Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Rand Paul skitters away like a cockroach when confronted by two DREAM act activists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's amazing how disconnected these two conservative poster boys are from reality.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) can be seen making a hasty retreat as an immigration rights activist confronts Rep. Steve King (R-IA) over the Republican Party’s latest move against immigration reform, in footage posted by the DREAM Action Coalition Monday night.

The video, which was shot during a fundraiser in Okoboji, Iowa, shows Paul biting into a hamburger as coalition co-director Erika Andiola introduces herself to King. As soon as she tells King, “I’m actually a DREAMer, myself” — referring to young undocumented immigrants covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program — Paul puts the burger down and appears to be chewing more rapidly as a staff member leads him away from the conversation.

Link

Rest of the article along with the video in the link above.

Supposedly Rand Paul got out of there so fast that he left skid marks.

I think "skid marks" is a very good nickname for Mr. Paul from now on.

The woman in the video that can be seen arguing back and forth with Steve King is Erika Andiola a graduate from ASU. These two young persons were brought here by their parents when they were kids, they grew up here and many of them even managed graduating college even though they are here illegally. But apparently Mr. King and along with many House Republicans think we should deport these people back to their home countries and that is beyond my comprehension.

We educated them, we fed them, the government already made an investment in these young people when they attended public school here in the U.S. and now we won't allow them to contribute to society?

I really don't know what's more offensive, the fact that Rand Paul got out of there so fast, or Mr. King complimenting the woman on her English.

+38 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Nice hit piece!

What they failed to say in the article, was that Rand had promised to be right with a reporter to answer a few questions before this took place. He got up to leave so that he could do what he had promised.

But hey, isn't dishonesty and lies what politics and reporting is all about these days?

Here is the "MSNBC" video, where you can plainly see that Rand Paul was motioned too by someone to go. Hell, they admitted it on MSNBC. The big issue was with Steve King, not Rand Paul, but I guess when you can try to nail two birds with one stone, what the hell, aye?

edit on 6-8-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-8-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What part of "here illegally" do these DREAMers not get. And what part of we (who are here legally) fed them, etc., do they not appreciate when they then demand yet more from us as if they are somehow owed it?

I don't care who they are or where they came from. I only care that they broke the laws and then leached off us. If we sent them back home, maybe all those goodies they received off my hard work would benefit their own country so that more like them could STAY THERE instead of coming here and demanding food, clothing, shelter, education, health care, and other things that I am currently struggling to provide my own child because I'm taxed to provide it all for them and others like them who come like ever increasing swarms of locusts from all over the world.

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Soooooo, an illegal (Who should have been detained and deported) confronts King, and Paul leaves the area is what again????

And if he did skedaddle on, what is the issue?? Arguing with morons like "Dreamers", who are in fact here illegally, isn't exactly something that is of any value.
They aren't citizens. They represent people that value good feelings and excuses as to why it is okay to break laws. They don't vote legally. Soooo, why should an elected official waste time with them?

This kind of crap makes me watch this video and laugh...www.liveleak.com...

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You may call him a cockroach and a skid Mark I still call him a patriot

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
" Rand Paul skitters away like a cockroach when confronted by two DREAM act activists. "

So Paul wipes his mouth off, gets up slowly, and .....

What?

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So, when do we get to see those potential "DREAM'ers/DACA" with gang tattoos or in prison doing interviews? What? MSNBC isn't interested in that?

Those gang-bangers you'll never see on MSNBC are no more representative of DREAM/DACA kids than this girl is.

That's what I hate about the "news" in this country - if 99 out of a hundred were MS-13 members, you can be sure there are organizations that would find the "1" that went to Harvard Law to make the poster-child to represent *all* - the so-called news, and those create and spoon-feed their distortions lies, so that news outlets repeat their propaganda, in the name of the "greater good." as they see it.

Not even talking about the DREAM act, really, just annoyed that the news media don't even care anymore if they're blatantly lying - they have an agenda to sell, and when truth gets in the way of the agenda, well, "truth" becomes road-kill.

There's barely any objective media, most "journalists" just find things that support their world-view, and ignore anything that contradicts it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What part of "here illegally" do these DREAMers not get. And what part of we (who are here legally) fed them, etc., do they not appreciate when they then demand yet more from us as if they are somehow owed it?

I don't care who they are or where they came from. I only care that they broke the laws and then leached off us. If we sent them back home, maybe all those goodies they received off my hard work would benefit their own country so that more like them could STAY THERE instead of coming here and demanding food, clothing, shelter, education, health care, and other things that I am currently struggling to provide my own child because I'm taxed to provide it all for them and others like them who come like ever increasing swarms of locusts from all over the world.

What a crock.

"And what part of we (who are here legally) fed them, etc."
"then leached off us."
"I'm taxed to provide it all for them and others like them who come like ever increasing swarms of locusts from all over the world"

Is that so? Care to back that up with some numbers? As you are well aware, illegal aliens are not eligible for FOOD STAMPS, unemployment, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid or any federally subsidized housing assistance. Why do you keep pushing this?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
" Rand Paul skitters away like a cockroach when confronted by two DREAM act activists. "

What?

