It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin BANS agricultural imports from sanctioning countries for 1 year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Hahaha, I love this place. It's like a zoo full of angry chimps pretending to understand international political theory.

Alright, Russia, let the hunger games begin.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Russians Starve? Really???? If you think foods is only grown in the US and EU you are naïve.

Russia has not said it is putting sanctions on the rest of the world... Just the US / Canada and the EU. It has said that it will switch to goods from countries outside of this group and there are plenty believe me. EU diplomats have already complained as they will be hit the hardest. The US knows it wont overly effect them unlike the EU.

Some south American countries have already been signed up and are very pleased including Argentina, Brazil. Turkey is also lining up. This isn't even including Asian countries such as china and India.

Not all food comes from the US and EU. Some countries within the EU have started to complain such as the Netherlands, finland and Germany as they will bear the most pain.

This will be interesting

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
a reply to: eisegesis

What about the farm equipment made in Germany and the EU?

And the other agricultural products...I.e. food, grain, fertilizer, etc?

Russians might have to wait in line for beets and potatoes again, but Putin wins this hand.

Except he doesnt win, the people will get tired of having no food, wearing crappy clothes, driving crappy cars, watching food prices go up as farming equipment, power generation and utilities revert back to the 1950's...

Then Putin loses confidence, the people stand up and get him removed.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax
Russians Starve? Really???? If you think foods is only grown in the US and EU you are naïve.

Russia has not said it is putting sanctions on the rest of the world... Just the US / Canada and the EU. It has said that it will switch to goods from countries outside of this group and there are plenty believe me. EU diplomats have already complained as they will be hit the hardest. The US knows it wont overly effect them unlike the EU.

Some south American countries have already been signed up and are very pleased including Argentina, Brazil. Turkey is also lining up. This isn't even including Asian countries such as china and India.

Not all food comes from the US and EU. Some countries within the EU have started to complain such as the Netherlands, finland and Germany as they will bear the most pain.

This will be interesting

India and China can barely feed their own people so I doubt there is much left over to export and with south america the further you ship it food becomes more expensive? Food prices go up, choices and quality go down.

He is cutting his nose off to spite his face IMO.

I agree it will be interesting, I just dont think he will come out of this better off.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric

Hahaha, I love this place. It's like a zoo full of angry chimps pretending to understand international political theory.

I'm pretty sure you know where the logout button is kiddo.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
You gotta hand it to him, thats an ace response

It is amazing just how blind people really are. Let me put things in perspective for everyone saying go Russia.

The best judge of how a country is really doing is the cost of food in relation to income %. Russians are at 38% American are at 8%. When this figure reaches 40% history has shown people revolt in mass. And all this idiot did was make the cost of food even more expensive.

Compared to the Russian economy it is like the roaring 20s in the western world. But I am sure people will keep believing the lies being put forward by good old RT......LIES.....LIES......LIES.
edit on 7-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric

Don't worry not every poster is either paid or blind. I see this for what it really is. All he did was hurt his own people. Good thing for him is he controls Russia's version of free speech.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

So because this poster does not agree with you they might as well not even comment in "your" thread OP. Are you so pro Russia that you are adopting Russian free speech theory into this thread.......It is what it is.
edit on 7-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
When those self-imposed sanctions start driving the mobs in Russia into poverty and famine, Putin will be toast. His corrupt regime is coming to an end.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wake me when Coca Cola is banned!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

So because this poster does not agree with you they might as well not even comment in "your" thread OP. Are you so pro Russia that you are adopting Russian free speech theory into this thread.......It is what it is.

I couldn't care less about his or your opinion. It's the tone that makes the music. Same goes for you

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Strong game he's playing, as Russia always has done in the past. They've been with their back to the wall with the whole world against them for many times, and always managed to get out of the situation.
All the naïve Westerns expected Putin to back off under the sanctions but they show they're not afraid (as their mothercountry loving inhabitants expect) and are ready to play more serious ball than the western forces would want to. Because he knows they don't want war with Russia. So he puts them under as much pressure as they're in, and one step further: a build up of force on the Ukrain border, saying it's to endorce peace there and announcing it bravely in the UN council as international political courtesy demands.

Really strong play. US/Europe can't do nothing or they'll face war. Sure they'll be able to blame Russia, again; as they do with everything they themselves instigated (the Ukrain situation f.i.) but the damage and despair is something their spoiled citizens won't tolerate. Russia (and every Soviet leader before Putin as well) really knows how to play the international game good. Would be nice if they'd pay that much attention to their own internal affairs, their own citizens as well because that's seriously lacking.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Don't worry not every poster is either paid or blind. I see this for what it really is. All he did was hurt his own people. Good thing for him is he controls Russia's version of free speech.

I was going to say the same thing.. Putin can go down this road and it could end up resulting in a famine for Russia. Since Russian government controls the media, I see them spinning the story to show the west refuses to sell them food and that the Russians who are affected must blame the west.

This is not a chess game.. This is Putin losing all sense of reality. This is Putin caring more about vanity than common sense and intelligence. This is putin once again assuming that foreign business will jump at the chance to get back into the Russian market. Putins actions do not appear to plan for the possibility that those sources will not sell back to Russia.

To reinforce that position Putin is banning the imports for 1 year. Why 1 year? Does he think food manufacturers affected are going to just sit up and start the sales back to Russia again? What if those sources fill the void by selling to other countries, creating a situation where those sources cannot sell what's needed to Russia.

edit on 7-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

I couldn't care less about his or your opinion. It's the tone that makes the music. Same goes for you

The tone you say. You have an opinion and so do I. It really is that simple. I think you have the right to say whatever you want even if you are pro-Russia and hate America. That is how free speech works. Truth is subjective and that is what we are putting forward.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
When you ban imports from American farm machine makers, you cause a shortage in parts. Russia would in effect be abandoning it's considerable fleet of American made farm equipment to the rust heap for lack of spare parts. To replace their existing fleet and switch to Chinese manufacturer's would put their farm industry into severe debt.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffTurkenton

or buy or produce cheaper 3rd party parts and flip everyone the bird when they complain about intellectual property

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

Which ain't going to happen overnight. China already makes cheap knock-off versions of American machines like John Deere. No matter who they line up to replace parts with it will cause a severe breakdown in the supply chain for parts. Hell, even when WTO or other trade negotiations alter even slightly trade caps it can cause years-long supply disruptions, it's partly why they coordinate that stuff so tightly and well in advance.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
yep making place for the old communist thinkings..most of Russia will support it inspite of wat western country's will tell you

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

then why are you making ridiculous statements like this

"To replace their existing fleet and switch to Chinese manufacturer's would put their farm industry into severe debt. "

knowing full well that that doesnt mean they need to replace their fleet and knock off parts are already being produced

god damn
why cant people just be objective
now im some kind of commie bastard for pointing out russia isnt nearly as dependent on imports as some are claiming
awesome

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
funny situation anyway...
we try to hit Russia with oure weakest point ....MONEY
the fools...!
the only good effect is that the western foodbanks will have plenty food supply's for there hunger starving citicens
edit on 7-8-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join