<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Good...then there's hope.

Hope for what? More failed policies?

...cuz your GOP has been a model of leadership and effectiveness?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: TDawgRex

"Progs use emotional reporting because to be truthful, that is the easiest way of controlling the message. Pushing peoples buttons is a hell of a lot easier than trying to educate them and have them form their own opinions independently of outside interference."

So we have determined that "Progs" use emotional reporting to control the message. I sure hope that the right wing doesn't discover our secret!

Oh...ALL sides do such. I have no doubt about that at all. But progressives seem to be masters at it unfortunately. Almost every time the right tries it, it turns on them, and they almost always screw it up. They're not very consistent.

But then again, the left has been so consistent that they are losing their target audience through apathy.

Maybe that's a good thing in the long run. One side is amateurs and the other is now just boring and people are starting to think for themselves.

edit on 6-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like a massive super-collective network of ultra Everything must come from the central committee so they keep the stories straight and according to plans and wishes of the puppet masters.

You mean.. BUSH IS BACK? Oh no!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So where is the whole list of these characters????

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It is the best there is...always going to have conservatives and liberals, regardless of the name. But no matter what the cheats and scammers will blame it on someone previous and not accept responsibility.
Accepting responsibility and hard work is the hallmark of a conservative. Liberals will claim they have the same values, but will spend everyone else's money to accomplish the same goal.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Good...then there's hope.

Hope for what? More failed policies?

...cuz your GOP has been a model of leadership and effectiveness?

Right: Your poop smells bad.
Left: Your poop smells bad too.

Typical American citizen: Both of your poop smells bad, and it is all over us.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sadly this doesnt suprise me. AAnd I feel this is only just scratching tthe surface of the media monopoly. He who controls the media, and information to the masses, will infact be able to sway public opinion any way they want, create chaos, and fuel the fire that is burning this country down to a smoldering pile of ash. The same country that would have considered these people to be traitors a century ago. WHAT A MESS

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I was a bit thrown off by the term 'emotional correctness' as well. After googling it, I have come to the conclusion it was coined by Progressives who are only now realizing that screaming emotional talking points does not make for a persuasive argument.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Bear always in mind that the idea of there being secret gatherings, proceeding, and agendas is the stuff people like these listed here proclaim to be both ""nonsense" and the products of lurid imaginative tendencies... just straight out paranoia and lunacy.

These admonishments are constantly at the ready by those whose very 'secret' intentions are meant to be disbelieved.

But the darkness cannot long conceal the light- because their secrets are their weaknesses.

... have we not been warned of these things for over a century? Yes we were...

John Swinton, the former Chief of Staff at the New York Times, was asked to toast the prestigious New York Press Club in 1880 (Swinton was called "The Dean of His Profession" by his fellows in the press who considered him the 'quintessential journalist'):

" There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job.

If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "

and perhaps more recently (although there remain some who insist the speaker I'll post below meant nothing... nothing real, nothing to worry about....)

And then of course there was this warning about a very specific group.... but then... we are consistently told that was a different time... and meant "something else..."

Today a vast expanse of so-called NGOs manipulate our feelings, our desires, and worse, our knowledge of the truth - at nearly every turn, covering nearly every aspect of our lives....

Peace.

edit on 7-8-2014 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Ah, my brain shrank two sizes this day, just reading this OP... and it's still big enough to recognize team propaganda when it reads it.

Keep on cheering for your team, deep in the pockets of the idiot/brilliant overlords bent on removing those pesky rights written into this country's screed and solidifying everyone else into the slave class... while the other "team" mildly protests about the corporate sponsorship while shilling for the other face of the same set of overlords but concentrating on a more boring, homogeneous society to feel like they've actually done something to better the average slob's plight.

Both sides are irrelevant and sickening ... but I must say, at least the progs have their hearts in the right place, though they've been neutered, while wing-nuts don't have any heart and wedge their heads firmly up their own rears.

Janos rules...

Their hearts in the right place??? Can't you recognize bull when you see it? Choose what you WANT to do, then find a moral talking point to explain it. The moral emotion is NEVER what they really mean. It is nothing but lies. Which makes them worse than the right. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Is it a secret plot or just lazy journalists who find it easier to steal each other's copy?
A bit of both is my guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
S & F
Great read and Sh&t,,,,, I guess I should go back to reading the Old People's Daily, it's just as truthful I guess.
It's the Newspaper from the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It explains why so much of the media sounds so much the same.

No, that's because almost every major news outlet gets it info from Associated Press.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hello TDawg, Once again you make me think.

"But then again, the left has been so consistent that they are losing their target audience through apathy.
Maybe that's a good thing in the long run. One side is amateurs and the other is now just boring and people are starting to think for themselves."

You are right that apathy is a big problem for the left (meaning Democrats)
It's much harder to encourage political engagement that political apathy.

But I do question your claim that people are starting to think for themselves.
It seems to me that most people are focused on who they would vote against,
not who they would support.
Buttons have never been so easy to push.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Ya, you may be right, apathy can also mean that they're just plain 'ol bored and watching the latest reality show. But I'm a optimist and hope that people are ditching the two parties and actually thinking for themselves.

Not a big believer in polls either, but many polls are saying such.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Hello again TDawg,

I think that I might possibly disagree with everything that you say,

But I think that you are the wisest Dawg that I've ever encountered.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It would be awesome to discover all the little details of what is being scripted in to every story, like the stereotypes they smother the news with. With this big group of members, they must be utilizing various phrase lists and methods to sway public opinion the way they want

"All Christians are right wing republicans" "All gun lovers are republicans, or are conservatives."
"A woman's right to choose" (But you can't choose lots of things they don't like)"

I am pretty sure that long list of group members would be utilizing all these propaganda ploys to help "spread the word"

And we can see it has some success with how so many people become puppets and parrots of the media, which can be seen everywhere.
Since they use these stereotypes and repeat them so often, they probably have a list of those too.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Hello again TDawg,

I think that I might possibly disagree with everything that you say,

But I think that you are the wisest Dawg that I've ever encountered.

And I'm potty trained as well!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Dear Canus Rex,

"And I'm potty trained as well!"

You certainly are!
But sometimes you just gotta give a sh**!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join