

edit on 10-8-2014 by maceov because: Left something out.

edit on 10-8-2014 by maceov because: misspelled a word.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

What did this guy do to deserve this? No respect at all.

Well, he had the privilege of remaining intact all this time, and he is serving in the quest for knowledge about ourselves...from the article cited: "Today's scientific techniques, unavailable in Woolley's time, may provide new information about diet, ancestral origins, trauma, stress, and diseases of this poorly understood population," the Penn museum said.

One more thing, archaeologist today are specifically taught ethics and respect for human remains. I deal with them...I treat them well.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: maceov

...Lord have mercy on their souls, these wicked powers that be! And upon these poor children who are hapless victims in this horrific and tragic play that they have no idea they are even playing a role in...

I'm guessing you don't sleep well.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How does DNA compare to modern man? Biblically speaking there are many theories on how the "human race" was impure due to breading with either fallen angels or nephelim.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You would be wrong... I sleep VERY well. I am just very informed on a variety of happenings through some well connected friends... I know what time it is... Do you?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProjects

That's a pretty creepy response there, pardner.. sounds a little too much like a threat to me...

Neil Young lyrics aside...
edit on 10-8-2014 by maceov because: Left something out.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

What did this guy do to deserve this? No respect at all.

Well, he had the privilege of remaining intact all this time, and he is serving in the quest for knowledge about ourselves...from the article cited: "Today's scientific techniques, unavailable in Woolley's time, may provide new information about diet, ancestral origins, trauma, stress, and diseases of this poorly understood population," the Penn museum said.

One more thing, archaeologist today are specifically taught ethics and respect for human remains. I deal with them...I treat them well.

I remember after one hot summers we reached the bottom of a well in Cyprus and found a skeleton at the bottom, his new resting place was at the Cyprus Archaeological Museum where he educates school kids on what life was like nearly 5,000 years ago on Cyprus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Another report on the skeleton explaining how he was found in the museum and a picture of him

'Noah' at rest
edit on 10/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

She (op) knows you didn't think that!

She was under the assumption that you thought SHE didn't know that, since you felt it necessary to clear things up even though she already made it very clear in her op... You'd think it would be obvious with the section of the article quoted and the statement she made about the skeleton being "named" Noah, "after" the biblical character. See that there? "Named after?"

"Named after" is not the same as "is".

Then she was being polite by referring to your redundant statement as "clarification" and even going as far as to welcome it into her thread whereas the average person would've told you off or at the very least kindly put you in your place...

I'm guessing she didn't bother to reply because it would probably my only confuse you further and lead to even more misunderstandings. Don't feel bad though, misunderstandings are common and are not an indicator of a character flaw or anything. What is though, is when you speak condescendingly to someone who's done nothing to earn such treatment and in fact has gone out of their way to accommodate your thick skulled comment.

Terribly sorry to everyone, I just thought a little clarification might be welcome in this instance as well.

OP, not much else I can add to what other insightful members have said, but I very much do enjoy this form of time travel as well. Perhaps I'll bump into you sometime at the city of Troy, or the American wild west or any number of interesting time periods (any but our own it seems, lol)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join