It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul skitters away like a cockroach when confronted by two DREAM act activists.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dear ketsuko, Hello again.

"I don't care who they are or where they came from. I only care that they broke the laws and then leached off us. If we sent them back home, maybe all those goodies they received off my hard work would benefit their own country so that more like them could STAY THERE instead of coming here and demanding food, clothing, shelter, education, health care, and other things that I am currently struggling to provide my own child because I'm taxed to provide it all for them and others like them who come like ever increasing swarms of locusts from all over the world"

I think that Rand Paul deserves the benefit of the doubt in this case. I am not convinced.
Having said that, I would ask you what is fair and just when it comes to children who entered the USA with their parents.
Do you perhaps believe that they are not entitled to serve in the US military?
Should each and every illegal alien be rounded up tomorrow and "repatriated" to south of the border?
Is it possible that not one of these "Dreamers" deserves a chance in America?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yeah, we're so persecuted. That's why black people are almost 4x as likely to be arrested for marijuana possession despite similar rates of usage? Because white people are victimized by everyone else.

And we will continue that discrimination against black people by giving their jobs to illegals? Aren't black people persecuted enough (per YOU) without making their lives more miserable?

It's obvious that the progressives care little about the poor black people of THIS country, that they would willingly take away the rest of their jobs and homes and give them to the illegals.

But, no problem accusing the rest of us of racism, while destroying the lower and middle class of this country to make them feel 'compassionate' and 'caring', which they are NEITHER.

Racist and bigoted, again.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Come on now I am not a supporter of that party ATM moment but this thread is like the FOX in the hen house threads as absurdity goes. It is one sided without actually covering the issue or the facts.

You can do better. Don't lower yourself to the same level as others.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: LeatherNLace

The act of crossing the border is criminal in nature.

The act of remaining here is criminal in nature.

The fact they are here illegally makes them..............drum roll please...........Illegals.

And when we put all that together, he get this wonderful mixture of criminal and illegal acts...

They are illegally here. They are not supposed to be here.

When a law is broken, it is a criminal act.

This is not very hard to understand.......unless you are a Progressive and then it is "just different".

The act of crossing the border was a criminal act committed by the parents, not the child.

Let's say a young boy is riding in the car with his father and, along the way, the father stops to rob a bank...would you charge the boy as an accessory to the crime? Of course you wouldn't, as the child had no say in the matter. It's the same principle.

After growing up and being educated in America, setting roots, building personal relationships and making a successful life for themselves; I hardly see how anyone could demand that they give up everything they have earned and deport to a land that is foreign to them; a land where they have no roots, no prospects for a fruitful life...just so they can get on a waiting list to legally get back into the only country they know as home.

Call it what you wish...they may be here illegally according to the letter of the law...but they have done nothing criminal in neither spirit nor deed.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'd get up and run from a couple activists myself. Can't blame Paul for doing that, but it appears that there was more context behind this story than is what has been presented.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The problem is when you give amnesty once it sets a precadent. If part of the DREAM Act is to ensure this never happens again sign me up.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Call it what you wish...they may be here illegally according to the letter of the law...but they have done nothing criminal in neither spirit nor deed.

What do you think happens when we allow the children of bank robbers to use the money their parents stole?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

They continue to be here ILLEGALLY.

Since the parents are here ILLEGALLY, deport them and the child goes with. Once the child is of an adult age, they can submit for US citizenship.

Not very difficult to understand.

I guess that since the bank-robber has continued to rob the same bank over the span of 8 years, it is okay because he has established "roots" and is using the free bank pens and the money to spend within the neighborhood.

In your scenario, the Parent, and I use this loosely as no real parent would endanger their child's life with jeopardizing their future, would be arrested and the child would be turned over to a LEGAL relative or become a ward of the state if they are a US citizen.

But, since in your example, the bank-robber is a Criminal ILLEGAL, and the child is an ILLEGAL, they both should be deported, after the parent is punished per the law regarding robbery.

See......even by your example they should be returned to their country of origin.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Do you perhaps believe that they are not entitled to serve in the US military?
Should each and every illegal alien be rounded up tomorrow and "repatriated" to south of the border?
Is it possible that not one of these "Dreamers" deserves a chance in America?

I would like to address this if you don't mind. These children are entitled to everything their own Country has to offer and if that Country isn't offering what they want and deserve, then they should fight for it, like we try to do here. Every illegal, whether south of the border or wherever else they are from should be deported and their children along with them. We need our resources and help for our own poor people first.

