It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling upon World to Rescue the Yazidis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yazidi Member of Iraqi Parliament collapses in tears after calling upon World to Rescue the Yazidis

"There is a collective attempt to exterminate the Yazidi people," she said.

"Similar to the fate of every other Iraqi, my people are being killed. The Shiites, Sunnis, Christians, Turkmen, Shabak people have been killed -- and now the Yazidi people are being killed."

Yazidis, among Iraq's smallest minorities, are of Kurdish descent, and their religion is considered a pre-Islamic sect that draws from Christianity, Judaism and Zoroastrianism.
www.cnn.com...

youtu.be...

The Yazidi are a ancient religious sect I spent time studying many years ago, one of the oldest surviving, and particularly fascinating. They have been persecuted for centuries.

Yazīdī, also spelled Yezīdī, Azīdī, Zedī, or Izdī, religious sect, found primarily in the districts of Mosul, Iraq; Diyarbakır, Turkey; Aleppo, Syria; Armenia and the Caucasus region; and parts of Iran. The Yazīdī religion combines Zoroastrian, Manichaean, Jewish, Nestorian Christian, and Islamic elements. The Yazīdī themselves are thought to be descended from supporters of the Umayyad caliph Yazīd I. They believe that they were created quite separately from the rest of humankind, being descended from Adam but not from Eve, and they have kept themselves strictly segregated from the people among whom they live. Although scattered and probably numbering only between 200,000 and 1,000,000, they have a well-organized society, with a chief sheikh as the supreme religious head and an emir, or prince, as the secular head.

The chief divine figure of the Yazīdī is Malak Ṭāʾūs (“Peacock Angel”), who is worshipped in the form of a peacock. He rules the universe with six other angels, but all seven are subordinate to the supreme God, who has had no direct interest in the universe since he created it. Malak Ṭāʾūs has often been identified by outsiders with the Judeo-Christian figure of Satan, causing the Yazīdīs to be inaccurately described as Devil worshippers. The seven angels are worshipped by the Yazīdī in the form of seven bronze or iron peacock figures called sanjaq, the largest of which weighs nearly 700 pounds (320 kg).

www.britannica.com...

I pray for all the peoples of the middle east, and the 30,000 thousand families, trapped in the Sinjar Mountains.
edit on 023131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
okay so how do we save these people? If we attack then we are viewed as the evil U.S. if we offer aid it is often intercepted.

How should we help?

Edit - Obviously "praying" only helps you.
edit on 6-8-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
okay so how do we save these people? If we attack then we are viewed as the evil U.S. if we offer aid it is often intercepted.

How should we help?

I can only pray.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's been this way since the middle ages and the break up of the first caliphate. Abbasid Sunnis were constantly warring with Shia Fatimids and Ayyubids, Seljuks always fighting the Armenian Christians, it just goes on and on. This kind of sh*t is just ingrained in Islam.

Not to say it's not ingrained in Christianity too, the Protestant-Catholic aspect of the 30 Years War alone is more than enough to match anything going on in the Islamic world at that time. But the fact remains: Christians don't do this kind of sh*t anymore.

Still, I have a feeling that at the core, these are still ethnic/tribal conflicts simply using religion as a (powerful) pretense.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Cruithneach because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

As I edited in my first reply "praying" helps you not the people you wish to assist.

Get off your knees and take action.

You began by posting a thread but do something.....collect food.....do something to help.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The U.S. cannot help. It literally destroys everything it touches. It helped create ISIL. If you are not Sunni get out of Iraq now and don't look back. There was a chance to make a modern state but it's too late now. The "cleaners" are in there mopping up.

When we look at the persecuted, whom do we really blame? There are so many choices as nearly all religions persecute all the others when provided the least bit of power to do so.

No religion, no problems.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

As I edited in my first reply "praying" helps you not the people you wish to assist.

Get off your knees and take action.

