It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weekend I will be revisiting my childhood with DBZ Battle of the Gods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hello everybody
This Saturday I will be going to see the theatrical release of the dubbed version of Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Gods and I couldn't be more excited. I will always love Dragon Ball Z not for the amazing action and fighting sequences but because it taught me a lot about life that not a lot of cartoons can do. It taught me that you can achieve the impossible as long as you put the time and practice into it. It taught me the power of friendship for everyday life and most importantly it taught me to never give up no matter how many times you get beaten down. So I will have no problem handing my money over on Saturday to the people behind DBZ, hopefully this will trigger more movies to be made. I know it's just a cartoon and some people won't understand but this show meant a lot to me when I was a kid.

Now I just wish I could actually shoot an energy beem out of my hands and turn super saiyan
. Is there anyone else out there going? or am I all alone on ATS?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

I watched the subtitled version and it brought back fond memories, it was pretty good. However, so long removed from the original series its not as good as it could have been.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Big Anime Fan Here. I'm Just Gonna DwnLd This & Enjoy It @ Mi Casa.

Looks Great!

I think they need to move on, to new-er characters and generations. the graphics look great, but how long will they keep the same characters? Piccolo is old news and Goku doesn't seem to age a bit. The Androids have to rust sooner or later, or get an amazing upgrades. Let us see where the future of Fusion goes? There is so much they can do with DBZ and not loose any followers. Frankly, this is jumping the shark with "the non-improvements" i stated earlier. DBZ, Update Your Everything. Still a fan, always.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ahaha ya I guess in the real world the androids would need a software update also and I think it would be cool to see Goku go grey. I am curious though what is the time frame for this movie? does it take place after the boo saga?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I've seen the Japanese subtilted version and I'll tell you this much:

If you're looking for a Dragon Ball Z movie, you're in for massive amounts of disappointment and buyer's remorse. However, if you enjoyed Dragon Ball, you'll enjoy this film. This film features more of Toriyama's comedy and Dragon Ball styled story telling.

Either way, it's mildly entertaining.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well, with Freeza in the trailer...I would gander with saying Yes?

and...OMG Grey Old Goku would be PIMP! OOOOHHHHhhhh and he can turn into the most uber super duper sayin to save eveyone...but the stress kills him. that would be like a final episode or movie for him. but just because it killed him bc of the stress, doesn't mean that his great grand kids don't learn it or achieve it for a split second after the credits roll off.....ooohhh, im good at comming up with this.....
edit on th13Wed, 06 Aug 2014 14:13:39 -0500K201483931pm8 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Ya I have heard good and bad things about it but either way I am excited

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh, and if you enjoy comedy, please check this out:
www.youtube.com...

If you enjoyed Z, you'll loved Team Four Star's abridged series. It's shaky at best in the beginning but it transforms into something wonderful when they land on Namek.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, more movies are already set to be made as the studio has confirmed. You'll realize why at the end of the movie.
edit on 6-8-2014 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Awesome I will check some of these out when I get home!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The original voice actors are back for the English version. I look forward to it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My (grown) son saw it last night. His exact word were "It was amazing. A childhood dream come true!" I hope you enjoy it as much as he did.

new topics

top topics

join