It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin BANS agricultural imports from sanctioning countries for 1 year

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The process of unhitching from Russia will be painful and take a couple of years but i agree they will be better off. Everytime former Russian satellites move to the EU there economy improves. It has alot to do with the corruption inharent in the Russian system. There is just alot of people to pay off from Putin on down.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Ukraine is more corrupt than Russia. Poroshenko government is no saint. They will milk EU and US by their strident anti-Russia-ism as this is the only trick left in their bag.

Only fools think Ukraine is bankrupt due to Russia.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
We are watching. Our best wishes with the Ukrainian people. Show us you are different than hooligans and Nazis that we know you are. Nation building is not in your genes.

Blaming Russia is the easy way out. How long will that work?

The fools on this website keep on comparing USSR to Russia. I keep on telling them Russia is not USSR.

Ukraine started its own destiny with breakup of USSR. The Ukraine and Russia took independent paths.

Ukraine is bankrupt due to its own problems.

edit on 9-10-2014 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

We are watching. Our best wishes with the Ukrainian people. Show us you are different than hooligans and Nazis that we know you are. Nation building is not in your genes.

Your racism is bubbling to the surface again.

Blaming Russia is the easy way out. How long will that work?

Until Russia stops interfering in the affairs of its neighbors.

The fools on this website keep on comparing USSR to Russia. I keep on telling them Russia is not USSR.

The wise on this website understand that the USSR was the product of centuries of Russian political evolution, and that Russia's leaders learned their statecraft as appartchiks of the Soviet state.

Ukraine started its own destiny with breakup of USSR. The Ukraine and Russia took independent paths.

...which "Russia" resents.

Ukraine is bankrupt due to its own problems.

And "Russia," meaning Putin, will do anything to prevent Ukraine from righting the situation.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A 19th century Russia exported 50 of all raw materials, Learn the history.
This is a good step towards independence from the poisoned food.
Many Americans are coming
  in Russia they say that it is Paradise.

In Russia there are healthy foods.
In Europe and the United States they are only for the rich and the poor Americans eat fast food.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I respect all reasonable people, regardless of their origin, I have had acquaintance with the different nations.
Russian and Americans are the closest to the people as a perfume in my opinion, if you combine that life will become better.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There is a very nice and kind people in America, I saw them, they suffer in the geo political games.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia

Ukraine is more corrupt than Russia. Poroshenko government is no saint. They will milk EU and US by their strident anti-Russia-ism as this is the only trick left in their bag.

Thoughts in the right direction.

You know Russia is the only country in the world that help and lodges at peaceful refugees from the Ukraine, these refugees fleeing from the Nazis, who consider themselves the rights of Ukrainians.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: radrad999

Mission accomplished. Good work, comrade.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: radrad999
A 19th century Russia exported 50 of all raw materials, Learn the history.
This is a good step towards independence from the poisoned food.
Many Americans are coming
  in Russia they say that it is Paradise.

In Russia there are healthy foods.
In Europe and the United States they are only for the rich and the poor Americans eat fast food.

You have never been to Russia have you they have plenty of fast food and of course same heart clogging effects. They have hotdogs pizza and burgers well to be honest the burgers arent all that great. And well Russian food is good but they do like their cholesterol for example i like Okroshka but its butter milk and sour cream and talk about artery clogger. Than if you like Russian food and want a quick bite i suggest tepemok or teremok in english. Basically burgers wrapped in a pancake i know it sounds weird but there good can also get hotdogs or even chicken ham and bacon. By the way the pancake is fried in butter again not healthy. They even have sabarros if you like pizza well did anyway not sure if they stayed or left with mc donalds. As for people visiting Russia no on the paradise thing Americans in general dont like the accommodations and Russia has never been good at handling tourists. In fact if you dont speak some Russian id say you wouldnt enjoy it at all since doing the simplest things becomes very difficult.

I had to help out a gentleman from california last time i was there he didnt understand Russian yet his company sent him on a business trip been there a week by the time he saw me in the lobby said i was the first person he could actually talk to. So i showed him around and he even had dinner with relatives which i enjoyed because my Russian is mediocre at best.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: radrad999

Thoughts in the right direction.

