1,000-Member Secretive Progressive Journalist Group Uncovered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Looks like a massive super-collective network of ultra Left Wing "journalists" has been discovered by "accident".

Lots of well known names involved.

No wonder we keep getting the "same old stories" over and over that sound so alike.

Guess they need an ant colony of similarity to put together anything readable these days.

No "Individualism" allowed I bet.

Everything must come from the central committee so they keep the stories straight and according to plans and wishes of the puppet masters.

Gamechanger Salon is the game name now.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A prominent CNN commentator, the top two political reporters for The Huffington Post, a Reuters reporter, the editor of The Nation magazine, a producer for Al Jazeera America television, a U.S. News & World Report columnist, and approximately two dozen Huffington Post contributors are among the more than 1,000 members of Gamechanger Salon.

Founded by leftwing activist Billy Wimsatt, the group is a secretive digital gathering of writers, opinion leaders, activists and political hands who share information, ideas and strategy via a closed Google group.

The group’s existence was discovered by Media Trackers through an open records request filed with a University of Wisconsin professor who happened to be a member of the network.

1,000-member secretive progressive journalist group uncovered

According to the website Media Trackers ... it’s a high-brow far left collective – “a secretive digital gathering of writers, opinion leaders, activists and political hands who share information, ideas and strategy via a closed Google group.”

Members of Gamechanger Salon – who are warned not to share their missives with outsiders – include reporters and editors at CNN, The Huffington Post, Reuters and even a former Fox News contributor. These mainstream media not only promote their appearances within the group, they are regularly fed a diet of progressive red meat from the icons of America’s liberal establishment: The AFL-CIO, CODEPINK, NARAL, Planned Parenthood, Greenpeace, the Economic Policy Institute, Moveon.org and many others whose leaders are included within the group.

“Gamechanger Salon:” The Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy?

Almost like that old JournoList that got exposed a few years ago.

Looks like they re-convened in a new location and re-grouped and re-named themselves.

edit on Aug-06-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It explains why so much of the media sounds so much the same.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It doesn't surprise me in the least......

People on both sides of the political fence should be embarrassed that they allow themselves to be led by the psyops of these two criminal organizations we call the Democrats and Republicans.....

The one thing that really caught my attention from this whole article though? Were these two words, Emotional Correctness!

Now most of us can be honest enough to admit the damage that "Political Correctness" has done to this country, but Emotional Correctness?

Absolutely disgusting!!!

Now we can see how the Progressives have engineered emotional reactions as a political tool! They just admitted it!!!

"It's for the children........" Sickening, absolutely sickening.......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yep. Both sides.
And don't forget the intelligence agencies as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Truly "unbiased" journalism (whatever that might be) is quite rare, I would think. Every journalist and media executive has an agenda or an ideology or a worldview that conflicts with other worldviews - just like every other human being.

We tend to see people who agree with us as "unbiased" and concerned with "the truth", while those with whom we disagree are "biased" and only concerned with winning the argument.

We see things as they really are, while others have a flawed or skewed view of reality and world events.

We also like to surround ourselves with like-minded people so that our views are reinforced and challenges to our perspective are few.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

"He who controls the flow of information, controls the masses."

Progs use emotional reporting because to be truthful, that is the easiest way of controlling the message. Pushing peoples buttons is a hell of a lot easier than trying to educate them and have them form their own opinions independently of outside interference.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

G,day mate.
hmmm explains a lot does it not/same poppycock diff. channel
barbed wire and ant hills comes to mind
yep can supply you with both

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Good find S&F now to go read the dirt and see if there are any RT staff on there lol a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good...then there's hope.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I suspect there are many more rings, right & left

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Good...then there's hope.

Hope for what? More failed policies?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

"He who controls the flow of information, controls the masses."

Progs use emotional reporting because to be truthful, that is the easiest way of controlling the message. Pushing peoples buttons is a hell of a lot easier than trying to educate them and have them form their own opinions independently of outside interference.

This is also why they have stopped teaching critical thinking skills in the schools. Instead, we teach emotional subjects and social engineering more than the fundamentals and critical thinking and logic. Without training in true thought, you cannot tell that the media is like the emperor, it has no clothes on.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There are groups of journalists conspiring to repeatedly bash us over the head with the same white bat over and over while telling us the bat is black until we believe the bat is black?

