It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul skitters away like a cockroach when confronted by two DREAM act activists.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

dude.....they weren't there to interview him....they shook his hand because he's a politician, and he was at the same table...they were to ambush the other guy....

what is wrong with everyone?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

i'll admit, rand paul has made some s**t decisions, and he's not really my favorite politician right now.....but he's also done some cool stuff....but still..you call him fake.

is he fake because he's fake? or is he fake, because you want him to be fake, and only see what reinforces that belief?
edit on 8-8-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

i'm not upset....i'm just confused how you can see things that aren't there....

and i'm also confused as to why you would so blatantly LIE....it makes no sense to me....

there is video proof that you're version of events is bunk, yet you run with it....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Op states:

But apparently Mr. King and along with many House Republicans think we should deport these people back to their home countries and that is beyond my comprehension.

We educated them, we fed them, the government already made an investment in these young people when they attended public school here in the U.S. and now we won't allow them to contribute to society?

I comprehend this just fine.. I dont know what the Op's problem is.. US law says if a couple come here illegally and then have a child, that child is American. If a family (parents and small children) come here illegally, they are all illegal ! Yes, ship them back home.

I dont give a rats ars if the kids graduated collage joined the Boy Scouts, won football scholarships became Miss America or even Saved The Presidents life - They are Still Illegal and should have Never been given the chance to go to school here. They all should have been deported asap.

We have NO Need for Immigration reform - people just need to obey the laws.

So someone screwed Up. They should have never have been as the Op puts it educated fed and invested in by our government in the first place - so hell No I don't want these crooks and thieves in My American society - they have Not earned the right to do so by coming here through proper channels - they have No Respect for the USA

Go ahead Dreamers who's parents illegally brought you to America.. I know you are reading this Answer me this:

How can you claim to respect America when your parents obviously Did Not?

Answer on this line _______________________________________

I have a solution for you Dreamers however that will allow you to stay. Turn in your illegal parents for Immediate deportation and exile. Then I will know you respect our laws. If not, you can get deported with your folks.

It really is that simple. Oh and BTW Op.. I'm a life long registered Democrat.

edit on 8-8-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Paul, ain't his dad, not even close, and I'm saying this. He's crap,

Just another corporate oligarch.

Selling you to the corporations.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

he's most certainly NOT his dad....but, and this may change with time, he seems much less dirty than his fellow district-dwellers...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

"No amnesty,deport them all.I am beyond tired of the crime and fraud,deport them all."

So.. Deport them all. How much money should we spend on this mass deportation?

I am sorry to hear that you are beyond tired.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

"A bus trip back is the answer."

A few questions. Are you (and I) willing to pay for the ticket?

Do you support the legal guarantee of due process?

Are there any immigrants that do not deserve a hearing before a judge?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
So.. Deport them all. How much money should we spend on this mass deportation?

how much are we already spending to subsidize these people? public assistance programs, the cost of mantaining the ones that ended up in prison....then you need to take a look at how much it's costing us, in terms of jobs...and then the added cost in terms of local taxes, when municipalities either hafta hire more officers, buy more equipment, or authorize a ton of OT, to combat the crime they bring with them a lot of the time.....it ALL adds up....at least the cost to root them out, and kick them out would be justified, and something we could get behind...

A few questions. Are you (and I) willing to pay for the ticket?

doesn't matter what we're willing to pay for....i doubt we were willing to pay to subsidize the lives of foreign invaders who violated our borders, squat in our country, don't contribute, and drag us down.....but we're doing it anyway....if the cost associated with rooting them out, kicking them out, and KEEPING THEM OUT, is the cost of ensuring the problem won't come back, then i think it's a price we'd all be willing to pay....

Do you support the legal guarantee of due process?

for citizens? of course.....for criminal foreign invaders though?....they get no such guarantee, nor do they seem to give a toss about due process, and law, seeing as how they broke the law to get here, and break the law every day they remain....

Are there any immigrants that do not deserve a hearing before a judge?

yes, illegal ones.......they're not immigrants, they're invaders...

if i break down your front door, and decide i'm gonna camp out in your living room, eat your food, watch your TV, use your bathroom, and drive your car.....well, i'm not an immigrant...i'm an intruder..

if i ASKED you if i could come stay with you, that would change things....if i agreed to rent a room in your house, and there were terms, and rules, and we either signed an agreement, or shook on it, that would change things.....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Dear Daedalus, Perhaps you are flying too close to the sun.

The USA is a nation of laws. US law states that immigrants at our border are entitled to due process of law.

Do you seek to change current immigration law?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I see the OP is very confident in his opinion. This is obvious by how he/she has been beating the boards to support the position taken in the OP...

No political hit-peice trolling here...