All children deserve a chance at a good life no matter where they are from. We have been overwhelmed with numbers of people from south of the border. We have other foreigners from elsewhere wanting to come here too you know and many of them do...legally.

You shouldn't be allowed special privileges just because you waltzed across the border. We do not reward and give special privileges to the poor children who's parent robbed a bank do we?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

After growing up and being educated in America, setting roots, building personal relationships and making a successful life for themselves; I hardly see how anyone could demand that they give up everything they have earned and deport to a land that is foreign to them; a land where they have no roots, no prospects for a fruitful life...just so they can get on a waiting list to legally get back into the only country they know as home.

Though I can certainly sympathize with their plight, It the parents who put them in the position that they are in. It is the reason that these kids are here illegally. It is not the fault of the citizens of this Country who are paying thousands of their tax dollars to help school these kids and everything else. That money could be helping the millions of homeless and hungry citizens who are sleeping in tent cites and on the streets. Until our own desperate people are taken care of, we cannot be the world's savior.

Those dreamers when they come of age can apply for citizenship like anyone coming through the proper channels. But apply from the Country where they are from.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What part of "here illegally" do these DREAMers not get. And what part of we (who are here legally) fed them, etc., do they not appreciate when they then demand yet more from us as if they are somehow owed it?

I don't care who they are or where they came from. I only care that they broke the laws and then leached off us. If we sent them back home, maybe all those goodies they received off my hard work would benefit their own country so that more like them could STAY THERE instead of coming here and demanding food, clothing, shelter, education, health care, and other things that I am currently struggling to provide my own child because I'm taxed to provide it all for them and others like them who come like ever increasing swarms of locusts from all over the world.

What a crock.

"And what part of we (who are here legally) fed them, etc."
"then leached off us."
"I'm taxed to provide it all for them and others like them who come like ever increasing swarms of locusts from all over the world"

Is that so? Care to back that up with some numbers? As you are well aware, illegal aliens are not eligible for FOOD STAMPS, unemployment, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid or any federally subsidized housing assistance. Why do you keep pushing this?

then wtf are they here for, the weather?

where are they living, how are they eating, how can you live here without money, free medical is good.

and they are walking around a place they shouldn't be.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Dear Night Star,

"Every illegal, whether south of the border or wherever else they are from should be deported and their children along with them. We need our resources and help for our own poor people first."

So your position is that each and every illegal immigrant should be rounded up tomorrow morning and "repatriated".
How much money should we spend? If a 3 year old arrived with her parents from Honduras in 2001, for instance, should we pay for the flight to Tegucigalpa?
Perhaps you feel that she deserves nothing more than a trip to the Mexican border.

I am sure that you are not cold and heartless.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Oh man, thanks for the laugh! Until they exit and re-enter the U.S. legally, I don't care what you or these idiots calling themselves "Dreamers" say. I have never aided and abetted criminals before, and I sure as hell won't start doing it now!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Dear Night Star,

"Every illegal, whether south of the border or wherever else they are from should be deported and their children along with them. We need our resources and help for our own poor people first."

So your position is that each and every illegal immigrant should be rounded up tomorrow morning and "repatriated".
How much money should we spend? If a 3 year old arrived with her parents from Honduras in 2001, for instance, should we pay for the flight to Tegucigalpa?
Perhaps you feel that she deserves nothing more than a trip to the Mexican border.

No amnesty,deport them all.I am beyond tired of the crime and fraud,deport them all.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

A bus trip back is the answer.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Dear Night Star,

Of course I am not cold and heartless and this issue of illegal immigration should have been dealt with many, many years ago. These Countries that the people are coming from should be forced to be a better place for those running away from them.

I don't say to send them all back today or tomorrow. They should get a fair warning where they have enough time to work out how they will return home. If the jobs are no longer available or any benefits they will return home on their own. Some have done so already. Contrary to popular belief, Americans are extremely generous and compassionate. There would surely be people donating to help them go back.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Political trolling. Isn't this a violation of TOS?

Interesting juxtaposition of terms, too. A classic projection technique favored by liberals. I know who the cockroaches are, and Rand Paul isn't one of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

because they get it anyway?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Then make them legal.

and cut off at the knees people who have been waiting to become citizens, through the system?

surely, you're not suggesting we piss all over these people, to give criminals a free pass, are you?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join