It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin BANS agricultural imports from sanctioning countries for 1 year

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Please stop the personal bickering and focus on the topic.

Do not reply to this mod note.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My point is this does not mean anything to the US but is going to hurt the EU.

French

german

really, brits are w***

16 bill
edit on 7-8-2014 by Reinmax because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Reinmax

yes, I have been thinking this is a plot by US to ruin EU, but EU hands are tied and must dance as the puppeteer moves...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wonder how popular Putin will be in Russia once food prices there spike up dramatically and bread lines become a big thing again.

Well, they do have a pretty good propaganda saturation machine for the people, so he will most likely remain pretty popular amongst the people for awhile anyhow, but eventually, people will start to get over the bravado and bull and simply want a nice meal.

Sad days though, I quite like Russian people and their general culture. Just a pain that a few jerkwad leaders demand endless tension. One day I suppose it will be clear as to why.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OK, am i missing something in this thread? ........... Belarus, he may ban imports from the sanctioning countries, however, Russia will still have access indirectly through Belarus, sure, prices may go up for them slightly but i'm sure that has been factored in. Russia will not starve. Now, as a secondary ....... if Russia impose a no fly zone on US and EU commercial traffic to the Far East over Russian territory, as they are threatening, that will cost US and EU carriers billions to re-route if not make it non-viable, how many airlines will go bankrupt if this happens

Putin, in my opinion is holding the best cards.

Just my opinion

Cheers
edit on 2014-08-07T12:19:36-05:002014Thu, 07 Aug 2014 12:19:36 -0500bThursday1908America/Chicago1412 by corblimeyguvnor because: Typo

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax
really, brits are w***

Instead of retaliating, Russia should be using its influence with the violent Russian-backed separatists to stop destabilizing Ukraine,” the official said.

So supplying funds and military support to Kiev backed troops who started the military invasion of the east is not destabilising?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: donhuangenaro

yes, I have been thinking this is a plot by US to ruin EU, but EU hands are tied and must dance as the puppeteer moves...

Now why would the US want to ruin the EU?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

So supplying funds and military support to Kiev backed troops who started the military invasion of the east is not destabilising?

You seem to be forgetting that the east is still Ukraine and so that is not an invasion, unlike what Russia did in Crimea now that was an invasion.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
sanctions look like this youtu.be...
edit on 7/8/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As CNBC pointed out, Russia has a lot of the markets it can buy from. The biggest loser in all of this will be the EU and Russian consumers. But those sanctions won't last long. Remember, EU imposed sanctions just for three months and they will 'review' them after that period. Ukrainian conflict will be probably resolved by then or EU will make sure that Ukrainian government starts a dialog, so until the end of the year, this conflict will probably be resolved.

And one more thing: the main catalyst for the sanctions was downing of the B 777 ... now more and more experts believe that Russia had nothing to do with it, so there won't be any reason left to keep these sanctions.
edit on 7-8-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not if the citizens of those areas decide they want autonomy, which they have, but they were invaded. Its a really terrible situation. Do you have no sympathy for those citizens? Its not like they invaded Kiev! Kiev invaded them, with western support.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 7-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Reinmax

That's the plan, hurting Europe, be sure the US will do anything to protect it's power (economical). This way the US is seen as ''safe'', good for their debt problem.

And Europe is stupid enough and just does what the US wants.

edit on 7-8-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: baburak

And one more thing: the main catalyst for the sanctions was downing of the B 777 ... now more and more experts believe that Russia had nothing to do with it, so there won't be any reason left to keep these sanctions.

Great find pal!!!
Deserves it's own thread as well!!!

Peace baburak!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

actually that was the first thing I thought myself, I will face palm myself, no one else needs to, but I did and do think it.
the whole worlds gone stark raving mad

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The more I look into this the more I am convinced that what we will see if a few months of a few products being banned. It is only a year ban and seems to have all kinds of little things like taking time coming up with a list but, at the same time making sure that product can be replaced without a big jump in inflation which is already up. I would guess by the time to come up with the list and get around to making other arrangements most of the year ban will be up anyway. I suspect that nobody inside or outside Russia will be effected very much at all. If the real intent was a true ban it would not be only one year, it would be until santions are lifted.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The more I look into this the more I am convinced that what we will see if a few months of a few products being banned. It is only a year ban and seems to have all kinds of little things like taking time coming up with a list but, at the same time making sure that product can be replaced without a big jump in inflation which is already up. I would guess by the time to come up with the list and get around to making other arrangements most of the year ban will be up anyway. I suspect that nobody inside or outside Russia will be effected very much at all. If the real intent was a true ban it would not be only one year, it would be until santions are lifted.

According to the latest reports the embargo has now come into force.

Link

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Russia can be completely self sufficient.

This is why Putin is laughing.

He had his govenment assess companies and exports.
Even with these sanctions. He prepared for this before signing Creamia to Russia.

Russian Economy was gearing to be self sufficent event before these events. Now that they feel secure. They are slowly cutting off the rest of the world with a big Middle finger.

Trade? HAA
Who needs trade when you have all the sources you need owning half a continent?
Trade is only to make the smaller countries feel secure. Lmao.
Now they panic as their security runs out. From lands that have been pillaged of resource for centries.
Russia is overflowing with resources. Infact Russia Sells a majority of exported resources to hungry countries.

All these sactions are doing is doing what russia wanted to do in the first place.
a Soverign nation that is completely self sufficient.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I agree, is about time that a country will retaliate in the same manner that they are been retaliated on, beside that, most of the US food items are already been banned from countries that don't like to feed poison to their own people.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax

originally posted by: MrSpad

According to the latest reports the embargo has now come into force.

Link

And I see it is limited as well. Baby foods and products, goat, lamb, rabbit, Salo a popular pork by product in Russia, proccesed or canned seafood, live animals, processed or canned vegetables, coffee, tea, drinking chocolate, chocolate, sugar or spices. Cereals, flour, malt, starch, Juices, beer, wine, liquors, soft drinks, eggs, honey, spices, vegetable oil or butter related products, soups, broths, sauces or chewing gum are all not banned.

So pretty much instead of selling Russia fresh foods they will only be selling them canned or processed foods. So Russia can stiil buy what it needs and the West simply has to can it first. And for meat short terms deals to sell live live stock intead of frozen meats can be made. So it does not seem this will have much effect on anybody in particular since it is only a year.

Of course this being Russia where the black market is nearly 50% of Russias GDP, half the country will be able to get around the santions anyway.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join