It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin BANS agricultural imports from sanctioning countries for 1 year

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Not even the Russian website you link to claims that any businesses are "going bust because of the sanctions."

And you taught I wasn`t able to provide that proof too ?

Source

Well the sanctions by thw west were not designed to hurt the Russian people you could argue thats part of the problem. But the sanctions are attempting to hurt putin and his very rich friend's. Thats why Putin made a mistake creating sanctions on food hes doing more damage than western sanctions were meanr to do. He s going to crash the Tussiam economy all because he believes hes getting revenge.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

and no where in the news article does it support your claim about companies going bust. It talks about the number of people who could POSSIBLY be affected by Putins ban on food imports.

Is it to much to ask that you actually support your claims with sources? Making a false claim and trying to hide it in a news article that does not support it does not work.

As for companies going bust, that would be in Russia. I wonder if all those tourists were able to get back home when the russian companies went bust because of Putins invasion of Ukraine and illegal annexation of Crimea.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

A slight contraction in Russian economy is no big deal. The same is happening in Europe also.

It happens to mature economies.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

and no where in the news article does it support your claim about companies going bust. It talks about the number of people who could POSSIBLY be affected by Putins ban on food imports.

Is it to much to ask that you actually support your claims with sources? Making a false claim and trying to hide it in a news article that does not support it does not work.

As for companies going bust, that would be in Russia. I wonder if all those tourists were able to get back home when the russian companies went bust because of Putins invasion of Ukraine and illegal annexation of Crimea.

You are exaggerating rather wildly.

I am sure tourists have gone back home. Airlines are operating in Russia - and not only Russian airlines.

Yes some companies will fail in Russia. Russia built its economy with European integration in mind for last 20+ years. A sudden change of course will definitely cause failure of some companies.

However the kind of sanctions that West has imposed are similar to cold war. These things worked in cold war, as Asia was NOT in a position to replace Western exports. The West led in innovation and manufacturing, so USSR was dependent on it.

This is no longer the case. USA is building a fifth generation fighter, so are China and Russia.

The access to capital, technology and trade are still intact for Russia. So sanctions will have some effect but not much.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

No, I am not exaggerating wildly.

The Russian companies that went bankrupt included Russian travel agencies, stranding their clients all over the place.

Nothing in the articles he posted support the false claims he is making.

The US already have 5th generation fighters deployed. Russia and China are trying to catch up. Russia does not have EU integration in mind for its economy and never did. What they wanted was for the EU and former SSR's to bow down and accept Russian demands about Russian products. We see this in the way Russia is throwing a fit about the EU - Ukraine economic pact they just signed. Russia cannot meet EU standards for the bulk of their products and as such, Russia is doing all it can to force their product's into the Ukraine market by demanding over 2000 products be dropped from the EU agreement.

All Russia is doing is hurting itself because Putin has something to prove and no one cares. Like his idiotic move to remove food from Russian shelves. Whats sad about that is I guarantee the Russian government will still get access to western food that have been banned. He is going to force the Russian people to go without while trying to spin the fall out as something the West started.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I already told you there was :

The price received by growers for their apples and pears, has dropped from 50 cents to 25 cents. According GroentenFruit House an unknown number of Dutch growers already filed for bankruptcy.

Big problem is the Russian boycott. Netherlands does not export themselves extensively to Russia, but for example Polish growers do. Poland exports annually eight hundred thousand tons of apples to Russia.

Source
edit on 28-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

Russia and China are at least two decades behind in technology. They might have caught up eventually but Putins actions means more money spent for military as if there isnt enough already. US has had the lead in aircraft and well as much as some like to claim there isnt another aircraft out there like the F22. For example stealth capability lets be honest Russia has reduced there cross section but they arent invisible to radar. Chinese tech is well based off Russian and what they can steal from the US defense contractors. And you got something backwards after USSR collapsed the west came in and rebuilt the economy. Remember in the 90s everything was for sale in Russia KGB files sold fighters anything not nailed down went into the black market. The economy was teetering on the edge of an abyss so money was given to Russia to develop its economy. Granted as it turns out alot went into the pocket of oligarchs and Putin. However some also went to infrastructure this allowed companies to move in bring jobs and increasing GDP.