Right OP?

Oh, wait...

More on topic..
I applaud rand for doing the right thing here.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

firstly, cite the wording that supports your claim.

secondly, if what you say is true, then ok, it supports IMMIGRANTS at the border....not foreign invaders who sneak over the border....those are not immigrants...they're intruders, and criminals.

i'd love you to actually address what i've said....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"secondly, if what you say is true, then ok, it supports IMMIGRANTS at the border....not foreign invaders who sneak over the border....those are not immigrants...they're intruders, and criminals.

i'd love you to actually address what i've said...."

Okay, they are intruders and criminals, as you say. Would you deny them due process of the law?
Are they not entitled to a judicial hearing?

This is actually a trick question, because they are absolutely entitled to a judicial hearing.

Are you willing to state that they are not entitled to due process of current law?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: muse7

I came into this thread with an opened mind regarding the entire issue.

1. Sensational Thread Title. It's not even worth discussing.

2. The video really made things clear for me. After listening to this self proclaimed Dreamer, I can honestly say that I just dont get it.

So her Mom left Mexico to get away from Domestic Violence. She says the Police there did nothing. So why is it a better idea to be an activist to force a Country to change it's immigration laws instead of going home and being an activist to get your home Country to stand up for your right as a human being? I really dont get that.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Okay, they are intruders and criminals, as you say.

and you would dispute this?

Would you deny them due process of the law?

due process of the law....for a non-citizen, illegally in this country is they get sent back to their country of origin. that is all they are entitled to....

Are they not entitled to a judicial hearing?

no, actually, they're not....

This is actually a trick question, because they are absolutely entitled to a judicial hearing.

i'd love you to cite documentation to that effect....as they are not citizens, they are not entitled to, or guaranteed ANY of the rights or protections guaranteed to citizens by the constitution.

Are you willing to state that they are not entitled to due process of current law?

absolutely, they are...the law says if you're not a citizen, and you are here illegally, you are subject to deportation to your country of origin..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hello again, Daedalus,

"absolutely, they are...the law says if you're not a citizen, and you are here illegally, you are subject to deportation to your country of origin.."

But who shall determine the facts and details of this deportation?

Do you suggest that this should be determined by a Border Patrol agent?

Who shall issue the order of deportation?

You seem to completely reject the notion of due process.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

i reject anything that delays the removal of persons in this country, who gained entry illegally.

i reject these excuses people keep coming up with for NOT sending these people home, and continuing to give them things at our expense.

it's really not hard to determine the only fact that matters: citizenship.

if you're not a citizen, you go away. it's really just that simple..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

"if you're not a citizen, you go away. it's really just that simple.."

It seems that you are simply unwilling to cope with the questions that I have asked.

Who sends them away?

Who signs the forms?

Is due process a joke to you?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

She seemed like a very nice lady. Probably would make a good citizen.

Why doesn't she just find a good immigration lawyer and sort things out? Certainly it would ease her mind a bit, and be a prudent hedge against the troubles she may encounter by being here illegally.

Or is being a citizen of the US NOT WORTH shelling out a few bucks? and spending a little time to achieve? Or taking a few risks?

Nobody here is talking about building death camps, or even putting people in prison. She doesn't have that much to fear (obviously, since she doesn't seem very nervous about coming forward with her case in the public eye.) She may have to go in front of an immigration judge, plead her case, and worst case have to return to her home and then get a valid Visa to get back here. The laws that are challenging her legality also protect her.

She seems nice -- but maybe she is a little lazy, a bit self-centered, unable to see the big picture? I don't want to judge, because I don't know all the facts. But maybe she feels that being a US citizen JUST IS NOT WORTH her time and effort? Maybe so.

Yeah -- I know -- it is a little unfair that I don't have that hassle, since I am already a US citizen. But being a US citizen means having to follow the laws of the US, whether you like them or not. So it is not like I am totally off the hook just because I was born here.

edit on 13-8-2014 by Axial Leader because: get it right!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Seems a little rough that you would want children to turn in their parents and relatives. I don't think that is part of any political agenda that could be supported in this country. Maybe in Germany in 1938 -- but not the USA in 2014.

Really, the US government should simply do its job, be firm but kind, give people their day in court, let them make a smooth transition back to where they came from, and give them some guidance on how to make themselves right with the US legally. It isn't an impossible task. It requires some moderate vigilance -- about the same type as protecting a bank or issuing traffic citations, or keeping a power plant running effectively.

The reason that this moderate vigilance doesn't exist is kind of a mystery to me, especially when you consider what people have sacrificed to keep the law and make it work for everyone. I think it must basically be drug money -- some weird connection like that -- just some basic well-hidden corruption that can infect things when you aren't careful.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join