You don't say.

And so-called "Conservatives" are not using the same lame tactics as the so-called "progressives?

OK I don't believe that last part.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

There are many rings, I'm sure. The Right has them as well.

Dubbed Groundswell, this coalition convenes weekly in the offices of Judicial Watch, the conservative legal watchdog group. During these hush-hush sessions and through a Google group, the members of Groundswell—including aides to congressional Republicans—cook up battle plans for their ongoing fights against the Obama administration, congressional Democrats, progressive outfits, and the Republican establishment and "clueless" GOP congressional leaders. They devise strategies for killing immigration reform, hyping the Benghazi controversy, and countering the impression that the GOP exploits racism. And the Groundswell gang is mounting a behind-the-scenes organized effort to eradicate the outsize influence of GOP über-strategist/pundit Karl Rove within Republican and conservative ranks. (For more on Groundswell's "two front war" against Rove—a major clash on the right—click here.)

Source

Both sides have their little clubs where they try to coordinate agendas. I find it pretty hypocritical to blast the Left for doing it when the Right does it as well. But hey, what do you expect these days?
edit on 8/6/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ahhh, the Fourth Estate. Of course they aren't steering anything, right…..they're just reporting what's happening.
Hmmmm.
tetra

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Political hatchet job OP. Some of those same media members also subscribe to right wing media think tanks. Guess they like to play both sides of the street. Oh I know, maybe they just like to subscribe to things so they get alerts right away. Sort of like I subscribe to Heritage's email letters. Does that make me part of a right wing "opinion leader" network??? What a joke, it's postings like this that make me realize how badly one faction in particular can sling mud but bury their head up their bungholes when "their own" do exactly the same thing.

Now, please continue your typical mud slinging and be sure to use as many politically charged invectives as you can.

BTW, "TED" in the article stands for Technology, Engineering and Design, TED talks are very popular and have no political leanings (so why they got dragged into this hit-piece is beyond me.)

EAGnew.org, which is disseminating this BS topic article, gets their information from right wing organizations like the Cato Institute, Freedom Works, and Heritage Foundation just to name a few. What do you expect them to say? But I guess those organizations are not considered "opinion leaders" spoon-feeding "news" to a secretive journalist group, huh? Of course they do.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

LOL this is right wing whining at it's best. Consider the right wing source that is writing this and the other right wing sources like Freedom Works , the Cato Institute, the Illinois review and many more where they got this so called conspiracy from. Just typical whining from the right. Again!

PS ever hear of Groundswell? Or how about Bush admin. planting positive news about it's no child left behind act in newspapers, directly paying off reporters?

Bush administration payment of columnists
Third Journalist Was Paid to Promote Bush Policies
Administration Paid Commentator
Bush administration blurs media boundary

Now THOSE were scandals.

But in the interest of fairness, I don't care what subscriptions list of journo's comes up, that's not the same as a political party paying reporters to write specific favorable news about them (ala Bush). As I said, I subscribe to a large number of right wing lists, and left, to see what comes up.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The List exposed...

The List

Pretty.Hefty.Lefty

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

"Progs use emotional reporting because to be truthful, that is the easiest way of controlling the message. Pushing peoples buttons is a hell of a lot easier than trying to educate them and have them form their own opinions independently of outside interference."

So we have determined that "Progs" use emotional reporting to control the message. I sure hope that the right wing doesn't discover our secret!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ah, my brain shrank two sizes this day, just reading this OP... and it's still big enough to recognize team propaganda when it reads it.

Keep on cheering for your team, deep in the pockets of the idiot/brilliant overlords bent on removing those pesky rights written into this country's screed and solidifying everyone else into the slave class... while the other "team" mildly protests about the corporate sponsorship while shilling for the other face of the same set of overlords but concentrating on a more boring, homogeneous society to feel like they've actually done something to better the average slob's plight.

Both sides are irrelevant and sickening ... but I must say, at least the progs have their hearts in the right place, though they've been neutered, while wing-nuts don't have any heart and wedge their heads firmly up their own rears.

Janos rules...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join