This is the reason GDP is expected to shrink 4 percent next year as western companies begin the process of extracting themselves from the Russian economy.Though 2 year projections are harder they are even worse unless things change.Unfortunately for Russia Putin isnt thinking about whats best for russia hes thinking about how to remain in power. Hes changed the rules which banned him from doing exactly what hes doing. But now all he has to do is controll the population and of course the elections. As we saw in the last one hes not above election fraud as charged by many Russians in the last election. Putin will eventually lose power but i dont think its going to be bloodless for the Russian people/

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Your view is very simplistic and rhetorical.

The reality is far more complex.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

No.. The article you posted in response to my question never discussed companies going bankrupt. It talked about the number of people affected by the ban.

Only after I called you out did you post a correct article that only deals with the Netherlands. If you check a map of the European Union you will see it encompasses more than just the Netherlands.

As I stated before you need to stop with the blanket claims and false sources that don't support the claims.

edit on 29-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia

Your view is very simplistic and rhetorical.

The reality is far more complex.

how?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The West DID NOT rebuild Russia's economy. The West went for the kill - Russia's natural resources.

US objective was to take out USSR's nukes and a semblance of cooperation was necessary for that purpose.

Russia did have industry when USSR broke up. It is just that large part of that industry was not competitive with rest of the world. The businesses were for sale as everything was State owned and new "mantra" was privatization.

Russia went through very rapid changes. The Russian society endured a lot of pain until the Russian economy started to turn around in 2000+.

Today's Russian economy is very different from USSR economy. USSR economy was based on numbers - high production of low quality goods. The objective was to provide jobs to everybody and the numbers looked good in propaganda.

The current Russia produces goods which are competitive with rest of the world. The technology base has been updated.

I predict that any recession in Russia will not be worse than a recession in other parts of Europe. The sanctions are not going to have any real effect.

The conflicts in the world have given an indirect boost to Russian economy as several classes of Russian equipment are in high demand. The increased production of military equipment in Russia will mask deficiency in consumer sectors.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I have provided you with proof of both claims, "9.5 mil. farmers being hurt" and "businesses going bust."

WTF are you talking about it ?

Are you so blinded with anger about it not going your way regarding Putin you`re not able to read anymore ?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Your post here stated -

9.5 mil. farmers in the EU are getting hurt badly and there are already companies going bust in the EU right now because of the sanctions.

The source you linked in that post said nothing about EU businesses going bust. It discussed the 9.5 million that was affected by Putin's response.

I asked you to show me a link where it supported your claim that EU businesses were going bust. In your response here you made the same claims and linked to a source that discussed the 9.5 million but not EU businesses going bust.

Other members made the same request - To provide a source to support your claim EU businesses were going bust. You responded here and here and still failed to provide a source to support your claims EU businesses were going bust.

In your post here you posted a source that only dealt with the Netherlands.

Once again please link to a source that supports your claim EU businesses are going bust. The Netherlands is not the EU.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

The Netherlands is part of the EU, so its EU businesses who are going bust.

But here, have some more :

The farmers say they cannot cope with falling prices for their products.

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Its not the claim you made.

So, again, stop making claims you cant support. Stop adding your personal opinions in the manner of it looking like it came from the source you link to.

The EU is not the Netherlands and the Netherlands is not the EU.

(post by BornAgainAlien removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Falling prices are good for consumers!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yes, I see all of sudden everyone with a iPhone 6 Plus because they have saved 1 or 2 Euros.
edit on 30-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: DJW001

Yes, I see all of sudden everyone with a iPhone 6 Plus because they have saved 1 or 2 Euros.

Including Dmitry Medvedev, who has used an Iphone since 2010.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join