You know Russia is the only country in the world that help and lodges at peaceful refugees from the Ukraine, these refugees fleeing from the Nazis, who consider themselves the rights of Ukrainians.

PS this was shown to be untrue there wasnt a mass exodus to Russia in fact turns out maybe a couple of thousand and even than they werent happy. They thought they were going to receive help and jobs and well didnt really happen. In fact in one article i read towns were worried about the Ukrainians moving into the area and to solve it they were buying them buss passes to Siberia.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The news in your media is mostly propaganda.

But anyway, one thing I can tell you that it makes a lot of sense for Russia to increase population of industrial towns in Siberia.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Your visits to Russia does not qualify you as a Russian strategic expert.

Ultimately each country acts according to its perceived best interests. This determines its course of action.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Your visits to Russia does not qualify you as a Russian strategic expert.

Ultimately each country acts according to its perceived best interests. This determines its course of action.

Believe i was discussing food didnt claim to be ab expert. Though i can tell you i understand the russian people so i do know alot more than people who have had little contact with tjem such as yourself. For example you dont believe there is resistance to Putins policies there is. Problem is currently if you attract too much attention your branded a terrorist or a western agent. And risking alot but even than you have people speaking out.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So what is your point.

There are people in EVERY country that disagree with its leader.

You are trying to ascribe something to me that I never said. This puts your intentions into question.

I understand that most Russians come to this website to know the opinion of foreigners. They want to learn something other that what their media is telling. It is natural to have self-doubts.

I have said multiple times that democracy and corruption-free society in Ukraine is welcome. However a corruption-free Ukraine is not equal to an anti-Russia Ukraine.

Ukrainians have become contracted mercenaries with only one aim to kill Russians, at the instance of West and paid by the West. All events in Kiev attest to this fact. The Russian speaking people are being vilified and humiliated.

This is a proxy war being fought by Kiev at instigation of the West. Russians need to unite and fight it as they fought World War II.

Any Western propaganda must be spurned.

It is foolish to consider Ukraine situation as "another frozen conflict" as it is not. Ukraine is too big to become a frozen conflict. The Kiev mercenaries are still roaming in rebel held areas. Kiev's single-minded purpose is to kill maximum number of Russian speaking people.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Theres no proxy war yet but im betting wont be much longer. If Putin doesnt back off Ukraine the west could easily turn this into an Afghanistan for him. If the west did start supplying arms to Ukraine any advantage the Russians have could disapear quickly. Russians are already mad about Russian troops fighting and dying in Ukraine as there government lies to them and says its not true. All the while Secret burials and forcing the families to stay quite about how there sons died. But imagine intead of thousands it could easily crank up to 50000 with a little help. Still think Putin could hide that from the public?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Xcathdra
Yep. And guess where they get a lot of their food from?

Ukraine.

Ukraine has lost a great deal of their former agricultural production capacity due to internal corruption.
Russia can get them back on track by subsidizing the Ukranian farming industry if Ukraine will let them.
But that wouldn't do them any good until next summer at the earliest.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Theres no proxy war yet but im betting wont be much longer. If Putin doesnt back off Ukraine the west could easily turn this into an Afghanistan for him. If the west did start supplying arms to Ukraine any advantage the Russians have could disapear quickly. Russians are already mad about Russian troops fighting and dying in Ukraine as there government lies to them and says its not true. All the while Secret burials and forcing the families to stay quite about how there sons died. But imagine intead of thousands it could easily crank up to 50000 with a little help. Still think Putin could hide that from the public?

Nope, you are wrong. Western arms will do no good until West acts directly.

Short of NATO army sent into Ukraine, nothing will happen.

Russia has a LOT OF TOOLS which I cannot write on a public board.

Your boast does not work.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

However a corruption-free Ukraine is not equal to an anti-Russia Ukraine.

That is not how Putin sees it. He does not care how corrupt the government is, provided it is pro-Russian.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: radrad999

So they are fleeing Nazi's you say...

Do yourself a favor and research Pavel Gubarev and see what you find.

In fact here is a little help for you...www.abovetopsecret.com....

Also you need to remember that it is because of Russia we see the refugees fleeing as this wouldn't be happening if they weren't in Ukraine, but of course Russia is the good guys in this whole conflict...right?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join