Goes back to blabbering? Profiting off of plagiarism and blaming his staffers?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The Anchor baby provides the parents with the ability to apply for food stamps.

They are still in the schools, sucking resources away from US citizens.
They are still sucking tax money to ICE to stop them.
Job growth in several cities are all due to illegals taking said jobs.

They still go to hospitals, receive medical care and skip out on the bill.

Shall I go on???

Besides the fact they are here ILLEGALLY...what is your defense of such things?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Soooooo, an illegal (Who should have been detained and deported) confronts King, and Paul leaves the area is what again????

And if he did skedaddle on, what is the issue?? Arguing with morons like "Dreamers", who are in fact here illegally, isn't exactly something that is of any value.
They aren't citizens. They represent people that value good feelings and excuses as to why it is okay to break laws. They don't vote legally. Soooo, why should an elected official waste time with them?

This kind of crap makes me watch this video and laugh...www.liveleak.com...

So it's an issue of legality? Then make them legal. Do you presuppose that anything that isn't legal is therefore wrong and shouldn't be changed?

At various times in our history, seditious speech was illegal and people were locked up for it. Afterwards, the law was changed and people were given pardons. Do you know how many people on ATS alone would be locked up if those laws still stood?

To quote Thomas Jefferson:

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Even though this is a hit posting, and there is already a good explanation for his rapid departure, I would suggest that even IF he had NOTHING to do but campaign...why WASTE HIS TIME talking to non-citizens breaking our laws?

please tell, what GOOD reason has he to talk to them? Unless...he also plans to grant amnesty across the board.
I hope not. Therefore, refusing to talk to them is a GOOD sign and a good reason to vote for him.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So, let me get this straight.....The issue is in fact legality and this little thing of committing a crime by coming here in the manner that they did.
So, you propose rewarding illegal criminals with legal status.

Yep, 1+1 really does equal potato.

How about this. Deport those here illegally. Punish those that break laws. Stop rewarding bad behavior.

I guess that is only applicable to White US Citizens.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: xuenchen

What?

Goes back to blabbering? Profiting off of plagiarism and blaming his staffers?

But obviously Paul was not addressed by the "Dream Girl" and had nothing to do with it !!!

She was going after the other guy, not Paul.

Paul didn't even appear to know who she was

Then MSNBC changes the story and the "Dream Girl" goes along with the whole charade.

Gives the Dreamers a bad name I think.

She set the "Dream" effort back out of field goal range by at least 20 yards !!

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
hey..........look! Your agenda is showing!

Seriously of all people Rand Paul? you tried to do a hit piece on Rand?

Im not a huge repub suporter but this guy makes WAY more sense then anyone else in the party right now........

PS To other folks in the thread, dont look for the OP to be coming back, he likes to hit and run....

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

I guess that is only applicable to White US Citizens.

Yeah, we're so persecuted. That's why black people are almost 4x as likely to be arrested for marijuana possession despite similar rates of usage? Because white people are victimized by everyone else.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

So, let me get this straight.....The issue is in fact legality and this little thing of committing a crime by coming here in the manner that they did. So, you propose rewarding illegal criminals with legal status.

That's quite the stretch, calling DREAMERS criminals. These people were brought here as kids; by no choice of their own. They were educated in our public schools and universities and have gone on to be productive members of society. This is their home; it is the only place many of them can ever remember living. Many of them only speak one language, English. These people are hardly criminal.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
PS To other folks in the thread, dont look for the OP to be coming back, he likes to hit and run....

The content and facts do not matter, only the headline matters to the OP. The attack title is all that matters.

That is why the titles are always a distortion of the facts, so search engines will bring up favorable terms for the supporters of illegal activity and a southern border invasion.

So, yeah, OP won;t be back here, but surely the OP will have another distorted attack titled thread up soon to further the agenda of those that hate the U.S.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I love biased posts and headlines.

How about......

"Rand Paul graciously leaves before argument can ensue".

He wasn't even in the conversation, he was just at the table and left when another person came to retrieve him. Also didn't notice he started "chewing faster". Imagination is a wonderful thing as it allows someone to see what they want to sometimes.

You can describe any situation many ways. Depending on how a person words something you can clearly see what their agenda is and which side they worship.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd love to try that:

"Mr. Congressman, I'd like to know where you stand on reforming our banking laws. I think Congress and the President should act to give a path to legality for undocumented bankers like myself so we may continue to print as much currency as we like. If the Federal Reserve Bank can do it, why should Treasury agents hound me when I print money? Mr. Congressman, where are you going? Mr. Congressman, come back! Meh, the guy is obviously a racist."

I'm hoping some mayor sets up a sanctuary city for undocumented bankers.

edit on 6-8-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: My post, I can edit it if I want to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join