You began by posting a thread but do something.....collect food.....do something to help.

undoubtedly

she is calling upon World, I am trying to help her reach more people, the best I can.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Ma'am, with all due respect,

The US will not help. The US's primary goal is to create as much instability as possible in the Middle East and throughout the entire globe. The foreign policies set in place by our current dictator do nothing to settle growing animosity amongst religious factions in different parts of the world. The US lies, talks big, and carries a tiny stick. The US foreign policy lacks the ethics, courage, morality to help people.

Sincerely,

beez

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I understand, bee,I just had to post this,for her and them.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Don't blame the U.S. for everything.

How #ing hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Death of a religion: Isis and the Yezidi

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

They are scared of lettuce. They abhor pumpkins. They practise maybe the oldest religion in the world. And now, after at least 6,000 years, they are finally being exterminated, even as I write this. If you haven’t noticed this epochal crime – the raping and the slaughter – you’re not alone. Of late, the world has focused on the horrors of Gaza. When we’ve had time to acknowledge the Satanic cruelties of Isis, in Iraq, we’ve looked to the barbaric treatment of women, and Christians. Yet the genocide of the Yezidi, by Isis, is as evil as anything going on right now in the Middle East; it is also uniquely destructive of a remarkable cultural survival. So who are the Yezidi? Some years ago I studied them when researching a thriller. I also traveled to meet their small diaspora community, in Celle, north Germany. And what I found was astonishing. Yezidism is much older than Islam, and much older than Christianity. It is also deeply peculiar. The Yezidi honour sacred trees. Women must not cut their hair. Marriage is forbidden in April. They avoid wearing dark blue because it is "too holy".

Taking all this evidence into account, a fair guess is that Yezidism is a vastly ancient form of bird-worship, that could date back 6,000 years or more. If this is right, it means that Yezidism is therefore the Ur-religion, the mother ship of Middle Eastern faiths, and it is us who have incorporated Yezidi myths and beliefs into our religions, of Christianity and Islam and Judaism.

And now, in the dusty cities of northern Iraq, Yezidism is finally dying. Moloch has returned to devour the gentle and peaceful Yezidi people, in the form of hateful, virulent, sadistic Islamism. Put it another way, the devil has revealed a sense of irony, even as the rest of us sit back, and passively watch the most ancient culture in the world being erased from human history.

edit on 033131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Don't blame the U.S. for everything.

How #ing hypocritical.

Stop

edit on 033131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The foreign policies set in place by our current dictator-in-chief do nothing to settle growing animosity

Fixed it for you.

Gotta be politically correct.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Amid Ethnic Cleansing of Christians, ISIS Now Massacres Iraq's Yezidi Minority

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

He rules the universe with six other angels, but all seven are subordinate to the supreme God, who has had no direct interest in the universe since he created it

so... God isn't interested in his own universe now?
(that right there shows how this instantly clashes with the bibles take on things)
still, the yezidi seem to represent a potential (quasi-monotheistic) stumbling block..

when empires get reshuffled, there are usually some various splinter groups around who 'know too much'
something VERY strange is going on here..
"peacock" deities, 7 divine rishis, etymology of various names here (yezidi, malak) ..claimed lineage to adam, but not eve?

..all that's missing is a "stargate"

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We've just had this on BBC main news in the UK and I was checking these Yazidis oiut on the internet, now I see this on ATS. Seems real shame if this pre Islam religion is cleansed from iraq. The Jews have been cleansed, the Christians and Yazidis are going the same way. These are the original people of the region, now this relatively new idea called Islam is totally taking over and eradicating the ancients in this lan, just lke in the countries around them. Baghdad was half Jewish only one generation ago, now not one person from that religion exists there. Are these Yazidis and Christians now going the same way? What a shame.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, with ISIS knocking at the doors of Iraqi people, the Yazidis people are not the only one that are in danger

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
Well, with ISIS knocking at the doors of Iraqi people, the Yazidis people are not the only one that are in danger

and she made that point as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Part one of four videos, here it says the U.S. was protecting them at one point.

The History and Genocide of the Yezidis Part 1

youtu.be...

edit on 053131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

interesting observation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join